Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:49:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Broker>PaperWallet>Electrum>Broker, unconfirmed?  (Read 710 times)
robertbruce (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

AWorldWideWebOfReasons AWorldWideWebOfResults

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:23:20 PM

i sent my balance from Broker>PaperWallet>Electrum>Broker but it's still coming up unconfirmed an hour an a half later?

i thikn i've somehow done something wrong. Initially I tried a lower fee, im pretty sure i cancelled, i didnt get a confirmation transaction come up. I then tried again with a proper fee and did get a confirmation...

this is the trasaction,

81ba96e85723a00052d9e38852833d1041f2bb8553147c8240f5fe7b35739217

i am wonder if someone could please tell me what ive done wrong?

A World Wide Web Of Reasons
A World Wide Web Of Results

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
robertbruce (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:39:44 PM

Bitcoin Client Software and Version Number: Electrum 1.9.8
Operating System: Deb8
System Hardware Specs: 64bit 2.8cpu with 4gram
Description of Problem: stuck
Any Related Addresses:
Any Related Transaction IDs:81ba96e85723a00052d9e38852833d1041f2bb8553147c8240f5fe7b35739217
Screenshot of the problem:
Log Files from the Bitcoin Client: yes

OK, i just read speing from an unconfiremd address will tend to make things sticky....

But there was hours and hours before i tried the wallet>broker tx

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:41:09 PM

i sent my balance from Broker>PaperWallet>Electrum>Broker but it's still coming up unconfirmed an hour an a half later?

i thikn i've somehow done something wrong. Initially I tried a lower fee, im pretty sure i cancelled, i didnt get a confirmation transaction come up. I then tried again with a proper fee and did get a confirmation...

this is the trasaction,

Your fee looks too low to be accepted in the current bitcoin network within 6 blocks.
It should be confirmed within a maximum of 24 hours (I think).

Try viabtc.com and click "pool" then "transaction accelerator".

Try to use dynamic fees in future or look at the suggestion from bitcoinfees.21.co.
robertbruce (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:48:54 PM

i thought .0002 was ok, i thought that was the default electrum amount....

can i just mention the previous transaction fully confirmed while I was making the OP

will check out those addys. ta for that

mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 12:54:51 PM

can i just mention the previous transaction fully confirmed while I was making the OP

Just some technical background: there is no "default" fee... If you use an (old) wallet that still uses a "default" fee, for your own sake, please ditch it asap.

On average, one block will be found every 10 minutes (the difficulty adjustment tries to make sure the time between blocks is ~10 minutes, so if more hashrate enters the network, the diff will go up to have this number).
A block has a maximum size of 1 Mb.
So, the number of transactions that can end up in a block is limited to 6 Mb/hour (on average). This is why the fee is calculated based on the size of the transaction. Mind you: size has nothing to do with the amount of BTC that is being transferred.

What does influence the transaction size then? Simple: the number of inputs used and the number of outputs generated by the transaction.
A transaction using 1 inputs of 10 BTC to generate one output of 9.999 BTC will be much smaller than a transaction using 100 inputs of 0.001 BTC to generate 2 outputs of 4.9999 BTC.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:56:00 PM

Blockchain.info still claims it's unconfirmed.
Also, 60sats/byte is a fairly low priority fee since the mempool filled up quite rapidly recently.
robertbruce (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:10:11 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 01:49:18 PM by robertbruce

fixed, sorry

thank-you all for your replies, including you jack.. ill see if i can do a re-fee thingy on the fee through electrum before i have to create a new login...

robertbruce (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:23:06 PM

What does influence the transaction size then? Simple: the number of inputs used and the number of outputs generated by the transaction.
A transaction using 1 inputs of 10 BTC to generate one output of 9.999 BTC will be much smaller than a transaction using 100 inputs of 0.001 BTC to generate 2 outputs of 4.9999 BTC.

yes, i noticed i have two outputs, i thought i had double-spent..

but i didnt double spend however i'm not sure why i have two outputs?... 
 https://blockchain.info/tx/81ba96e85723a00052d9e38852833d1041f2bb8553147c8240f5fe7b35739217

mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 01:27:41 PM

yes, i noticed i have two outputs, i thought i had double-spent..

but i didnt double spend however i'm not sure why i have two outputs?...  
 https://blockchain.info/tx/81ba96e85723a00052d9e38852833d1041f2bb8553147c8240f5fe7b35739217

This transaction uses 2 unspent outputs as input, and generates one output. I don't think it's double spending any inputs, since in this case, blockchain.info usually gives a warning, and the double spending transaction usually doesn't propagate properly. But like other members already concluded: your only problem seems to be the low fee... (altough i didn't take the effort of properly examining the transaction, at first sight, it looks fine if you disregard the fee)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
robertbruce (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:53:15 PM

well, this is going to be fun. electrum 1.9.8 doenst have replace fees.

Being originally from a paper-wallet and with no change address' showing any amounts, can i just close down electrum and fire-up bitcore to import the same paper-wallet key and do a refee or cancel from there? If it was an electron created wallet or had change on it the process would be different.

im pretyy sure i can do this and may just go ahead before an reply. bc's all sync'd redy to go, one must be able to import and export different wallets

mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 03:24:43 PM

well, this is going to be fun. electrum 1.9.8 doenst have replace fees.

Being originally from a paper-wallet and with no change address' showing any amounts, can i just close down electrum and fire-up bitcore to import the same paper-wallet key and do a refee or cancel from there? If it was an electron created wallet or had change on it the process would be different.

im pretyy sure i can do this and may just go ahead before an reply. bc's all sync'd redy to go, one must be able to import and export different wallets

first of all: it might be a good idear to update your wallets from time to time Wink
With electrum, as long as you have the seed phrase (for a hd wallet) or the private keys you imported originally, not much can go wrong...

As for your question: i don't really follow what's happening at your end, but, generally speaking, you can import private keys from a paper wallet into as many desktop wallets as you want. As long as you don't spend the unspent outputs by creating a transaction and signing it using the private key from your paper wallet, each of those desktop wallets has the potential to spend the unspend outputs (wow, that's a confusing sentence  Roll Eyes )

In the end, it might be more usefull to use viabtc's txaccelerator, and just wait untill they hit their next block... Your transaction had a 58 sat/byte fee, so if you submit it to viabtc exactly when the next hour begins, they should accept your transaction, and it should be confirmed in a couple of hours Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
robertbruce (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:48:50 PM

before i go to viabtc i would like to give bitcore a go using it RPC method... so ill follo the ins on the guide page...

re updating software, i do synaptic updates very regularly and am using bitcore and electrum from those repositories. Im not sure why it isnt updating bc's and el's version but ill look into it later...

re the two depoists outputs. Yes, i remember now, i made two inputs to that addy and that is where i have stuffed up, trying to use it from a sw wallet in its original form. Prolly what i should have done in electrum is "recieved" the paper-wallet key so el could combine them onto one of it's addys...

many thanks again

robertbruce (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:07:25 AM

this is the trasaction,

Your fee looks too low to be accepted in the current bitcoin network within 6 blocks.

Try to use dynamic fees in future or look at the suggestion from bitcoinfees.21.co.

i opened bitcore and was surprised to see a balance. The two inputs to the output had fully confirmed, both ticked and the transaction wasnt showing, i had previously deleted that file and started qt with walletscan.
closed bc and opend electrum. Electrum still had the three actions in there, inputs confirmed, but output not...i worry electrum sent them again.
Later l looked on blockchain and there was only one output where previously there had been two.

so went over to viabtc.com, signed up, but didnt full verify my id.
wnet pool, tool, added the transaction addy, it replort acceleration successful and said i had no more tries.

so what happens now? I read the faq, tried to find the block the transaction where on and am sort of expecting to see some changes in blockchain but not noticing anything....

mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 05:34:38 AM

this is the trasaction,

i opened bitcore and was surprised to see a balance. The two inputs to the output had fully confirmed, both ticked and the transaction wasnt showing, i had previously deleted that file and started qt with walletscan.
closed bc and opend electrum. Electrum still had the three actions in there, inputs confirmed, but output not...i worry electrum sent them again.
Later l looked on blockchain and there was only one output where previously there had been two.

so went over to viabtc.com, signed up, but didnt full verify my id.
wnet pool, tool, added the transaction addy, it replort acceleration successful and said i had no more tries.

so what happens now? I read the faq, tried to find the block the transaction where on and am sort of expecting to see some changes in blockchain but not noticing anything....

you don't need to sign up for viabtc. They have a free service over here:
https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/

They only accept 100 transactions per hour tough, so it's important you enter your tx id + the captcha at XX:59 and hit the submit button at XX:00 because at XX:03 all 100 slots are usually filled.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
robertbruce (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:12:53 AM

yerr nahh, couldnt find the tool link without signing up.... found it today tho'

i've ended up re-sending it with a correct fee. This is my second use of a wallet and im surprised at the fee, 266.841 sat/B , i thought it would be lower. To tx usd $81 it's cost me $3. I realise it would be less if there wasn't two outputs, but still aroun $2... that is unless ive done something wrong but i don't think so.

It was a bit scary seeing it come up on blockchain as a double spend but im impressed with how quickly the system realised it was a resend and adjusted stuff accordingly.

thanks for all your help, my fee was for a couple of hours away so should be all good...

mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 09:22:53 AM

yerr nahh, couldnt find the tool link without signing up.... found it today tho'

i've ended up re-sending it with a correct fee. This is my second use of a wallet and im surprised at the fee, 266.841 sat/B , i thought it would be lower. To tx usd $81 it's cost me $3. I realise it would be less if there wasn't two outputs, but still aroun $2... that is unless ive done something wrong but i don't think so.

It was a bit scary seeing it come up on blockchain as a double spend but im impressed with how quickly the system realised it was a resend and adjusted stuff accordingly.

thanks for all your help, my fee was for a couple of hours away so should be all good...

happy you got it solved Smiley
As for the high fee... Indeed, there are a lot of unconfirmed tx's being broadcasted lately. This causes some sort of fee-bidding war (since transactions with the highest fee per byte of tx data usually get picked by the miners). There are times when the fees are a lot lower than they are right now tough Smiley.

Technically, you can estimate your fee this way:
tx size =~ nr of inputs*147 + nr of outputs*34 + 10 + number of inputs

In your case:
tx size =~ (2 x 147) + (1 x 34) + 10 + 2 = 340 bytes

https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ teaches us the optimal fee at this time is 450 satoshi's/byte

So:
340 * 450 = 153.000 satoshi's = 0.00153 BTC =~ $6.4 (at current preev rate).
However, this is like the optimal fee for which you have a 95% chance of your tx ending up in one of the next 3 blocks... The fee you added should be more than sufficient if you're willing to wait a couple of hours.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:52:59 AM

I have not sure what service or website or wallet you were using Because the actual breakdown of the menu was confusing but I can tell you this. If you have a transaction ID then there's no going back. Couple people mentioned some services that will speed things up but most of them are kind of hit missing you got to get in there at just the right time to even get your transaction in the system.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:05:31 AM

Using a couple of different online services both of them free you can actually reverse the transaction ID back to the original hash and then resubmit that transaction hash to the network. It's not as complicated as it sounds but you want to make sure that you're reading everything clearly, this cannot mess up your original transaction if you have something wrong with the hash it will simply either be kicked back or create a brand new transaction that probably is nowhere near related to your old one.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
robertbruce (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:23:17 PM

hey fellas, it ended up a real mess and Im sure there was a miner out there cursing me for half the night...

viabtc.com ended up sorting it but I submitted there twice inbetween tying core and Electrum Wallets over a 10 hour period.

It original got to one confirm, the resend disappeared at bcinfo so i set about deleting the resend from my wallet. I did the scan thingy and deleted the resend did the scan thing again just to be sure, it took many hours to do the scan thingy.
So the resend should have been gone from my wallet right?
Wrrong, I opened core, not looking getting up immediately for the kettle. I get back with my cup of tea and the resend is still there, core had updated and im thinking, oh gwad' no it's resent the resend.
Sure enough there it was on bcinfo so I disconnected eveything and went and stood in the corner for a while.
Next day I delete core and the block files that took a week to get down. By this time one or the other had replaced the other, i've forgotten.
Next i go to open my browser, I miss the browser menu item and mis-hit the electrum wallet item but didn't notice cause I clicked over to a different desktop. Somethies crome slow to start on my machine but electrum sure aint so m sitting there waiting for crome flick back a desktop and BAM, there's electrum open with the resend AGAIN....arrrghhhh
I rip me dongle out an just pray eveyone's too busy to pull my ip and dd me....lol...

Maybe it would not of mattered, maybe i should be using a beefier machine to run core rtaher, a 4gig twin-core 3gh sounds enough, butmaybe its not given the circumstance...

thanks for your posts, i havnt open core or electrum since, too scared...lol...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: