Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:19:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: StopNTrade.com - The future of Bitcoin trading.  (Read 2766 times)
pippipcheerio (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 09:34:17 PM

How will you know who is telling the truth?

Whose card will you revoke in the following situation:
- Seller sells video card to buyer for 10 BTC.
- Buyer sends 10 BTC
- Seller sends shipment
- Buyer claims box just had a brick in it, and takes picture of brick in box

Who is scamming who?  It could be either one.  For all you know, the buyer could have removed the video card from the box after receiving it, and put their own brick inside, then took a picture.

We would freeze both cards, and begin an investigation. Thus resolving in one, or both of them have their card removed.
So if I paid $10 for a background check to get my card, and the first thing I ship out, the buyer tries to scam me out of because they claim I shipped them a brick, then it's likely I'll get my card taken away because there is no way I can prove that I actually shipped out a video card.

Again, we will begin an investigation. The investigation will result in your card being frozen, and until the investigation is complete, neither of you are scammers.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 10:05:23 PM

- Buyer sends 10 BTC
- Seller sends shipment

Who is scamming who?  It could be either one.  For all you know, the buyer could have removed the video card from the box after receiving it, and put their own brick inside, then took a picture.

We would freeze both cards, and begin an investigation. Thus resolving in one, or both of them have their card removed.
So if I paid $10 for a background check to get my card, and the first thing I ship out, the buyer tries to scam me out of because they claim I shipped them a brick, then it's likely I'll get my card taken away because there is no way I can prove that I actually shipped out a video card.

Again, we will begin an investigation. The investigation will result in your card being frozen, and until the investigation is complete, neither of you are scammers.
But what I am saying is, there can and never will be a completion of said investigation.  It is impossible for you to know which side is telling the truth.  You can investigate all you want, but you'll never know whether I put the brick in the box or whether the person I sold it to did.

So you'll freeze both cards indefinitely?
pippipcheerio (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 10:26:28 PM

- Buyer sends 10 BTC
- Seller sends shipment

But what I am saying is, there can and never will be a completion of said investigation.  It is impossible for you to know which side is telling the truth.  You can investigate all you want, but you'll never know whether I put the brick in the box or whether the person I sold it to did.

So you'll freeze both cards indefinitely?

In this type of situation, we will just go with the seller. Since A) The bitcoins aren't actual cash in your hand and B) The buyer should look at recent trades with that person.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 12:39:45 AM

Fair enough, thanks for the answer.
pippipcheerio (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:42:27 AM

No problem, do you have an idea of how we can improve our investigation system from a customer's point of view.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:43:46 AM

No problem, do you have an idea of how we can improve our investigation system from a customer's point of view.
I don't have any suggestions on that front, no.  Conflict resolution is always a difficult thing to try and arbitrate.  That's why I simply prefer to let people leave feedback for each other.
bitcredit

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 08:31:48 AM

StopNTrade went live on 21/06/2011 and from this day on the site has gained great business experience, and reputation.

Starting with fake statements about reputation is a great way to gain reputation.

What else should I have put? I don't feel like editing it in the future, so I'm leaving it like that.

Thanks for the laughs. Maybe there's a market for Bitcoin comedy.
pippipcheerio (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 02:15:00 AM

StopNTrade went live on 21/06/2011 and from this day on the site has gained great business experience, and reputation.

Starting with fake statements about reputation is a great way to gain reputation.

What else should I have put? I don't feel like editing it in the future, so I'm leaving it like that.

Thanks for the laughs. Maybe there's a market for Bitcoin comedy.

Thanks for the idea! Now donate, lol's are free: 165ZmqBtzJLMVAKqNumtFZ9RnEQcRr4Pkf
qed

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 12:00:01 AM

A background check? 

Yes, to make sure you don't have any recent scam reports, or aren't a criminal.

From a nickname?  Huh

Mobile App (Android)

Monitor miners, exchange rates and Bitcoin network stats.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: