Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:46:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Betcoin.ag scams $10's of thousands in rakeback  (Read 637 times)
ungod (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:53:45 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 08:04:50 PM by ungod

As some of you may be aware, a major affiliate (xiaoxiao) for this site was ousted due to a large, founded, scam accusation. The scam involved a rakeback service, and involved delaying payments with various fabricated excuses while xiaoxiao gambled away all his players funds.

There was a backlash and calls for answers directed at Betcoin. Betcoin then outlined a so-called solution to make affected players whole up until a certain point (5/7). The solution involved using players generated rake from 5/8 forward to pay for the owed moneys up until 5/7. Betcoin made a couple payments and then proceeded to ignore players requests for updates in the designated forum for several months, meanwhile affected players continued to re-rake the moneys owed to them without receiving payments. The forum can be found here https://www.betcoin.ag/xiao-rakeback-update-thread

After months of ignoring requests for answers on the thread, some time in the last 24 hours, affected player __ACTl0NNNN spoke out in the thread. __ACTl0NNNN has been around the bitcoin poker community for a very long time, and is widely known to be one of the, if not the, highest stakes and highest rake volume players there is. He claims to have not received a single payment, and to have been disregarded in support tickets.
https://i.gyazo.com/e84aff8d4a92f6c8c67544141c4c0743.png
Finally, Betcoin breaks it's silence, and made several deflective comments in the thread, all seemingly with the theme that this is not their problem any longer, and nothing more will be paid. Update: Betcoin now says definitively there will be no more money paid.https://i.gyazo.com/e1825cc729d14f5081caf829946cd157.png

Seems like a clearcut scam. Betcoin told their players they would be repaid money based on future rake. Betcoin then strung them along for a few months while they kept all the rake they were paying, not too dissimilar from the scam xiaoxiao pulled originally.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Here4Trades

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:20:48 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 01:11:31 AM by Here4Trades

Amazing how naive looks like these who used their software and didn't notice any of the scam that site was running. Glad you post another scam accusation against them I mean, they profit a lot and still scam players ? Whats going on ? That's not how business are made.  I would like to recommen btckings (check below my avatar for the rakeback link) is a site growing who has a very good rakeback offer and process cashouts within 24hs. Sorry this happenin to the betcoin.ag communty but what were you guys expecting in LONG TERM ?
game-protect

Activity: 1344
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:41:47 PM

If someone plays at the publicly proven betcoin.ag scam, he gets what he deserves!
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:17:43 PM

I agree with gameprotect betcoin has scam accusations opened against them from more than a yeat now and they haven't given any response to it. As far as I'm aware there are many other gambling sites out there with more reputation then why do you gamblers always gamble on a scam site and sometimes complain of getting scammed.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:47:33 AM

Betcoin.ag has had problems like this before. They paid a guy 50 BTC to silence him instead of paying what he should have been paid out, which was 1k+ bitcoins(the user was no doubt intimidated into accepting the deal imo).

Whenever there is ambiguity as to what should be done according to their rules, Betcoin.ag takes advantages of their users. This is filthy, scummy behaviour. I would argue even worse than xiaoxiao who ran this thing at first, as he probably lost the money on betcoin.ag, and betcoin.ag clearly had more than enough to pay everyone back without having a big dent in their pay.

Don't play there unless you are expecting to lose all your coins anyways.
winbig777

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:03:51 PM

It is being made right. Nobody is perfect, everybody makes mistakes.

Never had a problem cashing out, etc, anything here
kagami_

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

MWEdFS1Fkmq6nA5Zz6QsbULXCC15bv1qR4

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 06:19:02 PM

wow this is bullshit. this guy scammed me out of hundreds or thousands of dollars, easy. especially because i was playing back when BTC was much, much cheaper and thus he kept a lot more chips.

This makes me sick. He kept giving me the runaround and I basically assumed this was going to happen but it's still bullshit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: