Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:22:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Transaction Time  (Read 2917 times)
Tywill (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 01:36:48 AM

I have noticed my bitcoin transactions are taking longer and longer to process, could this be a perpetuating issue? How practical would it be to use a currency that takes a day to process a transaction? Or am I just way of base here?
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:27:09 AM

I have noticed my bitcoin transactions are taking longer and longer to process, could this be a perpetuating issue? How practical would it be to use a currency that takes a day to process a transaction? Or am I just way of base here?
Do yoy pay transaction fees?

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:01:07 AM

If you don't pay fees is like doing autostop... You need to wait until someone wants to take you free  Wink
Tywill (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 02:21:04 AM

yes there was a transaction fee 0.005 BTC
BTCnewbie

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:45:25 PM

Who earns the transaction fees? Someone is coining it with these fees.
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:47:13 PM

Who earns the transaction fees? Someone is coining it with these fees.

Miners.

You must be new.

Cheesy

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 09:38:21 PM

use Litecoins, its faster ;-)

Tywill (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 04:26:19 AM

using WDC now, they are faster than BTC or LTC
yocko06

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

1Kgyk4nQSzb3Pm9E9vWiGVyJ6jpPwripKf

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:31:08 AM

litecoin conformations might be faster but they are less secure. make no difference
Tywill (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:03:19 AM

litecoin conformations might be faster but they are less secure. make no difference

which is why BTC will be the backbone of the cryptocurrency market for a very long time
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:48:06 AM

more laughs about bitcoin.

even with fee's they arnt guaranteed into thenext available block. and the fee's a majority of the time dont reach the miners.. but instead its the mining pool owner that keep the fee's, along with his few percent payout of each worker. and his own mining rigs eating out a few chances of miners getting more shares.

the sooner people realise there is more profit in trading (retail profit of selling products) compared to mining the better.

there is too much emphsise that the only profit in bitcoin is in mining, which is then crippling miners profitability, to then require larger fee's just to get transactions through...

in reality it should be that
50% of people are business men opening bitcoin shops to sell useful products and services.
10% of people playing the markets.
30% of people using bitcoin to buy things.*
10% miners.

then no fee's would be required as the 25btc would be more then enough reward for miners and every transaction will be processed ASAP.

but in reality it IS:(guessing based on the 'feel' of the community)
5% bitcoin businessmen
45% playing the market
49% mining
1% buying things*

*(obviously everyone would be buying stuff, but i narrowed it down as outsiders that have no intention to run businesses or mine)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
raze

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:09:40 AM

5% bitcoin businessmen
45% playing the market
49% mining
1% buying things*

*(obviously everyone would be buying stuff, but i narrowed it down as outsiders that have no intention to run businesses or mine)

I think most people are just too scared to spend their coins for fear of regretting it later, and I don't blame them.

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 08:11:30 AM

I think most people are just too scared to spend their coins for fear of regretting it later, and I don't blame them.

While I definitely plan on holding onto my coins for some time (and have been since late 2011 for some of them), I would *love* to pay things in Bitcoins whenever I have the opportunity.  Unfortunately so far for me there hasn't been that opportunity yet with things I want to buy.

What I would do when I spend some coins is just buy them back at an exchange at/around the time of me spending them, whenever I want to hold on to them.  That way, I can completely decouple my holding position in Bitcoins from using them as a currency.  For the latter, the market rate doesn't really matter at all, and as long as the price does not swing *too* much in the minutes to hours I need after the purchase to get back to a computer and buy the coins.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
raze

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:06:40 AM

While I definitely plan on holding onto my coins for some time (and have been since late 2011 for some of them), I would *love* to pay things in Bitcoins whenever I have the opportunity.  Unfortunately so far for me there hasn't been that opportunity yet with things I want to buy.

What I would do when I spend some coins is just buy them back at an exchange at/around the time of me spending them, whenever I want to hold on to them.  That way, I can completely decouple my holding position in Bitcoins from using them as a currency.  For the latter, the market rate doesn't really matter at all, and as long as the price does not swing *too* much in the minutes to hours I need after the purchase to get back to a computer and buy the coins.

I'd do this, except the exchange rate for me is the market price +9% (because I'm Australian). I don't fancy paying an extra 9% for every purchase, things are already expensive enough around here Sad

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:17:40 AM

more laughs about bitcoin.

even with fee's they arnt guaranteed into thenext available block. and the fee's a majority of the time dont reach the miners.. but instead its the mining pool owner that keep the fee's, along with his few percent payout of each worker. and his own mining rigs eating out a few chances of miners getting more shares.

the sooner people realise there is more profit in trading (retail profit of selling products) compared to mining the better.

there is too much emphsise that the only profit in bitcoin is in mining, which is then crippling miners profitability, to then require larger fee's just to get transactions through...

in reality it should be that
50% of people are business men opening bitcoin shops to sell useful products and services.
10% of people playing the markets.
30% of people using bitcoin to buy things.*
10% miners.

then no fee's would be required as the 25btc would be more then enough reward for miners and every transaction will be processed ASAP.

5% bitcoin businessmen
45% playing the market
49% mining
1% buying things*

Why do you keep writing "fee's" when the correct plural form is "fees", i.e without the apostrophe. I've been seeing people write "fee's" for a while now and it has bugged me, there is NO apostrophe betwee "fee" and "s". This "fee's" word is cancerous to grammar.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:53:14 AM

When are the fee's due for your english lesson ?

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:40:04 PM

1F Y0U C4N UND3R574ND 7H1S M3554G3 7H3N Y0U 4R3 5M4R7 3N0U9H 70 R34L153 7H47 GR4MM4R 15 N07 4 L3G4L R3QU1R3M3N7 0N 4 F0RUM.

as long as the message gets across that is the main point. these forums are suppose to be a social form of communication not a legal written document that requires perfection. being a grammar nazi is not smart. its anti social.

i in business, write with the queens proper english, but when im on these forums i just write whatever is on my mind and get it on paper (forum post) as fast as i can.

i do business where i help people out financially and i have to admit when i see a real life business plan, i do check for spelling and grammar to see how much effort the client has put into the plan, to see how much he cares about the image he as a professional projects.

but when it comes to these forums i have given out investments to people with bad grammar, purely on the bases that their plan was sound enough.

this is my free time so being perfect does not mean anything especially when my real name is not franky1. its not harming my real life professional image.

i would say writing a business plan on here professionally with alot of thought, detail and time to prepare does earn you merit points. but certainly not a legal requirement.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
suryc

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:28:35 PM

Is there anywhere that one could find statistics for how long transaction processing is currently taking as a function of the fee?

I found this: https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-confirmation-time
But, it is just an average time to confirm for all transactions. I would be curious to see something like this that incorporated various transaction fees. Say, if you wanted to get an idea of how much of a difference it makes if you have a transaction fee of .01 vs. .001 vs. nothing.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
seanneko

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:57:10 AM

I've been waiting 3 hours now and my transaction still hasn't even appeared on blockchain.info, let alone had any confirmations...

Waste of a 0.0001 transaction fee. Should've just sent it for free and saved my money.
btctraderr

Activity: 120

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 11:12:33 AM

You people realise unless you send BTC from a client yourself, if you rely on a company or someone else to actually send the BTC you have to wait until they actually do it and the moment they do it will be on the blockchain. Clicking Withdraw with some website and your coins not arriving ontime is not a problem with bitcoin but a problem with the website or the company you are using.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: