Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:40:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop compulsive chart checking?  (Read 1549 times)
bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:55:20 AM

I'm not a day trader - in it for the long term.
How can I convince myself not to keep looking at the market charts multiple times per day?
It’s a normal thing for new traders or scared traders, you are probably just too bothered about your chances of
making profit or losing your money, but that shouldn’t bother you, you find other things to do get yourself busy.
Bilbo Baggins

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:02:02 AM

I used to be like that, I guess curiosity and nerves plays a big part in it.

Just give it time and you will start losing interest slowly and only check every now and than whenever you remember or think about it.
A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:26:05 AM

Recently I started to sometimes do the same thing, but not every day. In 2014-2016 I was able to easily forgot about the price for months, but this year things became interesting. I'm a holder and mostly interested in finding an opportunity to buy more at the dips.
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:20:48 AM

How can I convince myself not to keep looking at the market charts multiple times per day?
That was the most stupid behavior I picked up or put up when I was still learning how to trade, and I think it was due to the fact that I was nervous and was scared of losing my money to the market then since I was using my pocket money to trade at the early stages.
offlinedragon

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:40:41 AM

I have noticed that habit is one of the habit that most new traders pick up when trading, they keep on checking the chart like watching the chart is going to give them profit in the new second, they end up wasting precious time.
MinMan

Activity: 608
Merit: 154

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:01:22 PM

You dont have to, if you dont want to. Since I enter to this cryptos world, Checking a market and price become habits. I dont force my self to do it, but because I want to. If you planting some plants, dont you wanna see its growing every day. Or if its withered, dont you wanna know whats happening and why thats happen?. you're a long term investor, I think maybe you dont want to check it everyday, because if you do it, you'll have feeling will lost money if the price dump ,isn't it? If that so, good luck to find a way to convince yourself.

I have the same problem. It is the first thing I do in the am and most evenings. I am also trying desperately to curb it. Sound advice.
It is I must say like you developed a habit just like having a cup of tea every day in the morning and evening. It is good to know about what’s going on but you can have a look at the charts twice a week or so. This will serve the purpose in a good way. Checking it every day will just make you more worried.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:14:33 PM

belief is a symbol of trust. but anyway you see a graph like you play in forex. I think it is not much different. if you are more experienced of course you will know what step you are taking. it's all about knowledge and research. dont forget it takes patience.

for me, I dont really see the graph, I just follow the pattern of market and global development, then I make sure with the graph.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:34:21 PM

I dont really like trading. I only invested for bitcoin and allcoin. it looks easy than we should focus on trading. too much time to start trading.
mammoniter

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 06:51:27 AM

I don't see any problem in looking the charts multiple times per day, though maybe at some point if it becomes and urge and uncontrollable then maybe you should set a goal and a date when to check the market trends in that way it would be more exciting for you. Also try to focus on other factors in your investment aside from market charts like current events and news related to coins to divert your attention.

nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:00:14 PM

Recently I started to sometimes do the same thing, but not every day. In 2014-2016 I was able to easily forgot about the price for months, but this year things became interesting. I'm a holder and mostly interested in finding an opportunity to buy more at the dips.
So far, 2017 has been full of surprises and we all are expecting more breaking news. If someone wants to get benefited from bitcoins then he must keep an eye on the changing prices or else he can skip a golden chance. However, there has not been much change in the prices for last 24 hours.
ninabobo

Activity: 463

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:07:28 PM

I think it's common, and commonplace. we are almost the same, always look at the graphics on the screen. really annoyed. but that's the human nature, I think there's always the fear and the desire to see up on the chart

Lenzie

Activity: 658
Merit: 254

For campaign management, please pm me.

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:14:12 PM

I did that once too, even I am not a daytrader too. Remind yourself that charts are not everything there is in trading. Lots of news and stories affect the dumping and pumping of bitcoin. Tell yourself that you are holding that coin for a long term, it has a great project and I am holding it because I believe it will increase more in the following months. Just like a mantra LOL. Get yourself busy at reading things and other stuff and go away with your laptops or gadgets.  Roll Eyes Wink Grin

Bitcoin Mixer
▬▬ www.Go-Overt.com ▬▬
.............CLEARNET..........TORNET............
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀░░░░██████▄
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄█▀░░░░░░█████████
▀████████▌▐░░░░░░░████████▀
▀████████▄██▄░░████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀