Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:05:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining at a company with proxy server  (Read 489 times)
silver310 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:04:21 AM

Hello everyone, new to this forum.
I wanted to get some advice, i'm working in a big company, and of course we have a proxy server that blocks certain traffic like torrent and websites with harmful software.
I tried mining on one rig via GUIMiner and CGMiner but i can't connect to the pool server, it seems something is blocking it (my guess the proxy server?)
I was able to connect my tether my phone via usb and mine that way, but i can't leave my phone here all day long.

So is there a way to hide or bypass the proxy? and if there is a way, can it be detected, my only concern is not to draw any attention, don't want anyone to think i'm sending any sensitive data.

Any advice would be great.
cixelsyddyslexic

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:08:58 AM

With a standard pool, you are going to have to use a VPN service in order to tunnel that traffic where you want. That would be sending encrypted traffic, though. The other option I can think of off the top of my head would be to run a p2pool node but set it up to respond on a port that you ARE permitted access to. This won't help you if they are doing protocol inspection, as it will just drop the traffic as not being "really" Web/whatever traffic. Just the first thing that springs to mind Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: