Bitcoin Forum
September 09, 2024, 04:15:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Localbitcoins incoming fee???  (Read 340 times)
ekoice (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:35:35 PM

Hi today,i sent 0.008 btc from my electrum wallet to my localbitcoins wallet.I was shocked to see that they have mentioned that 0.00073669 BTC would be charged as incoming fee for just 0.008 btc.I didn't understand why they charge for an incoming transaction.Could they justify it by any way?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 3327

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:11:36 PM

Hi today,i sent 0.008 btc from my electrum wallet to my localbitcoins wallet.I was shocked to see that they have mentioned that 0.00073669 BTC would be charged as incoming fee for just 0.008 btc.I didn't understand why they charge for an incoming transaction.Could they justify it by any way?

It is going to cost them money to send the bitcoins you sent them so they are trying to cover those costs.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 06:45:06 PM

They explained on the first page all about their reasons. You know they do need funding to support the site and pay for hosting and the domains and the server and support team. It must come from somewhere. Nothing is free in this life remember that. Also localbitcoins are a great exchange for BTC to Fiat or vice versa.

MinMan

Activity: 618
Merit: 154

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:13:20 AM

I used to think I was the only one that noticed the outrageous prices that these people charge just for receiving money into your wallet, but then I got to know that they use the fees to support the company like hosting, servers and other stuff.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:58:09 AM

I used to think I was the only one that noticed the outrageous prices that these people charge just for receiving money into your wallet, but then I got to know that they use the fees to support the company like hosting, servers and other stuff.

Nope. Each bitcoin input contributes to a higher transaction size, therefore a higher transaction fee.

Localbitcoins were able to manage to treat all incoming transactions the same because transaction fees were a lot smaller, but as they got bigger the sending fees got much bigger and people started to complain a lot about it.

It actually makes more logical sense than charging everything on the sender from localbitcoins wallet, as it discourages people from sending dust that will only contribute to a higher transaction fee. So the fees are actually split now between the sender from LBC and the receiver to LBC, instead of just sender bearing everything.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 883

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 10:03:52 AM

Nope. Each bitcoin input contributes to a higher transaction size, therefore a higher transaction fee.

Localbitcoins were able to manage to treat all incoming transactions the same because transaction fees were a lot smaller, but as they got bigger the sending fees got much bigger and people started to complain a lot about it.

It actually makes more logical sense than charging everything on the sender from localbitcoins wallet, as it discourages people from sending dust that will only contribute to a higher transaction fee. So the fees are actually split now between the sender from LBC and the receiver to LBC, instead of just sender bearing everything.

Yes, this is exactly why they did it, it's designed to reduce the incoming dust transactions. I guess some people abused it as a dust collector. They did clearly warn in advance that they were going to introduce the fee so nobody can really complain.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:52:17 AM

I just noticed that these guys charge fees that are just not fixed and depends on how the network is crowded or busy, I noticed that the transaction fees for localbitcoins keep fluctuating depending on how long the transaction queues on the network.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: