Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:25:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to choose good ICO?  (Read 1561 times)
Georgeberg (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:25:31 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 03:49:06 PM by Georgeberg

Help please, what are the most important things to look before investing in ICO.
please DON'T send recommendation and DON'T promote your ICO just share your knowledge and experience.
what will be the top 3 points to look at?

Thanks

Thank you all for the help, I did some research and found PayperEx ICO answering to most of your advices here.
n4poleon

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:34:23 AM

Good dev team is the most important in my opinion. Second, probably what is the project trying to solve, you may want to do your own market sizing and valuation from there. Take time to read their whitepaper and understand it, ask questions. It helps as well if you join them at slack if they have one. If you don't understand it, don't invest simply as that otherwise you're just shilled by marketers.   
Kuingsudaqila

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:47:03 AM

is good ico
1 plan project
2 dev team, must experience, not only buy account btt, account must hero member
3 use escrow and campaign manager, ussualy ico selling use tokenmarket is good coin and good rate after added to exchanger

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      Powered by
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PANK21

Activity: 342
Merit: 108

Bounty Detective

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:55:09 AM

Help please, what are the most important things to look before investing in ICO.
please DON'T send recommendation and DON'T promote your ICO just share your knowledge and experience.
what will be the top 3 points to look at?

Thanks
First of all you must read the ANN thread if you want to know about your preferred ico . I think the most important thing about choosing a good ico is that they respond immediately to the problems that may occur and also they maintain theyre update and happenings in their ico projects for all the participants that joined . They suggest what will be the good decision and communicate very well.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:22:13 AM

The top 3 things I will look at are
1)   Business plan: I will look at the problems this team can solve and how to solve.
2)   Development team: Interact and ask questions in slack channel.
3)   Escrow arrangement: Escrow preferred and I will look at the payment plan to developer when they deliver their promises. I will see whether it is reasonable.
kseniya.pride

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:55:05 AM

1) Team with experience, blockchain experts 
2) Active social media channels (at least 10-15)
3) Right product at the right time! - one of the main points  Wink
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:05:31 PM

Good dev team is the most important in my opinion. Second, probably what is the project trying to solve, you may want to do your own market sizing and valuation from there. Take time to read their whitepaper and understand it, ask questions. It helps as well if you join them at slack if they have one. If you don't understand it, don't invest simply as that otherwise you're just shilled by marketers.   
I agree with you . DEV team is the most important because they are the most knowledgeable about their project and they will answer questions about the project. If they have a good development team then surely that project will be very successful.
Social_Cryptonetix

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 12:06:01 PM

- Team - do they have a good developer, and marketing team
- Social Media - how many outlets are they apart of
- Product/Plan - what are they offering

~Cryptonetix.com~
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:13:10 PM

team first, in fact, many projects dont have ANN in the forum now, you may follow the third platform which list ico project or some influence men to participate, but its better to dou your own research, including team, the roadmap, the time of trading..

arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:16:27 PM

most of the replied are the same since experience taught everyone on how to select better project and I agree that dev backgrounds is really the most important to know allowing you to research if they are really exist and how well they can achieved their promise after that the target use of the coin if its also can be done completely after that its your instinct about the project that's also considerable.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
fabricioasv

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:19:38 PM

1 - Plan project (If you believe in project, probably other things will be contempleted)
2 - Dev team (See theirs profiles in linkedin / bbt / twitter / blogs / github / slack / etc)
3 - Campaign manager, team's attention for answer the questions and discutions

OBS: Be carreful with post's, becouse some of them is merely payed
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 12:21:58 PM

look also if they have some partnership or somebody ready to use their product
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:27:53 PM

is good ico
1 plan project
2 dev team, must experience, not only buy account btt, account must hero member
3 use escrow and campaign manager, ussualy ico selling use tokenmarket is good coin and good rate after added to exchanger
I agree with what you mentioned. At least a project must have a strong team, in addition to the existence of a clear goal and also the target that is the target of the project. Oh yes a good project must have an escrow that can guarantee investors' funds are safe and secure. So that later an ICO can successfully attract investors. Because an ICO without many investors will surely make ICO fail and we will all feel disadvantaged.
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:34:18 PM

How to choose good ICO's? First  you should read all of the informations about that coin and after that you do some research and ask about it after that if you are now convince try to visit their ICO website to see their price and how many percent they will give if you do buy their coin, mostly if they give you more coin or sort of as a investor you really want to buy their coin because the coin that you will buy is quite big discount or you could get more coins.
_Dawid_

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:38:46 PM

Common rules:

1. Business plan and its vaule
2. Team, especially developers, great team = bigger chance to succeed
3. Social activity

Additional:

Fourth maybe less important technically, but as people says " the first impression is the most important"  Wink
4. Catchy name
Kinetic

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:00:00 PM

I would say the top three things are

1) Past experience of the key members
2) Project white paper and service they are offering, how well thought out is it, is there a market need?
3) Response time from support teams when questions are answered before the ICO starts. Many of us will actually send tickets just to see if we get a response. A real team that wants to bring a good product will stay on top of the customer interaction.
BenchCoinToken

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

BenchCoin: A Digital Student Property Enterprise

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 01:02:10 PM

Our main concerns are:

1. Business Plan for AFTER the ICO (many ICO's lack this key element)
2. Detailed White Papers for the ICO and Token
3. Team Tokens restricted by Milestones
4. Use of Escrow
5. Transparent Team
6. Practical use, Feasibility and Implementation of Technology (most also lack this part)
7. Token Distribution %'s
8. Limited Token Supply

I would also add that it's a good idea the business has a financial impact AFTER the ICO is completed and the new technology/idea will improve on current business models.

Best of luck!

JakeRTFM

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:12:54 PM

1. Good project. Not only a port of an existing project on a blockchain. What the projet need on blockchain technology ? Nothing so why using blockchain techs ?
2. Good team. ICO means that you will give your money to a "company" that will build something with it. So you have to expect that this company will be serious with a serious team. In this team, they will need good developers, but also peoples to communicate, to sell the project to the investor....
3. Use of Escrow. Security ...
4. Good and transparent communication from the team. A lot of ICO never respect their roadmap, that's ok ! It's not something that exist only in [Suspicious link removed]panies. But transparency and communication has to be strong.
5. The management of the ICO. Communication, legal part, security....

Activity: 255

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:19:57 PM

A team with a history of prior involvement with successful businesses in the crypto ecosystem.

We see many projects with people who came out of nowhere or with a business model completely unrelated with crypto, they just want to get financed, in this case they better make their pitch at Kickstarter.
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 01:26:32 PM

There should be a good development team and a experienced management team. Idea should be solid and the money they raise should be less than $10m.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: