Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:35:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kickstarter + Crypto = 🤑??? [DISCUSSION]  (Read 592 times)
VFabio (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 01:26:52 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 01:41:57 PM by VFabio

I just wanted to discuss what could be possible combining Crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter and coins. Any opportunities?

Are there businesses doing it already??

Thanks for any suggestion and idea!
zelga93

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:08:38 PM

you can read FundYourselfNow is a crowdfunding platform just like kickstarter
ico has finished 3 weeks a go have exchanger coss.io, etherdelta, and gonna hit bittrex
the program will start 2018 if i don't forget

BitWhale

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:44:08 PM

Why do a kickstarter and have people donate actual money when you can just create your own coin & create value out of thin air. -sarcasm-

I'd imagine the ICO startups have raised exponentially more "value" than they would've through kickstarter, with less of a chance of getting sued when they don't deliver. (AKA: scammers paradise)

We can argue later about if the value is real or not, out of sight out of mind I suppose??
thompshma

Activity: 342

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:59:39 PM

DCORP is doing this already. They had their ico a few months ago and the coin will be on exchanges in October.

The forum for posting projects to be funded is set to open in December sometime. You use DCORP tokens to vote/fund projects that
get presented. Part crowdsource part democratic.

https://youtu.be/0rBvgbVVhRc -
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:17:47 PM

isn't most of ICOs are kickstarting their project with btc/eth ? but yeah most of them are related with social platform not same like kickstarter site where you fund to realize a new stuff.

I think it would not work, crypto world is unpredictable, the price can be change anytime and it can ruin project plan because they can lose money before reach their target

sixexgames

Activity: 406

One Social Network

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 03:23:27 PM

You could check out CoinStarter which is pre-launch. You can get 25 tokens free for signing up for an account. https://www.coinstarter.com?ref=njtdj7doj

overttherainbow

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:33:49 PM

I'm pretty sure the Kick ICO is a crowdfunding platform that also issues tokens to investors as an extra incentive to invest in the projects set up there.

It has gained a lot of traction on the ground I believe.
phoenixdowndee

Activity: 1036
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:33:27 AM

Crowdholding seems an interesting concept, seems to be all about co-creation and raising capital back into startups.

Link is below

https://ico.crowdholding.com/
btcminer49er

Activity: 327
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:42:41 AM

AFAIK some crowdfunding platforms like kickstarter won't let you post a project without a prototype, due to so many scam
yura888

Activity: 364

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:02:22 PM

I think that a lot of people left the kickstarter in the market of ICo and cryptocurrency.

MaoChao
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1133

Get Some!

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:05:03 PM

www.kickico.com

p.s. I do not like this project.

kseniya.pride

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:17:38 PM

Crowdholding is a decentralized open innovation platform that connects entrepreneurs and the crowd, allowing them to give feedback on products, services, and ideas in return for future revenue via our YUPIE tokens.

Here you go!
Denamen

Activity: 499

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:20:13 PM

ya we have some idea like that. look at fundyourself now and kickico... same with ur idea

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
VFabio (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 01:40:03 PM

www.kickico.com

p.s. I do not like this project.

The question is what are those platforms missing?

Because I don't really like this project, as well.. A coin based ecosystem needs more than the functionality of throwing money in. Especially in this industry it's difficult, since imo crypto-funding differentiates from the crowdfunding we got to know so far.
Humperdoo

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:35:09 PM

I just wanted to discuss what could be possible combining Crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter and coins. Any opportunities?

From the Kickstarter community guidelines, "Investment is not permitted on Kickstarter. Projects can't offer incentives like equity, revenue sharing, or investment opportunities."
So i believe the answer is no
VFabio (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 12:06:41 PM

From the Kickstarter community guidelines, "Investment is not permitted on Kickstarter. Projects can't offer incentives like equity, revenue sharing, or investment opportunities."
So i believe the answer is no

I wouldn't like Kickstarter to transform.. I'm thinking about new, innovative platforms. Kickstarter and the traditional crowdfunding method is a bit out of fashion. Combining the idea of crowdfunding with token logic (smart contract technology) opens up whole new opportunities.

Creating an ecosystem with tokens allows companies to involve people in a much deeper sense, letting them act autonomously within the environment you build for them. Crowdsourcing doesn't mean outsourcing, it's a community. Depending on what facilities you build, people will seize them to grow personally. Building up a relationship ensures mutual prosperity for both. Because the business grows as the people involved.
Crypt2GO

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:16:37 AM

There is, it was with Crowdcreate (www.crowdcreate.us). That company starts first with Kickstarter and Indiegogo, and right now they had jumped in the crypto industry through ICO's. Heard they are not just pushing the community to grow, as well as building a community for the investors. Maybe that's why most of the ICO that they handled had been sold out.
RhBjK

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:30:55 AM

But Kickstarter + Crypto = ICO
Need to be careful with choosing project especially now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: