Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:39:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Spectrecoin (XSPEC) the next NEO?  (Read 649 times)
harvw (OP)

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:05:01 PM

Spectrecoin has been rising up the ranks in terms of trading volume on Cryptopia. A lot of the trading volume appears to be coming from the Far East and in closely monitoring the slack channel it has become clear that some members of the community, specifically from China, have already highlighted the need and use case for XSPEC given its wallet's ability to hide users' participation in the TOR network and thus enable users within TOR blocked countries (such as China and Iran) to utilise the anonymous network for value transfer purposes.

Spectrecoin, as like NEO, uses the energy-efficient Proof of Stake algorithm instead of Proof of Work and given that its current core userbase appears to be from China, this is leading me to speculate that Spectrecoin may well become the next best performing altcoin.

Now I must caveat this assumption with the statement that as far as I am aware, Spectrecoin does not have the support of the Chinese Government (for obvious reasons) and so this may be a major hurdle to it being able to outperform NEO. However if we look closely compare the ROI since ICO between the two coins it is clear that Spectrecoin is not very far behind:

https://icostats.com/

Furthermore, XSPEC has only 1/5th of the coin supply that NEO has (~1/2 in circulation) and if its core user base currently exists in Asia then surely it is only a matter of time before major exchanges in Asia begin to take notice of this coin. Thus the case for XSPEC potentially becoming the next NEO appears more and more plausible.

The beginning of a new era.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
harvw (OP)

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:21:29 PM

I dont know why but while reading your post, it felt like i was reading an ad.

Also NEO doesnt use PoS but dBFT.

Thanks for the correction.

I've been told this before but it's really just my writing style.

The beginning of a new era.
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:22:17 AM

I continue to push this coin because its the only coin I have been able to stake regions of the middle east. Nothing else to do until people just adapt it. So I appreciate the ad! I know some people don't but I don't see networks changing anytime soon.

So go lightly on those who need it please.

Go Spectrecoin!

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: