Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:51:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: best exchanger  (Read 718 times)
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:59:56 AM

There are more choices every day now. But you may want to think about legal protection by choosing a licensed exchange in your country. If there is a problem with scamming or just incompetence you will have legal recourse and could even take them to court. If using an unlicensed exchange based in a remote location it is highly unlikely you will be able to do anything about their actions.

This is the one of the main issues. There are a lot of scammy, fly-by-night exchanges, and they are structured in ways to prevent you from seeking recourse against them.

As far as reputable and licensed exchanges go, I'd suggest Coinbase/GDAX, Gemini, and Bitstamp. Unfortunately, though, lower market cap altcoins (or really, any altcoins besides ETH, LTC and XRP), are only available on unlicensed exchanges like Bittrex, Poloniex and Bitfinex. If you use those exchanges, you should minimize the time your funds are on the exchange. Deposit, trade, and withdraw.
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:27:19 PM

I rather use localbitcoin because it is more reliable and easy to use also the Yobit, convenient to the users like us. But it depends on its own features which everyone differs. So I guess the best exchangers just be the best if it fits your need.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:21:58 PM

I rather use localbitcoin because it is more reliable and easy to use also the Yobit, convenient to the users like us. But it depends on its own features which everyone differs. So I guess the best exchangers just be the best if it fits your need.

LocalBitcoins is getting harder to use. I've noticed that a lot of the cash-for-BTC sellers have disappeared, and that most larger traders are now asking for ID in order to trade. It seems like (at least here in the USA) that there has been pressure on LBC traders from the government to comply with MSB and AML/KYC laws.

I haven't used Yobit myself, as I've heard mixed reviews, and they don't seem to have great English support. But it seems that most of the altcoin exchanges are getting a lot of complaints these days, with Poloniex and Bittrex topping the list.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:58:36 PM

I haven't used Yobit myself, as I've heard mixed reviews, and they don't seem to have great English support. But it seems that most of the altcoin exchanges are getting a lot of complaints these days, with Poloniex and Bittrex topping the list.
Yobit fits in the category of hobby exchanges that are purely being operated as a fun project ~ there is nothing serious about this exchange, and that shows in their volumes.

The far majority of the people making use of Yobit, are noobs chasing certain altcoins that other exchanges aren't willing to list. It also requires zero verification, which nowadays is becoming increasingly uncommon.

Obviously, there is nothing wrong with this exchange being operational since there is definitely demand for it, but people should accept the risks of certain things that potentially could happen with that exchange.

Poloniex is losing shine, but it's still far better than Yobit will ever be. Bittrex on the other hand, is the real winner in the last months ~ it gained a huge load of ex Poloniex and BTC-E users.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
algorithmcode (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:18:29 AM

I didn't thnik large is the best after  Mt Gox and BTC-e get trouble.  The finally result is : people lost their money(almost completely).
so What is the characteristic of a best exchange?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: