Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:25:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: what will the price be one month from now? coment below as well as to why you picked.  (Voting closed: May 23, 2013, 08:58:39 PM)
>200 - 8 (10.7%)
<100 - 6 (8%)
100-150 - 44 (58.7%)
150-200 - 15 (20%)
it will start to rocket past the ATH - 2 (2.7%)
Total Voters: 75

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: price over the next month  (Read 2125 times)
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:50:40 AM

I believe the difficulty has more of an effect on prices than most people realize. The majority of coins that trade on a daily basis come from miners cashing in, and that is pretty much the source of what little liquidity we have. While it is true that increased difficulty will not change the amount of coins found on a daily basis, it will shrink the amount found by the majority of miners, especially those using low-hash gear. Few people will cash in with 0.00004453 coins due to exchange fees. They will stack the coins until they have a larger sum to exchange, effectively draining liquidity.

I expect a slow but steady increase, lagging the difficulty spikes by a week or two.

Personally I think you have the speculators to thank for liquidity. I tend to keep what little mining profits I generate, and I know a lot of people that do the same. Of course the large miners who sell their BTC do help, but people with 50k+ USD trading on Mt.Gox grease the markets up far more.

Edit: The average bottom price seems to be rising by $20 every month or so. I think next month we'll see averages around 130-140. Only time will tell, though.

i couldnt agree more. with history as any type of indicator when the price stagnates it means its building support. when some big fish with a hudred grand buys in and makes it rise three or four bucks then others will pull the trigger as well then we will see that hughe jump...with a drop off but land some where in the mid thirtys and then buld and then land in the mid fortys or low fiftys. thats 150 to be clear. im thinking that this think is just about to take off. over the weekend this is going to get crazy...or maybe it will wate for tuesday after the holiday.
MrSike

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

I do not support any of these 3 coins in my avatar

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:04:19 AM

I think it will decrease, possibly hitting $100 in 30 days.

BTC: 1167XUNMF95xpRvQphKnKXPiJmP16cgTpm
MRO: 49BqijXcCU4MGfp2PGpqETNnX4yjrx9ZNj8TiKUj2N1kAZmY3A5cmHfiDGHnnTDiwbfmE7MZYDrSATz 2AN1JQvtWGVm6MJ6
ingvarfervent

Activity: 826
Merit: 302

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:13:39 AM

110-130 at Summer
Caser

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:20:53 AM

I believe the difficulty has more of an effect on prices than most people realize. The majority of coins that trade on a daily basis come from miners cashing in, and that is pretty much the source of what little liquidity we have. While it is true that increased difficulty will not change the amount of coins found on a daily basis, it will shrink the amount found by the majority of miners, especially those using low-hash gear. Few people will cash in with 0.00004453 coins due to exchange fees. They will stack the coins until they have a larger sum to exchange, effectively draining liquidity.

I expect a slow but steady increase, lagging the difficulty spikes by a week or two.

Personally I think you have the speculators to thank for liquidity. I tend to keep what little mining profits I generate, and I know a lot of people that do the same. Of course the large miners who sell their BTC do help, but people with 50k+ USD trading on Mt.Gox grease the markets up far more.

Edit: The average bottom price seems to be rising by $20 every month or so. I think next month we'll see averages around 130-140. Only time will tell, though.

i couldnt agree more. with history as any type of indicator when the price stagnates it means its building support. when some big fish with a hudred grand buys in and makes it rise three or four bucks then others will pull the trigger as well then we will see that hughe jump...with a drop off but land some where in the mid thirtys and then buld and then land in the mid fortys or low fiftys. thats 150 to be clear. im thinking that this think is just about to take off. over the weekend this is going to get crazy...or maybe it will wate for tuesday after the holiday.

I think there's something to that. It's worth noting that a lot of the positive buzz around Bitcoin started after the crash. There's a lot more serious capital being invested in building infrastructure, which among other things means a deeper pool of competent personnel which brings increased stability. I don't think growth will be breakneck fast but it will be persistent, and that stability and innovation in the space will build on itself, and as more goods are available in BTC there will be less reason to convert back to a fiat currency so business's will hold BTC in order to use it in their supply chain, and the BTC/USD will go up for that reason rather than as a speculative play.
KatiHahn

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:27:09 AM

the price freeze at 110btc  Grin Grin
KatiHahn

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:38:12 AM

the price freeze at 120btc

Too much, i say 110btc
keccak512

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:44:15 AM

a?
poewerden

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:45:32 AM

The more stable price, the better for Bitcoin. But im biased because i dont hold Bitcoins speculatively in expectation of taking huge profits after price rise - seems Im exception here  Cheesy
monkeyballz

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:46:39 AM

What are the most important influencing factors?

Would BTC drop if all russian moneys that where put into BTC during zyprus crisis would leave BTC and change back to hard money?
marjan-

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:55:18 AM

I think it will fall till about $70 to $80 in the coming 2 weeks and then rise again, and peak at about $120 to $130 (or is that what I am speculating on Cheesy)
Sure hope it will be more volatile then now, because with the steady price at this moment, no money can be earned whatsoever.
fosis

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:58:55 AM

Drop in 1-2 weeks due to gox problems, then rise to $150+
esillwe

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:29:11 AM

Slow and steady wins the race, would be good to have some calm for a while
systic

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:33:28 AM

id love to see 170s but expecting 130
gpurig1

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:42:27 AM

1000 usd per bitcoin

Coreyok96

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:48:01 AM

What are the most important influencing factors?

Would BTC drop if all russian moneys that where put into BTC during zyprus crisis would leave BTC and change back to hard money?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say... definitely. Tongue
The cause of the price rise, as far as we know, was the Cyprus crisis and people putting money in, and by extension people seeing that Cypriots putting their money into Bitcoin would drive the price up putting money in and driving the price up. Tongue

Anyway, my guess is it will still be sitting around $100-$150, although $150-200 is also very likely.
Gemminyc

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:53:46 AM

sorry for noob question but what ATH mean in "it will start to rocket past the ATH" option?
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:57:24 AM

ATC = all time high
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:19:08 PM

Drop in 1-2 weeks due to gox problems, then rise to $150+

it would be droping now if it were going to drop cuz of the gox problems. no this is supposed to be a rally and people are buying in. you have to match all those coins mined and all the crazy ness that is going on at gox and you would think that the price would fall like a rock. cash in the mined coins. gox is fucked up im out. but no its holding strong at this price and even steadaly rising. so what does this mean? it means that a lot of people ARE buying right now. i think this is support as ive said and this will go up in a strong bound. ten to twenty dollars when all said and done.
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:21:02 PM

should melt up to 166 and above but not exceed 183 before crashing back down below 50

sounds plasable. what would make it melt up to that level and where is the support for it going all the way down to 50 Huh
rpaulson

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:44:59 PM

The price will plummet as people abandon bitcoin in favor of litecoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: