Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:58:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: World Coin Confusion  (Read 1229 times)
Hydroponica (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:31:33 AM

So, um, if it has already been proven that people are willing to pay a certain price, than why sell for less than that? And if there's a sell order for .03 WDC, why the hell would you bother undercutting that?

sor.rge

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:37:36 AM

Because you want to sell faster than the 0.03 guy. Perhaps you expect the price to drop very soon.
Hydroponica (OP)

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:50:27 AM

I saw someone mention an upcoming blockchain problem with WDC. Anyone know any details on that?

daytrader420

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:36:08 AM

I saw someone mention an upcoming blockchain problem with WDC. Anyone know any details on that?
Just that their 15 second target blocks, is a little ridiculous. I thought ChinaCoin was ridiculous with their 1 minute blocks. But world-coin outdid them here.

Having such short timeframe for blocks creates a lot of inconsistencies, and keeps difficulty lower than it should be.. For a block found in 15 seconds, it may not even get broadcast to the whole network before the next 15 seconds are up. I'm not sure but it could be why there was a major alt-pool which ran on a dead blockchain for 300 blocks in a row on WDC. I think ultimately the fact that they chose such a short block time signifies they had no idea what they were doing in making their alt, and it will inevitably be the end for the coin in the long run. But, enjoy it today, while its reigning #1 on coinchoose.com.

Smiley
clint25n

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:06:19 AM

Just that their 15 second target blocks, is a little ridiculous. I thought ChinaCoin was ridiculous with their 1 minute blocks. But world-coin outdid them here.

Having such short timeframe for blocks creates a lot of inconsistencies, and keeps difficulty lower than it should be.. For a block found in 15 seconds, it may not even get broadcast to the whole network before the next 15 seconds are up. I'm not sure but it could be why there was a major alt-pool which ran on a dead blockchain for 300 blocks in a row on WDC. I think ultimately the fact that they chose such a short block time signifies they had no idea what they were doing in making their alt, and it will inevitably be the end for the coin in the long run. But, enjoy it today, while its reigning #1 on coinchoose.com.

If it has a marketplace and vendor that accept it, it won't matter how frustrated on overwhelming number of miners are.
If infrastructure is built, demand will rise.
For all we know, the Dev could have intended on discouraging too many miners from mining then dumping the WDC network.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:09:04 AM

If it has a marketplace and vendor that accept it, it won't matter how frustrated on overwhelming number of miners are.
For all we know, the Dev could have intended on discouraging too many miners from mining then dumping the WDC network.

a coin needs to withstand the pump and dump long enough to establish a commerce infrastructure.  only then will it have staying power.  these coins are like infants learning now to walk.  they will fall down over and over again until they figure it out.
daytrader420

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:11:33 AM

I would be very skeptical on accepting or using a coin network which is forked often from orphans, that can lead to double spend attacks.
That's a big risk for merchants/vendors.

Smiley
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:16:37 AM

a coin needs to withstand the pump and dump long enough to establish a commerce infrastructure.  only then will it have staying power.  these coins are like infants learning now to walk.  they will fall down over and over again until they figure it out.

I like the analogy but sadly unlike infants, a lot of these alt coins will never figure it out.

-tb-

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: