Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:30:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Review/Guide) BW.com BW-L21, 550 Mh/s, 950W Litecoin (scrypt) ASIC miner  (Read 34677 times)
ica7000

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:02:52 AM

notey

Tested for 180 days!!!!

This seems like a new regular thing.  I can't help but feel that some of these companies treat individual customers (and small business customers) like dealers selling to drug addicts.  "you'll get it when I say you get it"  and yes, include the 'stomped down and cut' metaphors for lost time and profits. 
omgcoins

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:11:35 AM

Can you doublecheck that the connections are ok and can you measure if there is a 12V output from the power supply? (you need a multimeter for this)

All connection are good. So, the power supply comes with 10 ports but the miner only have 6 ports, the question is does the port has to plug in in orders? ( i don't know which one to which).
I will get measure it tomorrow when i get one,  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/taj2k3le79a159r/File%20Dec%2010%2C%208%2008%2040%20PM.jpeg?dl=0
Also the PSU input is 180/260V AC, so i have to use 220v right?
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 02:28:51 AM

All connection are good. So, the power supply comes with 10 ports but the miner only have 6 ports, the question is does the port has to plug in in orders? ( i don't know which one to which).
I will get measure it tomorrow when i get one,  

As long as those six ports in the miner are powered, you are ok.
There is no specific connection order for the cables.
And you don't need to worry about spare pci-e power cables.

Also the PSU input is 180/260V AC, so i have to use 220v right?
Yes.

notey

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:01:02 PM

I just received my order today, thankfully it's on time shipment.
I tried to plug it in, only power supply power up (i use power supply that comes with miner), miner itself no light no fan. Am i missing something to power up the miner?
Anyone has this issues? Am i missing something?
Thanks
More simply - make sure that you are using 220V or a voltage that matches the input requirement for the PSU. It sounds like you may be trying to power the PSU with 110V. Hyperbit support was supposed to ask you which voltage you preferred prior to shipping.
omgcoins

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:34:07 PM

I just received my order today, thankfully it's on time shipment.
I tried to plug it in, only power supply power up (i use power supply that comes with miner), miner itself no light no fan. Am i missing something to power up the miner?
Anyone has this issues? Am i missing something?
Thanks
More simply - make sure that you are using 220V or a voltage that matches the input requirement for the PSU. It sounds like you may be trying to power the PSU with 110V. Hyperbit support was supposed to ask you which voltage you preferred prior to shipping.

I tried 110v, i tried 220v, neither works Sad
Would it be some losing cable inside of miner?
When you power up, the miner automatically turn on or you have to hit reset button?
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:05:06 PM

ROFL the price of this asic is just stupid $2500 when bitmains l3+ is 1593 right now, not worth it to buy this bw-l21 asic

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
omgcoins

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:28:38 PM

Damn, turn out my transformer was not working properly on 220v, i used multi reader to verify this, get new one at local shop and working great.
Another question is, since nicehash was hacked. What is best alternative one for ltc pool?
Thanks guys for the help.
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 12:57:01 AM

I used to mine at Nicehash.

I'm now mining at Prohashing.com

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:19:20 AM

to tell you the truth...I'm not sure if www.prohashing.com now is doing any better than www.litecoinpool.org

at 101% payout and no fees.

using this calc (which has 101% built-in) www.litecoinpool.org/calc

With bitconnect no longer a POW coin and everyone piling into LTC...it may be a draw!

I used to make 15% to 20% more a day on prohashing..but them days seem to be gone ....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
notey

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:35:04 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 03:47:12 PM by notey

ROFL the price of this asic is just stupid $2500 when bitmains l3+ is 1593 right now, not worth it to buy this bw-l21 asic

You have to wait a bit for Bitmain, but you're right, the L21s are WAY overpriced for what you get IMHO.  Hyperbit lost our shipment (along with others) and was a month late. So, ordering the high priced L21, really wasn't worth it compared to Bitmain.  At Bitmain recently, we've had orders verified in 15 minutes, shipped before schedule and next day customer service.  At Hyperbit, we were refused compensation (although promised) and/or shipping refund for the month late order unless we ordered again! Lol.
notey

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:40:02 PM

Damn, turn out my transformer was not working properly on 220v, i used multi reader to verify this, get new one at local shop and working great.
Another question is, since nicehash was hacked. What is best alternative one for ltc pool?
Thanks guys for the help.

Consider BW for your L21s
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:50:12 PM

You have to wait a bit for Bitmain, but you're right, the L21s are WAY overpriced for what you get IMHO.  Hyperbit lost our shipment (along with others) and was a month late. So, ordering the high priced L21, really wasn't worth it compared to Bitmain.  At Bitmain recently, we've had orders verified in 15 minutes, shipped before schedule and next day customer service.  At Hyperbit, we were refused compensation (although promised) and/or shipping refund for the month late order unless we ordered again! Lol.

I have had a recent order arrive 1 month earlier than expected from antminer!

notey

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:26:21 PM

Great, isn't it? Hyperbit's view that Bitmain's service is awful seems to be a difficult argument to support, especially when they cannot provide even location information for shipments.
Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:45:40 PM

Great, isn't it? Hyperbit's view that Bitmain's service is awful seems to be a difficult argument to support, especially when they cannot provide even location information for shipments.

I think eventually there will be some competition.. just not today..

notey

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:42:23 PM

The best thing about the L21s is that they run very cool.  There's no adjustment for the fans though.  One speed only and that's about 7,000 RPM.
Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:51:12 AM

The best thing about the L21s is that they run very cool.  There's no adjustment for the fans though.  One speed only and that's about 7,000 RPM.

Is the fan loud?  The l3+ fan is very quiet..

HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 12:54:04 AM

to tell you the truth...I'm not sure if www.prohashing.com now is doing any better than www.litecoinpool.org

With bitconnect no longer a POW coin and everyone piling into LTC...it may be a draw!

I used to make 15% to 20% more a day on prohashing..but them days seem to be gone ....

Yeah it is all changed now that LTC price went up big time.

I might look at my strategy again and go mining LTC.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:19:31 AM

again..the only way to really test this is take an L3+ on each and compare....but too lazy..... Smiley

may have to re-think this as well...still on PH

so if it is oranges and oranges between litecoinpool and prohashing I will likely stay with prohashing...my bet since sept 2017 was ALL

my miners x11 / scrypt-pow all paid out 100% in LTC....damn..I nailed that

what freaks me out about LTC proportionally and historically LTC price to BTC price it could go over 1,000 usd per LTC and still not

break that framework arrangement at 17k btc!

befuddled as usual on what the hell is going on (normal operating procedure last 4 years...you'd think I'd get used to this and adapt!.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:43:43 PM

again..the only way to really test this is take an L3+ on each and compare....but too lazy..... Smiley

so if it is oranges and oranges between litecoinpool and prohashing I will likely stay with prohashing...my bet since sept 2017 was ALL

what freaks me out about LTC proportionally and historically LTC price to BTC price it could go over 1,000 usd per LTC and still not

befuddled as usual on what the hell is going on (normal operating procedure last 4 years...you'd think I'd get used to this and adapt!.

I think you just admitted that you are human Smiley 

Not a terrible thing! 

notey

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:03:23 PM

I think you just admitted that you are human Smiley 

Not a terrible thing! 

I did have a very good experience with the support staff at Hyperbit.  Very helpful and responded via personal email in less than one day.  In running the Bitmain and Hyperbit products side by side, I personally like the L3+ better.  The IP report button, crypto payments and rapid order confirmations, miner interface and availability of online support materials are all big advantages to us.  L-21s are good miners, just somewhat overpriced, led by someone who doesn't understand customer service and lacking some of the comfortable features that Bitmain has.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: