Bitcoin Forum
September 04, 2024, 03:38:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with mining with ati radeon hd 5770!!  (Read 1094 times)
doken1313 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:05:23 AM

Hello I an mining bitcoins for about 3 months now. I have a problem with phoenix miner and my ati card.
Mining to a windows 7 x86 machine with guiminer or rpcminer-opencl is just fine but I get a speed of about 100MH/s (max) which is good but as I read on the forum and google, my card is capable of about double hashrate.
Well I cant make that happen for any reason. I've also read that phoenix miner is the ideal miner for my ati, but i can't get this to work at all as I am getting an error :

"Failed to apply BFI_INT patch to kernel! Is BFI_INT supported on this hardware?"

Can someone please help me with that?

I have the latest ati drivers for my graphics card. Please someone who knows about this help me with that. I've spend hours of reading and searching but I can't make this work.
Thanks in advance.
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:49:07 AM

Hi. I'm mining on two 5750's which when overclocked mine at 155 and 185 MH/s. So I agree 100 MH/s on a 5770 sounds underperforming.

On guiminer using poclbm make sure to add the extra flags "-v" and "-w 128". If that card is NOT your primary device (the card to which your monitor is connected) or you don't want to work on that computer while mining you can also use the flag "-f 1" for a little extra speed.

Next step is overclocking the card, which is easy and quite safe nowadays. I am using MSI afterburner for that. First step in afterburner is to have afterburner control your fan speed and then setup a nice temp/speed curve so that your card get's cooled apropriatly. Then you overclock the GPU clock and underclock the Mem clock speed. You have to lookup what are safe values withot changing voltages for your card.

doken1313 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:02:49 PM

Thanks for the advice mate. Today all day I am trying to fix this. Why is this so complicated? I can't even open ati catalyst control center!! It gives an error and as i read I have to uninstall all drivers & net framework from pc and reinstall using a specific order. Right now I am doing this so I'll post results to help other newbies having same issues like me. What about the phoenix miner and this error?
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:14:01 PM

That looks like you're trying to run a linux version of phoenix miner on windows.

Also I've tested all the miners and in my view it simply is a matter of taste. Ultimately they all can be tweaked to deliver the same hashrate.

Since you are on windows and obviously not quite techsavy I suggest to stick with guiminer and use MSI afterburner for the overclocking stuff. That's the most convenient and foolproof way there is in my view.

As far as that catalyst stuff goes: I get that bullshit everytime I upgrade my drivers. And this is the same since two years. I've filed countless support tickets with AMD/ATI aswell as posted at their support forums and they can't come up with a failsafe installer. So rest asured you're not the only one having to wipe all signs of the Catalyst Package for a reinstall time and time again. At least they have recently released a cleaning tool that does reliably remove everything so you don't need drivercleaner anymore.

blueblade123

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:38:43 PM

Yeah, I get 200mhz on my 5770 oc to 925 MHz. I use cgminer though. Not sure of the problem.
doken1313 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:07:29 PM

That looks like you're trying to run a linux version of phoenix miner on windows.

How is this possible to run a linux version of phoenix miner on windows. I am running an .exe file, definitely a windows version of the phoenix miner.

As about the drivers, well I only have to say that Ati sucks and that is really tragic that you must reformat your pc if a driver fails to install at the first time. I removed them with every tool you may imagine, safe mode, I have almost tried everything but in msi afterburner still no driver version, even if my drivers are installed. AMD Vision control center, still doesn't want to open, Removed and installed all net frameworks from the beginning but still no luck.

Just for the record I am a network engineer and right now studying computer science (1st year on university) so I would say that I am not a tech savvy :p, but to these things this is definitely my first time.

So can please someone instruct me in 3-4 simple steps, for windows 7 x86 and with ati radeon hd 5770 what to do to get the maximum hashrate for mining bitcoins!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: