Bitcoin Forum
December 10, 2016, 03:35:16 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction and help with an error  (Read 537 times)
winnp

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:04:43 PM

First, an introduction:

I must have been living under a rock for the last few years (that rock is known as finishing law school and starting my career as a lawyer while also starting a family), because until the Mt.Gox incident earlier this week, I had never even heard of Bitcoin.  Now that I know about it, I love the idea, and would like to do everything I can to help it succeed.

Now for the technical support:

So I just installed the official Bitcoin client on my computer, which is running Windows XP (Pro SP3), and it has a force-close error every time Bitcoin attempts to launch.  Here's a screenshot of the error report dialog Windows gives me:

http://me.winnphillips.com/bitcoin.error.png

I tried uninstalling, deleting the installer, deleting the directory, downloading the installer again, and reinstalling.  Same error.  What's going on here?

Edit: In case it wasn't clear, that's the screenshot after I clicked on the "see what data this error report contains" with the standard Windows "has encountered an error and needs to close" dialog.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
drawoc

Activity: 168

Firstbits: 175wn

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:59:18 PM

Try installing this:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5555
Hopefully that will make it work. (It's a shot in the dark, so I don't know if it'll help or not)

Donate: 175WNXmJ1WVhFgVGKUqEhYtAQGRYAvqPA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.