Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:03:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your split between altcoins and btc  (Read 494 times)
Dullmartini (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:55:37 PM

I think I need to pick a strategy to invest a bit every month. Right now, about 40% of my portfolio is btc and the rest is split between 5 different coins. I don't have a reason for this split. I'm still pretty new at this so My holdings are pretty small still. So I'm wondering what % do you split between btc and alts and why you picked that split?
mmhaimhai

Activity: 532
Merit: 257

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:06:56 PM

I have more of btc in cryptocurrency assets maybe around 80-90% and rest are split in eth and 4etherium tokens which I am waiting to pump. Im planning to invest in 2 ico currently live now so would add on my eth tokens collections.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:21:59 PM

It depends on the time and what is happening to bitcoin and altcoins. But there is always a minimum amount of BTC that my BTC should always be more than that. Now I prefer to invest in altcoins if I want to invest fiat in cryptocurrencies as the bitcoin price is stable.
RedNovember

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:18:35 PM

For me it's 95% in alt coins I feel like alt coins rise more rapidly that bitcoin. Did not see it coming, the nearly 100% rise of bitcoin recently
zeroarmy

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:27:02 PM

Same here... I hold about 95% in altcoins cause I missed the big train  Wink

pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:29:19 AM

I think I need to pick a strategy to invest a bit every month. Right now, about 40% of my portfolio is btc and the rest is split between 5 different coins. I don't have a reason for this split. I'm still pretty new at this so My holdings are pretty small still. So I'm wondering what % do you split between btc and alts and why you picked that split?
It actually depends on the price of bitcoin and altcoins. If bitcoin is rising up then most of your holdings should be in btc and if altcoins are rising up then most of your holdings should be in altcoins. We should keep checking the price of cons regularly and on a daily basis. The major factor that should be kept in mind while splitting is how long you are going to hold a particular coin. If its long term then bitcoins should be the preference and if short term then we could check the coin if it has the potential to rise up in near future.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:12:29 AM

I try to maintain my portfolio in this manner, 50% BTC and 50% consists of Alt coins. The % change from time to time. Sometimes, I will use BTC from the 50% to buy some good ICOs.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:18:02 AM

It used to be 50-70% bitcoin but since the alts have risen tremendously this year, it has shifted consideraby.

Its more like 10% bitcoin to 90% alts right now.
PancongStreet

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:29:59 AM

I'm hold about 90% Altcoin and 10%bitcoin, because too late to know bitcoin. And I'm new about cryptocurrency and need more learn.

Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:48:13 AM

I'm hold about 90% Altcoin and 10%bitcoin, because too late to know bitcoin. And I'm new about cryptocurrency and need more learn.

Probably on 60-40 for in favour of btc because te only altcoin that i have and had traded was doge eth bcc monero and Ltc. Especially in the early yeArs where doge coin and Ltc were the 2nd 3rd inline that i was aware of until eth made a whole lot of ruckus when it had a good platform and there it started many altcoins base on its platform. Most of my earnings are in btc so btc is highest for me.
PancongStreet

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:21:10 AM

Probably on 60-40 for in favour of btc because te only altcoin that i have and had traded was doge eth bcc monero and Ltc. Especially in the early yeArs where doge coin and Ltc were the 2nd 3rd inline that i was aware of until eth made a whole lot of ruckus when it had a good platform and there it started many altcoins base on its platform. Most of my earnings are in btc so btc is highest for me.
Thank you for your experience, maybe i will also learn a lot about it.
What exchange can receive usd to cryptocurrency?

sulendra12

Activity: 2856
Merit: 526

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:32:37 AM

I have around 60% on Bitcoin and 30% altcoin, why I reserved 30% for altcoin because it's possible your coin get dumped and your coin value is dropped. I reserved 30% on altcoin also I only afford 30% to lose when something worse happened.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: