Bitcoin Forum
July 21, 2024, 12:06:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I think this is proof ripple will ultimately compete with  (Read 1995 times)
Ares (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:53:03 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2013, 07:42:45 PM by Ares

Edit: People are missing my point, I know this guy is an independent troll (and an extremely poor one) and unaffiliated with the ripple company.

TL;DR: There are already people with incentives to promote XRP over Bitcoin, and once ripple is big enough, the creators can, and will, just stop dealing with Bitcoin altogether and promote XRP as the new BTC. They only ever used BTC to get the ball rolling.

So by the time many of you read this, the threads will probably all have been deleted, but there is a spammer right now making threads about the fed about to announce a worldwide bitcoin seizure and other random FUD across all the forums here, all while promoting ripple.

He probably wasn't told by ripple to do this, so ask yourself, why would someone want to demote bitcoin but promote ripple if they are truly complementary? What benefit would this bring to the spammer?

Right now, yes, ripple and bitcoin can coexist just fine and even help eachother. But ripple is simply a parasite using bitcoin as a host. They need some way to get the ball rolling, and bitcoin is their ticket. Then, once popular enough, they will come out and say "it just makes more sense to use XRP instead of Bitcoin" and detach.

Then Bitcoin will once again be back to square one for trying to steer the public away from a centralized currency, meanwhile the ripple employees are rich as all hell from holding half of all the XRP.

Even misterbigg (one of the most relentless ripple shills here) admitted to this in his thread:
then maybe in some distant future Ripple could be a competitor to Bitcoin

For those interested, I snagged a quote from the aforementioned spammer:

ATTENTION:

THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, THE FEDERAL RESERVE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND THE UNITED STATES TREASURY HAVE RAIDED MORE THAN A DOZEN KEY BITCOIN INDIVIDUALS AND IS ABOUT TO ANNOUNCE A FULL SCALE BITCOIN CONFISCATION FOR MONEY LAUNDERING

BITCOINS CAN COTAIN "SILK ROAD TAINT" IF YOUR BITCOIN INPUTS HAS BEING IN A TRANSACTION SENT TO THE SILK ROAD. MONEY LAUNDERING CHARGES ARE BEING PROSECUTION, THEYMOS HAS SIGNED A PLEA BARGAIN. THE SEIZURE WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THE NEXT FEDERAL RESERVE MEETING, SIMILAR TO THE CLOSURE OF THE GOLD WINDOW.

RIPPLE IS NOT AFFECTED

But, as always, i'm open to being proven wrong. Just please read my post carefully and understand that I believe ripple's goal is to replace bitcoin IN THE FUTURE once it's on its feet, so spare me the arguments of how it can help out bitcoin in the present.

lexxus

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:54:12 AM

rafety58 == TradeFortress  Cheesy
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:55:26 AM

rafety58 == TradeFortress  Cheesy

+1

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Impaler

Activity: 826

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:57:12 AM

This is absurd, while the guy your talking about is clearly a troll, your trying to not only construe some kind of pro-Ripple intent to that Troll but also make a broad brush attack on ALL of ripple?  Do you seriously think the people behind Ripple would be tipping their hand is such a clownish manor even if they had this kind of motive?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
lexxus

Activity: 309

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:59:20 AM

This is absurd, while the guy your talking about is clearly a troll, your trying to not only construe some kind of pro-Ripple intent to that Troll but also make a broad brush attack on ALL of ripple?  Do you seriously think the people behind Ripple would be tipping their hand is such a clownish manor even if they had this kind of motive?

This is exactly anti-Ripple troll...
Ares (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:00:37 AM

This reply is absurd.

Trying to construe some pro-ripple intent?

Read the quote I put in the OP from him. It ends in "Ripple not affected!" Ya you're right, he's probably promoting litecoin.

Do you seriously think the people behind Ripple would be tipping their hand is such a clownish manor even if they had this kind of motive?

Once again, did you even read the OP? I clearly stated that ripple probably didn't tell this guy to do it. In fact, that's one of the premises of my argument, that there are independent people trying to push XRP over bitcoin already so there must be a motive (XRP as a currency).
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:08:47 AM

It is such a laughably bad attempt that the only thing it proves is there are just as many idiots in ripple as there are in bitcoin.
Ares (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:16:36 AM

It is such a laughably bad attempt that the only thing it proves is there are just as many idiots in ripple as there are in bitcoin.

please re-read the OP
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 11:14:40 AM

LOL I missed this, "THE FEDERAL RESERVE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" Cheesy

I don't see how this benefits ripple at all.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 11:49:49 AM

they will eat each other , just like they claim/plan all the "alts" will do to LTC, truth is LTC isn't even important , BTC has bigger issues in my opinion , and Ripple is a DOA.

soooo?

when they are both gone nibble will still be around(in a form). funny that.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 11:52:07 AM

LOL I missed this, "THE FEDERAL RESERVE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" Cheesy

I don't see how this benefits ripple at all.

wow.

just wow, that's the big scare ?

you know what they say in Russia "don't be in the USA" .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
GSnak

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:01:34 PM

THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, THE FEDERAL RESERVE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND THE UNITED STATES TREASURY HAVE RAIDED MORE THAN A DOZEN KEY BITCOIN INDIVIDUALS AND IS ABOUT TO ANNOUNCE A FULL SCALE BITCOIN CONFISCATION FOR MONEY LAUNDERING

This is true, kids. The Man just came to my house, told me to put my wallet.dat on a floppy, and walked out with it. Sad
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:11:47 PM

This is true, kids. The Man just came to my house, told me to put my wallet.dat on a floppy, and walked out with it. Sad

without a password?

GSnak

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:13:08 PM

I was waterboarded.
e521

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:40:31 PM

In a floppy? right..

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:20:12 PM

Don't copy that floppy!
BazkieBumpercar

Activity: 415

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:42:05 PM

haha this thread is hilarious Cheesy

also, ripple :')
1Peter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:45:00 PM

I was waterboarded.
Lol..
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:50:12 PM

Ripple to END bitcoin? ha ha, whatever you are smoking. Just stop it. That's probably the single dumbest thing I have read on this board. And I have 'seen some shit' go down.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:51:39 PM

Edit: People are missing my point, I know this guy is an independent troll (and an extremely poor one).

TL;DR: There are already people with incentives to promote XRP over Bitcoin, and once ripple is big enough, the creators can, and will, just stop dealing with Bitcoin altogether and promote XRP as the new BTC. They only ever used BTC to get the ball rolling.

So by the time many of you read this, the threads will probably all have been deleted, but there is a spammer right now making threads about the fed about to announce a worldwide bitcoin seizure and other random FUD across all the forums here, all while promoting ripple.

He probably wasn't told by ripple to do this, so ask yourself, why would someone want to demote bitcoin but promote ripple if they are truly complementary? What benefit would this bring to the spammer?

Right now, yes, ripple and bitcoin can coexist just fine and even help eachother. But ripple is simply a parasite using bitcoin as a host. They need some way to get the ball rolling, and bitcoin is their ticket. Then, once popular enough, they will come out and say "it just makes more sense to use XRP instead of Bitcoin" and detach.

Then Bitcoin will once again be back to square one for trying to steer the public away from a centralized currency, meanwhile the ripple employees are rich as all hell from holding half of all the XRP.

Even misterbigg (one of the most relentless ripple shills here) admitted to this in his thread:
then maybe in some distant future Ripple could be a competitor to Bitcoin

For those interested, I snagged a quote from the aforementioned spammer:

ATTENTION:

BITCOINS CAN COTAIN "SILK ROAD TAINT" IF YOUR BITCOIN INPUTS HAS BEING IN A TRANSACTION SENT TO THE SILK ROAD. MONEY LAUNDERING CHARGES ARE BEING PROSECUTION, THEYMOS HAS SIGNED A PLEA BARGAIN. THE SEIZURE WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THE NEXT FEDERAL RESERVE MEETING, SIMILAR TO THE CLOSURE OF THE GOLD WINDOW.

RIPPLE IS NOT AFFECTED

But, as always, i'm open to being proven wrong. Just please read my post carefully and understand that I believe ripple's goal is to replace bitcoin IN THE FUTURE once it's on its feet, so spare me the arguments of how it can help out bitcoin in the present.

DAMN! It's the infamous 'ALL CAPS PRESS RELEASE' Sell ALL your BTC to me FAST!   Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes (OP is a tool)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: