Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:03:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [150$ Bounty] An experienced Computer builder is needed  (Read 456 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:51:09 AM

If someone help me to solve this issue, I will give him 150$ as

The build: I'm sorry for including the prices, just copied and pasted using PCPartPicker.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($339.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake - Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 40.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus - MAXIMUS IX HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($212.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($164.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($220.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($724.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake - View 31 TG RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($117.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus - PB277Q 27.0" 2560x1440 75Hz Monitor  ($349.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2328.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-23 02:50 EDT-0400

The issues:

1. If you see my CPU cooler, everything connects to a fan controller then the fan controller goes to the Motherboard. I did that, but they are not spinning or lightning or anything.

2. The GPU is also not doing anything, including the fans.
3. I linked the monitor to both GPU and then to the Motherboard but still, "No VGA signal" error.
4. I connected a keyboard in both the front and back panel, but It didn't turn on as well.

The motherboard is making lights though, and when I turn ON the computer, the RAM also turn ON and I can heard the HDD making a sound.

If I see that someone was able to fix at least some of my problems, I could give him a partial bounty too.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:09:40 AM

No lights from keyboard, monitor reads no signal, but the motherboard brings light and HDD spins. I think the problem's from your motherboard especially with the "no light on keyboard" symptom
raymond541

Activity: 821
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:14:27 AM

your monitor screen show black?
You need to re setup everything like RAM,Processor and Hard Disk.
First need to know your PC is new or old.
what happening after press start button.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:16:06 AM

Seems like you didn't connected well the power supply

https://youtu.be/Y4t_WvwuTEQ

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
David Hoggs

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:25:08 AM

Reconnect and see if all is work fine or not, Check the power supply for CPU fan to motherboard, I think as mentioned CPU fans are not receiving enough power from power supply.
Bowtiesarecool

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:32:04 AM

your monitor screen show black?
You need to re setup everything like RAM,Processor and Hard Disk.
First need to know your PC is new or old.
what happening after press start button.
What start button? Windows start button? Because the board's not POSTing tallk more of booting up
Bowtiesarecool

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:33:49 AM

Reconnect and see if all is work fine or not, Check the power supply for CPU fan to motherboard, I think as mentioned CPU fans are not receiving enough power from power supply.
But that shouldn't stop the board from not POSTing. The system should be able to come on and display - with or without fan - it will trip off a minute or two after the processor overheats
David Hoggs

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:57:41 AM

But that shouldn't stop the board from not POSTing. The system should be able to come on and display - with or without fan - it will trip off a minute or two after the processor overheats
[/quote]

Check if Processor is installed properly without any bend pins cover removed and Install Standoff below motherboard if required and see if any wire is not running below, as if motherboard touches the base can cause shorting.

Check if 4/8 pin CPU power connector is properly plugged in(See the motherboard manual for more details). It is located near CPU socket.
Hear System speaker beep sound, you can refer to manual for beep codes.

Check if CPU fan is fitted properly or not.
Jombitt

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:22:32 AM

Check your power supply cable if all of them are properly attach.
Check pins if properly attach also

check ram if it is dirty or got dust. clean it with an eraser the gold area.

romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:39:40 AM

I had experienced the same problem before,

1. If you haven't see the processor fan spinning or there is no link indicator on the motherboard, nothing less, your facing the power supply issue.

First check the fan of your Power Supply Unit, it should spinning. If the PSU fan was NOT spinning, check the PSU switch at the back of your PSU. and if the PSU fan was spinning. Check again your connection, there is 4 pin connection for Processor, which usually interchange.

Hope you fix your problem.

Thanks for the bounty! 

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:54:26 AM

If the problem still persist,

Please also check the CPU aux. 8-pin power connector if you're not forget to attached.

I feel that you easily make it working.

Please update us for any development, we're here to help.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
johnextman852

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:16:08 AM

I think you should contact the manufacturer (Thermaltake) ask them to replace your CPU cooler. Replace and installed the new will work again (base on my opinion). Or reinstalling the fan connectors?
did the fans run faster than normal?

xplorer79

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:15:28 PM

Seems like a power issue, or maybe a faulty motherboard.
Start with checking your wiring, especially the front panel connector. Also make sure something is not making a short under the motherboard (lost screw for an example). Also double check the CPU is installed fine in the socket, with no bent pins. Check the CPU power connector is not reversed.
Then, try disconnecting every component one by one, and test each time.

Your CPU has integrated graphics so you don't need the graphics card to run a test. Cooling is also not needed for a quick test.
If you arrive at the minimum (power supply, motherboard, cpu and 1 ram stick) and it does not power on, best bet is the motherboard or power supply is faulty.

Try with another (verified) power supply, just for the test. If it powers up, problem is the power supply (it could happen sometimes).
If it still does not power up, remove the remaining ram stick, and power on. If it does not make some beeps, then your motherboard is faulty.

Nice rig you have there !

Disclaimer : computer repairs is my day job Wink
TanyaDegurechaff

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

They say a thin line separates genius and madness.

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:45:06 AM

Is the problem already been fixed? I work as a computer technician with an experience of 5 years. If you still have the problem I can help you with that.

"Miracles are illusions caused by insufficient observation and understanding. They're just... glorious misunderstandings."
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:32:42 AM

I'm still receiving PMs regarding this thread. Sorry, I totally forgot about it because I was able to fix the issue shortly after posting the thread so I appreciate everyone who took the time and effort to suggest solutions.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████