Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 01:43:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Review/Guide) BW.com BW-L21, 550 Mh/s, 950W Litecoin (scrypt) ASIC miner  (Read 34677 times)
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 06:14:45 AM

@notey
They have had few different batches with different shipping dates. Which batch did you guys buy?

Mr_Snipes

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 07:36:22 AM

Well, the power supply that was delivered with this miner and is included in this review, was a bad quality one.

I also needed to disassemble the miner, remove the motherboard that has the power connectors, and then send it for lightfoot for repair since he's got the skills and equipment needed for the replacement job.

eww that must smell ugly. I thought most PSUs have circuit-breakers that prevent such a literal meltdown.
How much will the whole repair-operation cost you ?
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:51:51 AM

Well, the power supply that was delivered with this miner and is included in this review, was a bad quality one.

I also needed to disassemble the miner, remove the motherboard that has the power connectors, and then send it for lightfoot for repair since he's got the skills and equipment needed for the replacement job.

eww that must smell ugly. I thought most PSUs have circuit-breakers that prevent such a literal meltdown.
How much will the whole repair-operation cost you ?

I'll report the cost when he has done his magic with it.

jgthree

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:28:55 PM

Notey,

We purchased quite a large quantity from them. I was given a couple of excuses on why they weren't sent out on October 31. I hounded them for tracking and finally received tracking on 11/07/2017. It says multiple packages and the weight its all correct. I am in the same boat as you. It just says "order processed: ready for UPS" Let me know if you get any updates on yours. We were hoping to buy on a monthly basis with Hyperbit since they promised 5-10 day deliveries every month. In their defense they have at least been responsive to my emails, but I gave them a lot of money and would like the products delivered on time!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:59:01 PM

Notey,

We purchased quite a large quantity from them. I was given a couple of excuses on why they weren't sent out on October 31. I hounded them for tracking and finally received tracking on 11/07/2017. It says multiple packages and the weight its all correct. I am in the same boat as you. It just says "order processed: ready for UPS" Let me know if you get any updates on yours. We were hoping to buy on a monthly basis with Hyperbit since they promised 5-10 day deliveries every month. In their defense they have at least been responsive to my emails, but I gave them a lot of money and would like the products delivered on time!

I may be remembering this wrong. But thought these units, YOU had to do shipping? Why
I passed. I’m likely inncorrect, but it nags at me. Just in case FYI.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
jgthree

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:11:30 PM

It included free shipping. I mean they have created the labels for all of our units, but haven't shipped them. It doesn't make sense, and they are blaming a 3rd party logistics company. I hope the tracking updates this week  Undecided
notey

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:16:51 PM

It included free shipping. I mean they have created the labels for all of our units, but haven't shipped them. It doesn't make sense, and they are blaming a 3rd party logistics company. I hope the tracking updates this week  Undecided

Don't know about yours, but our Fed Ex shipment also originates from Chino, California.  The miners are actually shipped from Shenzhen, China - so, not sure about the hoops there.
jgthree

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:22:41 PM

Yes, ours says UPS Ground which I thought was a little odd, considering it's coming from China? I assumed it was being flown in through some cargo company and dispersed to UPS. I could be totally wrong.

I can't see where the label was originated. I mean BW.com had them listed as a reseller so I trusted them. My honest opinion is they are legit, but I think they are being used for a month and then shipped to us. I could be wrong, but that is my gut feeling. I'd like to think I am still going to receive our units.

Out of curiosity, what was the weight of your packages?
notey

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:27:52 PM

Yes, ours says UPS Ground which I thought was a little odd, considering it's coming from China? I assumed it was being flown in through some cargo company and dispersed to UPS. I could be totally wrong.

I can't see where the label was originated. I mean BW.com had them listed as a reseller so I trusted them. My honest opinion is they are legit, but I think they are being used for a month and then shipped to us. I could be wrong, but that is my gut feeling. I'd like to think I am still going to receive our units.

Out of curiosity, what was the weight of your packages?

31.6 pounds for two miners and 2 PSUs (2 units per box).  It seems like they are sending the US miners to the west coast and then into delivery channels from there.  I think we will likely get them.  I just think it's going to be much longer than anticipated.  Please post with any additional details/questions.
jgthree

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:35:37 PM

Well, I just got off of the phone with UPS. Mine originated from Springfield Gardens, NY. My boxes are 26-27lbs a piece, so I'm assuming I'm receiving 2 miners per box. Are you on the east coast or west coast?
notey

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:41:55 PM

Well, I just got off of the phone with UPS. Mine originated from Springfield Gardens, NY. My boxes are 26-27lbs a piece, so I'm assuming I'm receiving 2 miners per box. Are you on the east coast or west coast?
I was told that there were 2 miners per box.  Mine are listed as being a little heavier than yours for some reason.  We are on the east coast, mid-atlantic area.  Your labels originate from NY, no telling where they actually are right now.  I asked for a tracking number that showed the current location of miners, but was never directly answered.  The Hyperbit employee I've been communicating with has had IP addresses from Australia and Seattle Washington.  I've been ordering additional L3+ miners from Bitmain since there isn't  a lot of transparency in this process so far.  I hope it gets better soon.  Like you, I saw that BW was listing them as distributors and that's why we started buying.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:44:15 AM

I was told that there were 2 miners per box.  Mine are listed as being a little heavier than yours for some reason.  We are on the east coast, mid-atlantic area.  Your labels originate from NY, no telling where they actually are right now.  I asked for a tracking number that showed the current location of miners, but was never directly answered.  The Hyperbit employee I've been communicating with has had IP addresses from Australia and Seattle Washington.  I've been ordering additional L3+ miners from Bitmain since there isn't  a lot of transparency in this process so far.  I hope it gets better soon.  Like you, I saw that BW was listing them as distributors and that's why we started buying.

Sounds a lot like as a distributor they got the miners early. Perhaps same time as the OP also
Got his say more or less on his evaluation unit and they have been mining the hell out of them as
The distributor.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:42:26 AM

Sounds a lot like as a distributor they got the miners early. Perhaps same time as the OP also
Got his say more or less on his evaluation unit and they have been mining the hell out of them as
The distributor.
What aggravates me the MOST is that it looks like we will get them around the end of Nov and about the same time as Bitmain would have sent the L3+.  I could have ordered from Bitmain and paid half the cost.  The only reason I ordered these was b/c we were promised fast shipping.  Won't make the same mistake again.

I am very sorry to hear this

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:56:51 PM

I was told that there were 2 miners per box.  Mine are listed as being a little heavier than yours for some reason.  We are on the east coast, mid-atlantic area.  Your labels originate from NY, no telling where they actually are right now.  I asked for a tracking number that showed the current location of miners, but was never directly answered.  The Hyperbit employee I've been communicating with has had IP addresses from Australia and Seattle Washington.  I've been ordering additional L3+ miners from Bitmain since there isn't  a lot of transparency in this process so far.  I hope it gets better soon.  Like you, I saw that BW was listing them as distributors and that's why we started buying.

The distributor.
What aggravates me the MOST is that it looks like we will get them around the end of Nov and about the same time as Bitmain would have sent the L3+.  I could have ordered from Bitmain and paid half the cost.  The only reason I ordered these was b/c we were promised fast shipping.  Won't make the same mistake again.

Just saw this reply on Twitter from @hyperbitshop.  Looks like they are blaming shipping delays.  Called UPS and FedEx who both told us that there were NO current delays. You can't say that you "ship on time" upload a non-working tracking number and then blame the shipping company.  Looks like Hyperbitshop has a lot to learn.  Not only about the shipping process but about their customers, too.
Replying to @razethemaze
Yes, they have, but there are some shipping delays to the USA, due to the time of year. We are doing everything we can to speed things up.

Yep...it takes time to take the miners down after using them for two months....air compress the dust-out.....pack them up with all the proper doc's so it looks unused (damn, where is

that original packing slip)....load them all up and drive them down to UPS and/or fed ex..and as was stated in a previous post... ship them to original customers from N.J. and was it Arizona?

I've no doubt..this is the bottleneck from China to you.....mining trickery.....

HyperBit

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:37:41 PM

Hi everyone

On behalf of Hyperbit, the global distributor for the L21 Litecoin Miner, I would like to acknowledge that a number of USA based customers (7 in total) have been affected by a shipping delay to their recent orders. All other customers for the October 30th shipment have received their L21s.

We have been in regular direct contact with those customers affected to let them know about this and we sincerely apologise for this unfortunate and unforeseen delay. We are doing everything we can to expedite the delivery of the miners they have ordered and will continue to provide direct updates to the customers affected.

If anyone else, other than these 7 customers we have already been in contact with has any queries then please do not hesitate to email me at support@hyperbitshop.io and I will respond immediately.

Best regards
Josh
CEO, Block Assets - owner of Hyperbit
notey

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:47:06 PM

Hi everyone

On behalf of Hyperbit, the global distributor for the L21 Litecoin Miner, I would like to acknowledge that a number of USA based customers (7 in total) have been affected by a shipping delay to their recent orders. All other customers for the October 30th shipment have received their L21s.

We have been in regular direct contact with those customers affected to let them know about this and we sincerely apologise for this unfortunate and unforeseen delay. We are doing everything we can to expedite the delivery of the miners they have ordered and will continue to provide direct updates to the customers affected.

If anyone else, other than these 7 customers we have already been in contact with has any queries then please do not hesitate to email me at support@hyperbitshop.io and I will respond immediately.

Best regards
Josh

Thanks for the update.
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:49:36 AM

Hi everyone

Best regards
Josh

Do you do cash sales in person in nyc?  can we pay in crypto?

notey

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:50:08 PM

I was told that there were 2 miners per box.  Mine are listed as being a little heavier than yours for some reason.  We are on the east coast, mid-atlantic area.  Your labels originate from NY, no telling where they actually are right now.  I asked for a tracking number that showed the current location of miners, but was never directly answered.  The Hyperbit employee I've been communicating with has had IP addresses from Australia and Seattle Washington.  I've been ordering additional L3+ miners from Bitmain since there isn't  a lot of transparency in this process so far.  I hope it gets better soon.  Like you, I saw that BW was listing them as distributors and that's why we started buying.

The distributor.
What aggravates me the MOST is that it looks like we will get them around the end of Nov and about the same time as Bitmain would have sent the L3+.  I could have ordered from Bitmain and paid half the cost.  The only reason I ordered these was b/c we were promised fast shipping.  Won't make the same mistake again.

Just saw this reply on Twitter from @hyperbitshop.  Looks like they are blaming shipping delays.  Called UPS and FedEx who both told us that there were NO current delays. You can't say that you "ship on time" upload a non-working tracking number and then blame the shipping company.  Looks like Hyperbitshop has a lot to learn.  Not only about the shipping process but about their customers, too.
Replying to @razethemaze
Yes, they have, but there are some shipping delays to the USA, due to the time of year. We are doing everything we can to speed things up.

Yep...it takes time to take the miners down after using them for two months....air compress the dust-out.....pack them up with all the proper doc's so it looks unused (damn, where is

that original packing slip)....load them all up and drive them down to UPS and/or fed ex..and as was stated in a previous post... ship them to original customers from N.J. and was it Arizona?

I've no doubt..this is the bottleneck from China to you.....mining trickery.....

Trickery, yes.  We ordered a number of the L21s based on the rapid PROMISED shipping time.  We paid right at $3000 USD each for the miners for batch one, once you figure PSU and shipping costs.  We have been running them for about ten days or so and I wish I had never seen one of these.

Since they were a month late, we had already been losing money on the miners depreciating against scrypt difficulty levels.  Hyperbit did not volunteer to refund shipping for batch one but during the time that our shipment was lost (yes, we could not find them) Hyperbit offered to "compensate" us for the lost mining time.  Ha! Just heard that this warm gesture of customer appreciation will only be extended as a credit against future orders!  The customer service is laughable to say the least.

Once the miners finally arrived, we put them on the rack next to our Bitmain products.  They are so loud that they drown out everything else.  88 decibels on the meter.  If you are putting these in an area where people work, you should provide them with hearing protection for sure. 

Now, we are having hashrate issues.  The other main draw for these miners was the hashrate, advertised as 600 MHs at frequency 684.  They get nowhere close to that.  When I opened the miner interfaces for the first time, it showed that the miners had been hashing for 180 days already.  The dashboard shows 585 MHs but most pools are clocking us below 500 MHs.  There are some hardware or firmware issues that are at play here.

I don't believe that Hyperbit is proactively attempting to address concerns.  Their leader attempts to argue with you instead of problem solve.

That's just my humble opinion after my small fry order of $40,000.
omgcoins

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:22:16 AM

I just received my order today, thankfully it's on time shipment.
I tried to plug it in, only power supply power up (i use power supply that comes with miner), miner itself no light no fan. Am i missing something to power up the miner?
Anyone has this issues? Am i missing something?
Thanks
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 01:47:29 AM

Can you doublecheck that the connections are ok and can you measure if there is a 12V output from the power supply? (you need a multimeter for this)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: