Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:33:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: StopNTrade.com - The future of Bitcoin trading.  (Read 2766 times)
pippipcheerio (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:13:01 PM

So I have made a website that will be the future of Bitcoin trading. One of our most marketed features is the Trader's Card. Pretty much you receive a card that you can put as your signature. In the future, we may hand out actual plastic cards.

What's the point?
Well the card is pretty much proof that you are trustworthy, if you scam once. Then your card will be removed. The price for applying for a card is 0.05BTC. This is to help pay for hosting fees, and domain fees. Below you can see a picture of a fake card.

http://i.min.us/iTKU0.png

Process
Once you apply, you will be background checked, then emailed. The email will tell you if you have been denied, or accepted. If you are accepted, it will show a brand new Bitcoin address that you can send the $0.05 to. Please note that cards last only 1 year! Then you must re-verify your self.

How to Apply
Go to: StopNTrade.com
Click on the Register tab. Then register on our forum. Go to the Trade tab and click the Apply for a Trader's Card and follow the steps on that thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
done

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:15:36 PM

good luck with your venture
pippipcheerio (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:16:29 PM

Thank you. We are still kind of in beta, just to see how this goes.
ene

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:19:07 PM

How do I prevent somebody else from using my card? How can I check somebody with a card is the correct person who owns the card?

How do I complain about somebody to get their card revoked?

Roll Eyes
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 06:23:40 PM

Its gonna be tough for you to find out if all claims of people about certain scammers are valid or not.
Maybe one or two a day you can handle.
But what if this number rises?

Hire more people to find out how and what?

I suggest you enhance your design btw to make your service more trust worthy to begin with.

Good luck.

EDIT:
Also, to directly claim that your idea is the future of something this young, is not the way to promote your service.

pippipcheerio (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:29:34 PM

You have your own code on your code. People will soon be able to look up the code (as I said, we are still in beta) and then the code must match your Bitcoin Forum username. If not, it's their fault for not looking it up.

We plan to hire more people in the future, my business partner and I will currently be handling whatever we can. I have a few close friends that would love to do this type of stuff. So if we did need to go behind 2 people, then we would be fine.

Could you recommend a new "slogan" for us?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:35:48 PM

How will you know who is telling the truth?

Whose card will you revoke in the following situation:
- Seller sells video card to buyer for 10 BTC.
- Buyer sends 10 BTC
- Seller sends shipment
- Buyer claims box just had a brick in it, and takes picture of brick in box

Who is scamming who?  It could be either one.  For all you know, the buyer could have removed the video card from the box after receiving it, and put their own brick inside, then took a picture.
tito13kfm

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:36:39 PM

You may call us a middleman, but we are more of a resource. Whenever you need to find out how much feedback the person your buying from has, you can use us.

/sigh
trout

Activity: 333
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:46:10 PM

StopNTrade went live on 21/06/2011 and from this day on the site has gained great business experience, and reputation.

Starting with fake statements about reputation is a great way to gain reputation.
pippipcheerio (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:52:56 PM

StopNTrade went live on 21/06/2011 and from this day on the site has gained great business experience, and reputation.

Starting with fake statements about reputation is a great way to gain reputation.

What else should I have put? I don't feel like editing it in the future, so I'm leaving it like that.
pippipcheerio (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:54:15 PM

- Buyer sends 10 BTC
- Seller sends shipment

Who is scamming who?  It could be either one.  For all you know, the buyer could have removed the video card from the box after receiving it, and put their own brick inside, then took a picture.

We would freeze both cards, and begin an investigation. Thus resolving in one, or both of them have their card removed.
cothoms

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:55:12 PM

A background check? 
pippipcheerio (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:56:27 PM

A background check? 

Yes, to make sure you don't have any recent scam reports, or aren't a criminal.
pippipcheerio (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:01:09 PM

Thank you everybody for all the feedback, I will assure we try to add as many features as we can. I'm thinking of getting rid of the forum, and integrating our very own system.

cothoms

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 08:08:10 PM

A background check? 

I should've been more specific:  what kind of background check will you perform?  Sounds expensive on your end if you want any sort of legitimacy to your results.  If you are just doing a quick check, it adds very little value.
pippipcheerio (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 08:23:54 PM

A background check? 

I should've been more specific:  what kind of background check will you perform?  Sounds expensive on your end if you want any sort of legitimacy to your results.  If you are just doing a quick check, it adds very little value.

We do the same check that companies do when they hire employees. It's not very expensive on our end, since we have a provider who does this.
tito13kfm

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 08:26:03 PM

A background check? 

We do the same check that companies do when they hire employees. It's not very expensive on our end, since we have a provider who does this.

So you'll require my SSN?

Yeah.. I don't think so.
cothoms

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 08:46:34 PM

People like the anonymity of BTC.  Be careful about scaring away your potential clients. 
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 09:03:25 PM

- Buyer sends 10 BTC
- Seller sends shipment

We would freeze both cards, and begin an investigation. Thus resolving in one, or both of them have their card removed.
So if I paid $10 for a background check to get my card, and the first thing I ship out, the buyer tries to scam me out of because they claim I shipped them a brick, then it's likely I'll get my card taken away because there is no way I can prove that I actually shipped out a video card.
pippipcheerio (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 09:33:12 PM

A background check? 

So you'll require my SSN?

Yeah.. I don't think so.

We don't use that type of system, it's more of just a name check.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: