Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:53:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DOGE's Price  (Read 411 times)
fakedark (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:21:12 AM

Over years, bitcoin's price is skyrocketing to the moon, but why DOGE's price is never about 1 cent. Anyone tell me why?
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:28:37 AM

Over years, bitcoin's price is skyrocketing to the moon, but why DOGE's price is never about 1 cent. Anyone tell me why?

bitcoin current supply: 16.5 million
Dogecoin current supply: 110,700.3 million

bitcoin total supply: 21 million
Dogecoin total supply: no cap or infinity

bitcoin purpose: to be a peer to peer digital cash
Dogecoin purpose: be a joke

bitcoin real world usage: a currency adopted by hundreds of thousands of merchants
Dogecoin real world usage: nothing apart from some tipping, some fun images of dogs and some random websites created to be fun and sell some stuff.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1358

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:10:42 PM

BitcoinHodler basically told you why it never mooned.
Anyways dogecoin is actually not so bad. It is cheap fast coin. I feel like having some of it won't hurt your wallet. Its one of the oldest coins ever as I know.
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:12:35 PM

This funny thing is while DOGE may have been started as a joke it was one of the more impactful communities I had ever seen. They sponsored so many things including a bobsled team for the Olympics and a NASCAR for several races. So sure it was originally a joke but it was certainly one of the biggest shining examples of how great cyrpto currencies can be. I sure do miss it and I hope it comes back into focus one day.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
Pasutinmeur

Activity: 302
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:17:16 PM

A meme coin will not have serious development and the dev already run away from this coin and move to another coin. You should be talked with yourself about why are you still trying to keep your dogecoin? Just throw all of your doge in the market and move to another coin.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
prabakharras

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:40:50 PM

with more intersting story to sell to investors using ethereum token.
meme coin is going to be a hard sell these days, no catalyst to propel it forward unfortunately https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/dogecoin/btc
i still have some doges

ceremonita

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:33:44 PM

It has 6x times more total coin supply than bitcoin. And the story of the existence of doge coin is just garbage. I don't even know how its price is not zero satoshi. It has no function, nothing. Just a clone of bitcoin, copy paste.
Melissa95

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:37:11 PM

That's Dogecoin's problem. They have no strategy to attract investors and few people care
MiriamWeston

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:41:28 PM

Dogecoin's rise can only thanks to China pump market
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:51:47 PM

BitcoinHodler explanations is an eye opener to those who still believing with this coin I guess aside from fast and low transaction fee there's no other offers that will attract any investors and any businesses to use this project and until now its been discuss if swap was needed to lessen the coins circulations.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀