Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:42:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If i send my bitcoins to a wrong address, what happens?  (Read 18003 times)
mahboob123

Activity: 723
Merit: 10

http://www.fintropy.io/

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 05:33:18 PM

Bitcoin send in wrong adress the bitcoin loss not come ur wallet pls you see adress many times than send bitcon to another wallet

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Asusnumbaone

Activity: 246
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:00:42 PM

Hi!
As the title says, what happens if i get an address wrong? Do the coins get lost?
If that's what happens, why not change the code in Bitcoin, so that if the bitcoin network cant detect that address, returns the bitcoins to you?
If you send your coin  to the wrong address, well it's your fault for being careless. You should check if you copied correctly the address of the receiver to avoid any mistake because if you send it in the wrong address, you cannot retrieve what you send, unless the person who receives it will send it back to you but that's impossible.
Olena9797

Activity: 448

https://auditchain.com

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:08:16 PM

Yes. They get lost forever. Hope you wrote right adress) i was just thinking about it today. How many money lost in crypto world

Aprodite

Activity: 364
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 06:27:20 PM

yes, your coins will be sent to the wrong address. and of course you will lose all the coins you have.
If the address is not listed in blockchain, then the transaction will fail by itself. So if you want to send bitcoin, make sure the address you go to is not wrong.
RodneyKings

Activity: 213
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:32:09 PM

Hi!
As the title says, what happens if i get an address wrong? Do the coins get lost?
If that's what happens, why not change the code in Bitcoin, so that if the bitcoin network cant detect that address, returns the bitcoins to you?

Obviously, it will be gone forever. If you sent it to a wrong address then that person is really lucky and would definitely see a bright future ahead  Cheesy
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:42:40 PM

If somehow it will be someones address - that lucky guy will get your coins. otherwise, if that adress is valid? but noone owns it - you will lose your coins
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:43:11 PM

Yes. They get lost forever. Hope you wrote right adress) i was just thinking about it today. How many money lost in crypto world

Bitcoin address is to different. So you will check the bitcoin addres before you will send. If wrong send you can't find any one. Bitcoin address is to safe to transfor the bitcoin so you will check and you for the transaction process. Bitcoin to easy to transactions process. You will send the bitcoin any one. It good opportunity of the future growth and future transactions process. If bitcoin transfor wrong address you can't if the bitcoin the where it will send.
kiver

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:32:04 PM

your bitcoins will be lost and there is no hope of retrieving them so that's why you have to be very careful when sending your money to another address check the sending more than once untill you make sure its the right address i hope i don't fall to that mistake my self oneday....
Darmanin

Activity: 119

Glab Trotter

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:35:58 PM

Whenever I send BTC has a different address I stress every time so much I'm afraid to be wrong ahah
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:49:30 PM

Whenever I send BTC has a different address I stress every time so much I'm afraid to be wrong ahah

Nothing to be scared about if you are careful enough. Yes it does scares at the beginning as if the funds are sent to another address its kind off lost even if the address exists, because you cannot contact the person to whom you sent. But for other Payment processors this can be reversed.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:53:34 PM

To prevent it from happening, it is better to copy and paste rather than of manual inputs.
Because using of blockchain technology, all transaction are not reversible. Once it become successful, you can't bring back your money even you have sending a wrong address unless it is appeared that it is invalid address. Double checking of address might work before sending.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
abderrazak belkhir

Activity: 1096
Merit: 167

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:36:24 PM

You will lost your tokens...the bad thinks is that you cant contact anyone for send back the amount to you because btc is decentralized and not need informations about users...we are the only responsible of our actions
Bestfriendko

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:15:43 PM

When something like that happens, forget that you even have a bitcoin. And someone out there will totally have a blast. A total celebration i may say. Imagine the excitement he/she may feel when out of nowhere a couple of bitcoin appears in their wallet. And you cannot blame anyone but yourself. That is totally your fault. Always remember, before you press that enter, check your input twice or more.
SupportBitcoin

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 09:46:02 PM

Hi!

You just gave someone a gift. There's no way to get them back unless that person sends them back to you but good luck finding who they are.

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:48:20 PM

Hi!

Once you have confirmed your transaction, there's no way to cancel it. Just say good bye to your bitcoin if ever you have sent it to a wrong address. That is why it is always better to double check before sending or doing any transactions. I doubt if the recipient will be generous enough to send back your bitcoin. Consider it as a gift if this happens.
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:50:10 PM

Hi!

There's no way to cancel the transaction. If ever I receive a free bitcoin I will not send it back. I doubt if some body had done it. It is always better to double check transactions and bitcoin address before sending it. All you can do if ever you sent your bitcoin to a wrong address is to check the numbers of confirmation done on block chain before the stranger receives your free bitcoin.
Nyenyepogi

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:58:56 PM

Hi!
It depends on your wallet because in our wallet coin.ph if you send a wrong adress you can contact the team of fheir company to resolve the problems but it takes a time because theyre are busy too so if you use like blockchain i think it never comeback again.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:01:45 PM

Hi!
What you say makes no sense, it's just impossible, it's like putting money in someone's pocket, and waiting for it to be repaid

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Irdina

Activity: 502

TheFutbolCoin

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:07:54 PM

It's your fault and bitcoin is not responsible for it.Sending bitcoins to the wrong address causes your bitcoin to disappear and can not come back again.Be careful in the delivery of bitcoin.

▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀          T h e F u t b o l C o i n     [    App Store    ] [   Google Play   ]          ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀        WHITEPAPER    |    TEAM    |    TWITTER    |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK        ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:15:48 PM

If you send your bitcoins to wrong address then surely blessed are those lucky receivers, Actually there are many cases happening in real scenario about sending btc in wrong no. and they find hard to recover the amount. Much better to double check always the pincode before sending:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: