Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:19:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Spectrecoin (XSPEC) more private than Monero (XMR)?  (Read 1561 times)
harvw (OP)

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:00:39 PM

Monero has stolen the headlines recently as it has been announced that it will be added to the Bithumb exchange in South Korea which boasts the largest trading volume of any exchange in the world at the moment.

However, there is a smaller player in town which appears to be far more private than Monero and therefore a serious contender in the race to be the most private coin in cryptocurrency. Riccardo himself has even responded to questions about Spectrecoin and the comparisons that have been drawn with Monero.

In summary, XMR provides no network privacy, whereas XSPEC runs entirely within the TOR network, using OBFS4 where necessary to provide connectivity even in countries that actually block Tor (Iran, China, Saudi, etc)

Tor is not even optional for XSPEC users, it's actually integrated into the wallet and so the wallet itself, produces a hidden service, and all communication happens within Tor.

This is truly groundbreaking and innovation at its best.

See the infographic (via twitter) below comparing XSPEC with all of its privacy counterparts:
https://twitter.com/harv_w16/status/897133723774316544

Currently it is only being traded on Cryptopia and some other smaller exchanges but surely it's only a matter of time before it is added to even larger exchanges as it becomes more widely known throughout the community.

Share your comments!

The beginning of a new era.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gyro

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:36:26 PM

XSPEC is a copy of forknote right? Its anonymity is less than Monero since they have implemented RingCT and now on the horizon is an even better anonymity system. On top of that monero is implementing additional ip obfuscation like tor. So... no.

That's why xspec is only traded on cryptopia. Your dev should have paid for a bittrex listing in the least since he had an ICO..

Sure its a good coin to speculate on but it will never be better than Monero.
harvw (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:49:20 PM

XSPEC is a copy of forknote right? Its anonymity is less than Monero since they have implemented RingCT and now on the horizon is an even better anonymity system. On top of that monero is implementing additional ip obfuscation like tor. So... no.

That's why xspec is only traded on cryptopia. Your dev should have paid for a bittrex listing in the least since he had an ICO..

This is not correct. It is not a copy of forknote.

Spectrecoin have also implemented ring signatures and as I already mentioned XSPEC runs entirely within the TOR network, using OBFS4 to provide connectivity even in countries that actually block Tor. This is obviously something that Monero is not currently capable of doing, hence the reason why they are currently trying to come up with a solution to implement ip obfuscation.

The ICO hardly hardly raised any funds due to the very little marketing that the coin has had. The dev chose the path of organic growth instead and clearly this seems to be working...

sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:52:34 PM

Your tech argument is just wrong and this is a fork of Shadowcash which is clearly all into Spectre.

We had the 4th most successful ICO of all time by ROI, Bittrex has nothing to do with that.

Moreno doesn't work in TOR blocked regions, where as XSPEC you can stake in TOR blocked regions: Iran, Iraq, China, UAE to name a few. This happened after the recent v 1.3 update.

XMR uses POW - very outdated and inefficient to Specters POSv3 - which AGAIN, actually works in TOR blocked Networks and is being implemented into mobile staking - certainly no cryptocurrency offers this feature.

How can you a compare a coin which works globally to one that doesn't?

This is a truly anonymous global currency with a whole lot of freedom and equality.

Spectrecoin is a great coin to speculate, Monero has established its marketcap, Spectrecoin is a fetus in the marketcap and will likely double/triple in value as we have seen this week already. Monero had a great 50% rise the other day, Spectre had a 100% rise.

I wholeheartedly disagree with your tech argument as it is simply incorrect, and therefore the validity of your conclusion. To say Spectrecoin will never be better then Monero is very ignorant for someone who has clearly done no research.

I take pride in this coin, as does this community.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:53:33 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 10:17:02 PM by c789

Spectrecoin has a rich list: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/#!rich (copy this URL since it's leaving off the 'rich' part)

Any coin's balance and transactions can be seen on their blockchain. That's not private at all.

Hiding the IP address is only one part of being private. Even with Bitcoin an IP address can be hidden via TOR or even just going to the Starbucks' wifi. In order to be private, the blockchain must be private and transactions must be private at the protocol level by default. That's Monero. You can use I2P or TOR with Monero, and soon Monero will have I2P baked in (Kovri).

Here's Monero's Rich List: https://moneroblocks.info/richlist  I don't want to spoil it but there's a surprise.

It's much, much better to just use Monero, and it can be done over TOR and I2P.

EDIT: Spectrecoin is analogous to Verge in this comparison of privacy-centric coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
harvw (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:18:58 PM

Spectrecoin has a rich list: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/#!rich (copy this URL since it's leaving off the 'rich' part)

Any coin's balance and transactions can be seen on their blockchain. That's not private at all.

Hiding the IP address is only one part of being private. Even with Bitcoin an IP address can be hidden via TOR or even just going to the Starbucks' wifi. In order to be private, the blockchain must be private and transactions must be private at the protocol level by default. That's Monero. You can use I2P or TOR with Monero, and soon Monero will have I2P baked in (Kovri).

Here's Monero's Rich List: https://moneroblocks.info/richlist  I don't want to spoil it but there's a surprise.

It's much, much better to just use Monero, and it can be done over TOR and I2P.

Here's a comparison of some privacy-centric coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php

I definitely take your point about the rich list but this could easily be discounted if Spectre users with the largest balances simply just decided to split their balances between multiple addresses. Additionally, this is a feature that could still be rolled out it in an update if the community decided it was important enough to implement.

However, transactions are completely anonymous with Spectre because the XSPEC client wallet actually runs on the TOR network whereas Monero requires you to activate a TOR connection and therefore does not hide your participation in the network. Furthermore, this would prevent users from being able to transact in Monero using a TOR connection within TOR blocked countries.

Please review the comparison between XMR and XSPEC here:
https://twitter.com/harv_w16/status/897133723774316544

I agree that Monero is still an awesome privacy coin but it cannot be denied that finally it appears to have a serious competitor.

c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:32:36 PM

However, transactions are completely anonymous with Spectre because the XSPEC client wallet actually runs on the TOR network whereas Monero requires you to activate a TOR connection and therefore does not hide your participation in the network. Furthermore, this would prevent users from being able to transact in Monero using a TOR connection within TOR blocked countries.

But those transactions aren't 'completely anonymous.' They're traceable. See this screenshot on address Sgxb3cantjzYQYGhAwsNitpFPEkuweDzkw which shows its transactions:

http://imgur.com/a/IdOR4

The fact that the IP address was hidden via TOR doesn't make Spectrecoin a good alternative because almost any coin can be run over TOR, or a VPN, or Starbucks wifi...but the details of the transaction are still public.

IMO Monero is still very undervalued so it's not too late to get in Smiley

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
sirsplashalot

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:54:56 PM

But those transactions aren't 'completely anonymous.' They're traceable. See this screenshot on address Sgxb3cantjzYQYGhAwsNitpFPEkuweDzkw which shows its transactions:

The fact that the IP address was hidden via TOR doesn't make Spectrecoin a good alternative because almost any coin can be run over TOR, or a VPN, or Starbucks wifi...but the details of the transaction are still public.

Did you miss the part where our blockchain is an estimate and experimental? I have an address on that richlist which is not the accurate figure as to what I have in my wallet. Its that anonymous, and that hard to keep track of the supply. 

Can you explain to me how I am supposed to use my Monero in the TOR blocked regions I visit? We are not all from the West.

This is a boarder-less global monetary system subject to equality. Monero CANNOT provide us with that.

Monero is a dinosaur, as is anyone whom believes POW is superior to POS. 

Monero is truely deflationary and cannot produce static inflation to parallel population growth and account for lost supply/wallets.

Ill argue this all day.

Spectrecoin > Monero.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
harvw (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:57:34 PM

This is not a 'stealth' address which is what is used to privately hold spectrecoin balances that cannot be traced. If you had a XSPEC wallet you would have known this.

I'll repeat myself once again, the 'in' TOR wallet connection means that no one will even know that you are using XSPEC at all whereas the mere requirement of a TOR activation by the likes of Monero and other privacy coins means that you will not being able to transact in Monero using TOR within TOR blocked countries.

Trust me, I am a fan of Monero because I am a fan of innovation. This is the same reason why I'm also a fan of Spectrecoin and what they are currently doing to take privacy to the next level.

CTTE

Activity: 227

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:55:14 PM

Wow! Stupidity knows no bounds!  Cheesy

If you can track transactions on the block chain, it doesn't matter if you hide your IP... eventually you'll be tracked down.  That's why Monero got the protocol level obfuscation done right first, and adding I2P with Kovri is coming next.

The hype doesn't match the reality... Sorry.
turbulence

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:28:15 AM

thread backfired Shocked time to sell your xspec

███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
        ▄▄███████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████████
 ████████   ▀██████████▀▄▄▀███████         ███          ███       ▐█▌     █████████████   █████████▄       ███     ███       ███
█████████     ▀████████ ▀▀ ████████        ████        ████       ███     ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄     ███      ███     ███
█████████  █▄   ▀█▀  ███  █████████        █████      █████      █████         ███        ███      ▀██▌    ███       ███▄ ▄███
█████████  ███▄     ▄███  █████████        ██████    ██████     ██▌ ▐██        ███        ███       ██▌    ███        ███████
█████████  ███▀ ▄█▄ ▀███  █████████        ███▀███▄▄███▀███    ███   ███       ███        ███     ▄███     ███        ███████
█████████  ███  ███  ███  █████████        ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███     ███      ███        ███    ████      ███       ███▀ ▀███
 ███████ ▄▄ ██  ▀█▀  ███  ████████         ███    ▀▀    ███  ███       ███     ███        ███     ▀███     ███      ███     ███
  ██████▄▀▀▄███▄   ▄████  ███████          ███          ███  ██         ██     ███        ███       ███    ███     ███       ███
      ███████████████████████
        ▀▀███████████████▀▀

The Intelligent Blockchain
▬▬  Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  ICO: January 16th

ANN  News  Scene  Showcase
██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██
Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram

███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
      ███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:34:57 AM

@harvw. There is no comparison with your cryptocoin and Monero. Monero is very ahead of everyone when it comes to privacy and anonymity. They also have one of the best development teams in the cryptospace. I do not reckon your coin has a development team as good as the Monero lead developers.

The other anonymous cryptocoin that will be 2nd behind Monero will be Aeon when it is finished with the code rebase. Aeon's lead developer is smooth, he is also one of the best lead developers of Monero.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
sirsplashalot

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:58:34 AM

@harvw. There is no comparison with your cryptocoin and Monero. Monero is very ahead of everyone when it comes to privacy and anonymity. They also have one of the best development teams in the cryptospace. I do not reckon your coin has a development team as good as the Monero lead developers.

The other anonymous cryptocoin that will be 2nd behind Monero will be Aeon when it is finished with the code rebase. Aeon's lead developer is smooth, he is also one of the best lead developers of Monero.

You just made an argument without one single supporting fact, and then shilled a shitcoin. As did the Deep Onion Coward above you whom clearly can only afford airdrops. The poster above the other guy doesn't know the difference between a public and stealth address and also just made another invalid argument.

This is very frustrating arguing with a bunch narrow minded biased shillers whom cannot be bothered to do RESEARCH.

I know for a fact this coin will go off, and I will continue to pump my large salary into this project.

CTTE

Activity: 227

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:44:31 AM

You just made an argument without one single supporting fact, and then shilled a shitcoin. As did the Deep Onion Coward above you whom clearly can only afford airdrops. The poster above the other guy doesn't know the difference between a public and stealth address and also just made another invalid argument.

This is very frustrating arguing with a bunch narrow minded biased shillers whom cannot be bothered to do RESEARCH.

I know for a fact this coin will go off, and I will continue to pump my large salary into this project.
Pump being the operative word... go ahead, but may I suggest that next time you compare it against something a little more realistic? Because Monero is way out of your league!
harvw (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:41:37 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 09:04:13 AM by harvw

Wow! Stupidity knows no bounds!  Cheesy

If you can track transactions on the block chain, it doesn't matter if you hide your IP... eventually you'll be tracked down.  That's why Monero got the protocol level obfuscation done right first, and adding I2P with Kovri is coming next.

The hype doesn't match the reality... Sorry.

As sirsplashalot already explained the block chain you are referring to isn't even accurate lol!

Furthermore, even if transactions could be traced this doesn't mean that YOU will be traced and eventually identified. However, without IP obfuscation you can be!

I give up...

Don't say you were not informed...

harvw (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:44:47 AM

thread backfired Shocked time to sell your xspec

Smart people with proper comprehension skills will understand the value of XSPEC...

sirsplashalot

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:38:17 AM

Pump being the operative word... go ahead, but may I suggest that next time you compare it against something a little more realistic? Because Monero is way out of your league!
e

Your argument was simply incorrect on the facts you provided as you failed to understand how Spectrecoin works.
Ill stick to my league thanks.
Cheers.

moonlight

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:52:38 AM

I expect great things from XSPEC.... great coin and massively undervalued in my opinion. In 2018 we will see great things from XSPEC!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: