Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:18:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: use Bitcoin to buy other cryptocurrencies ?  (Read 1478 times)
Cryptoticker (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 03:18:59 PM

the question is in the title. Is it possible?
thanhswp

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:58:06 PM

What a newbie question !!!
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:27:41 PM

That's truly a newbie question, During the starting days of knowing about trading I too had the same thinking, whether it's possible to buy other cryptocurrencies with bitcoin. Later on explored more about the different trading pairs and in specific bitcoin to altcoin was much preferred by pro traders.
andrearz

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:28:51 PM

Why not? Now bitcoin is very much in the interest of people around the world. Someday it's possible that everybody chooses bitcoin as an alternative to purchase.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:35:46 PM

Yes it is possible when using a Bitcoin exchange, such as Bittrex, Kraken, Poloniex etc. The majority of altcoins can only be bought with Bitcoin.
It is also possible to exchange altcoins directly without having to buy Bitcoin by using https://shapeshift.io/.
MANCRYPTOS

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 04:37:57 PM

Hi are seriously asking this, are you new only this forum or crypto world too? because all other cryptocurrencies are connected with bitcoin, and yes of course it is possible to buy other cryptocurrencies via bitcoin Good luck

MetalGear

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:41:03 PM

Yes. we can use bitcoin for buying cryptocurrency. All most all of cryptocurrrency has BTC/ALT pair.so bitcoin is mostly used to buy for cryptocurrency. I also use bitcoin for buy crypto currency.
Actually, you can use your bitcoin to buy some cryptocurrency on online market. In addition to that, some cryptocurrency and asset has bitcoin and altcoin pair. However, the  mostly used to buy coin or altcoin is bitcoin because you pay it easily. Lastly, I also use bitcoin to buy some coin on online market.
CarlIIG

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:49:31 PM

Of course you can but if you wanna make profit you should carefully when choosing which coin will you buy cause somtime when you use your bitcoin to buy any other cryptocurrencies the price of that coin going down really quickly right after you bought it Smiley). It always happen to me when I start trading Smiley).
0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 04:56:24 PM

Yes of course. Trading is an example of buying altcoins with your BTC. You can also hold altcoins and buy them with BTC. Just like others I also collect altcoins using Coinomi wallet app it has simple feature that can exchange your BTC into other coins. Since I have received BTC payments from signature campaigns I had converted it into ETH and BCH. I tried my luck on altcoins but seems so hard to predict.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
FasTroy

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:14:08 PM

Of course you can buy other cryptocurrencies by using your bitcoin. There's a lot of method to do that, you can just go to an exchanger and change your btc to any other cryptocurrency or you can just make a deal with anyone here.

_Dawid_

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:29:02 PM

It is NOT fake, you can easy buy ( i'm pretty sure) any currency you find in coinmarketcap.

Example of use:

1)4110$ -change-> 1BTC            [ FIAT currency for crypto ]

2)then you can easy trade in poloniex, bittrex or kraken to buy other crypto

3)1BTC -change-> 13 733 XEM    [BTC for NEM].   

4)then you can hold, or trade

But remember that you can lost your money, so maybe better for the first time don't start with a huge amount of money. Watch few tutorials on YT  and try/ask here. Good luck!

Laergan

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:31:48 PM

BTC is the one of the only few ways to buy other cryptocurrencies. I think this is why it will keep going up as more ICOs are released and gain popularity.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 05:41:53 PM

Yes, and in fact, Bitcoin is the only option for international users to buy alt-coins from the specific exchange.

I am using Bitcoin to buy alt-coins because it usually takes more sum of amount for me if I am using my debit/credit card to make the same purchase from same exchange. You just have to trade BTC with ALT on any exchange and it is less time consuming than converting Bitcoins to any fiat currency (in a bank or as a cash).
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:49:37 PM

I think this feature in bitcoin can be considered a basic. Most users use bitcoin for trading on the stock exchange. There are certainly those who earn only on that buys and sells bitcoin during spikes, but it's complicated. Bitcoin still has not become a full-fledged currency.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:57:04 PM

yes, it is possible and we call it altcoin trading noob. no offence but you should first research for the answers you want or just try to find that did anyone else has ever asked the same questions you are asking. if yes then continue on those topics and by the way crypto currency trading has more risk than Bitcoin trading because they are more volatile than btc.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:06:22 PM

That's truly a newbie question, During the starting days of knowing about trading I too had the same thinking, whether it's possible to buy other cryptocurrencies with bitcoin. Later on explored more about the different trading pairs and in specific bitcoin to altcoin was much preferred by pro traders.
Why dony you read and figure out how the world of crypto
works before coming here and displaying your ignorance, which
is quite comical.  But you're probably not a noob but an alt account
creating a topic so other alts can crap in it.
st0nefish

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:20:59 PM

Of course we use it. Bitcoin can be exchanged with other altcoins in many altcoins trade sites.
My most preferred site is https://poloniex.com/

A lot of people are using this site. But it is not right to rely entirely on these sites. In the past we have experienced negative examples of this.
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:32:27 PM

Actually, I use bitcoin to buy cryptocurrency on online market and using bitcoin is only option to buy cryptocurrency. Futhermore, most of trader use bitcoin to buy altcoin and if you buy some altcoin I think the best way to do is to hold it because there is possibility that you could earn much income and bitcoin.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:06:09 PM

Yes. Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency and on the most exchanges most pairs include BTC. If for some reason you won't be able to buy the crypto  that you need for btc then you can exchange it to fiat or any  other crypto that is tradable for what you need.
laxinternational

Activity: 124

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:14:40 PM

I'm not sure if you're asking this question seriously, but the reason why Exchange platforms exist is exactly the answer of your question. You can make cross transactions and trades on exchanges. You don't even need bitcoin, erhereum is also functional like bitcoin on trading when buying other alts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: