Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:07:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Review/Guide) BW.com BW-L21, 550 Mh/s, 950W Litecoin (scrypt) ASIC miner  (Read 34677 times)
Scourge_of_death

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:29:04 PM

Hi guys, I am joining the post a bit later than intended, but I was wondering if you had any view on the BW-L21 vs. the L3+?

Having read a lot of reviews from (individual) customers, it seems that Bitmain doesn't really spend time with orders for individuals, and only provides proper support for large orders. Is that conclusion correct?

I have come across largely positive reviews for the BW L21s though, so until I saw this thread, I was considering buying from them, because I can justify higher cost if their service and shipping is reliable. Any thoughts would be much appreciated! I am considering spending my savings on this (2k USD is not insignificant).

Thanks!
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:46:56 PM

Hi guys, I am joining the post a bit later than intended, but I was wondering if you had any view on the BW-L21 vs. the L3+?

Having read a lot of reviews from (individual) customers, it seems that Bitmain doesn't really spend time with orders for individuals, and only provides proper support for large orders. Is that conclusion correct?

I have come across largely positive reviews for the BW L21s though, so until I saw this thread, I was considering buying from them, because I can justify higher cost if their service and shipping is reliable. Any thoughts would be much appreciated! I am considering spending my savings on this (2k USD is not insignificant).

Thanks!

I had flawless transactions with bitmain but I did not require any customer service.  I just made my order then paid then waited and the stuff arrived 1 month earlier than stated without and communications needed.  I have not purchased any machines from the other company yet.

omgcoins

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:43:37 PM

I ran the L21 for a week now, so far so good. Hash rate seems to be stable at 480-500 M/s (not 550 as advertised) i'm no sure if the pool affects the hash rate or not ( i'm using litecoin.org ).
It is running very loud which is not considering to let it sit in your house. The miner is running cool ( i guess the high speed fan make it running cool ).
Some people say it's way overpriced but L3+ is $2000 right now at bitmain.com, i'm not sure if this is still true  Grin . Shipment speed and customer service at Hyperbit are ways better than Bitmain too.

I'm trying to mine with other pools to see if the hash rate increase, if so may be i would get few more.
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 10:47:55 PM

What is your hash board frequency setting?

At 684 Mhz it should have about 580 Mh/s hash rate.

omgcoins

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:10:45 PM

It's set at 684 when i received it and i leave it as is, it weird. Is the pool affecting the hashrate or not?
omgcoins

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:20:34 PM

My bad, i checked it from https://www.litecoinpool.org it says lower number than from bw , i'm getting 580 Mh/S on BW.
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 11:30:46 PM

My bad, i checked it from https://www.litecoinpool.org it says lower number than from bw , i'm getting 580 Mh/S on BW.

Ok, great!  Smiley

notey

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:03:01 AM

I ran the L21 for a week now, so far so good. Hash rate seems to be stable at 480-500 M/s (not 550 as advertised) i'm no sure if the pool affects the hash rate or not ( i'm using litecoin.org ).
It is running very loud which is not considering to let it sit in your house. The miner is running cool ( i guess the high speed fan make it running cool ).
Some people say it's way overpriced but L3+ is $2000 right now at bitmain.com, i'm not sure if this is still true  Grin . Shipment speed and customer service at Hyperbit are ways better than Bitmain too.

I'm trying to mine with other pools to see if the hash rate increase, if so may be i would get few more.

We ordered almost $40K in miners from Hyperbit.  They were a month late, promised free shipping (which they never did) and promised to compensate us for the lost time (they never did).  As a result, we ordered 20 L3+ units, paid with BCH, confirmed in a few minutes and shipped early.  Over the last few months, Bitmain has significantly improved their customer service.  I usually get responses to technical questions within 48 hours.  Not so w/Hyperbit (at least for us in general). We show 585 MHs on miner interfaces, but pool data shows low to mid 500s.  VERY loud.  If you have them at home, go with the L3+
bayasaaa

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:44:00 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2017, 06:22:17 AM by bayasaaa

hello , this l21 miner only mining lite coin or ,  mining orther  scrypt  coin  mining,

you have try any coin  scrypt ?
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 01:54:37 AM

BW-L21 is capable of mining any scrypt algorithm based cryptocurrency.

Litecoin is one of those.

I have tried this miner successfully ok in a multipool (Nicehash.com and Prohashing.com).

bayasaaa

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:02:50 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2017, 06:22:46 AM by bayasaaa

you have minnig any coin tsesting ?

i ask  bw.com ,    he say not mining orther coin , only lite ?

HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 02:08:40 AM

I have tried this miner successfully ok in a multipool (Nicehash.com and Prohashing.com).

No offence, but did you actually read my answer?

I'm not going to be all like a parrot here.

bayasaaa

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:16:52 AM

tnx .   Grin  im checking,  if only lite  bad !
omgcoins

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:04:21 AM

May i ask what coins do you mine? I'm currently pull out only about $15/ day on BW.com pool Sad too bad.
floala
Copper Member

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:06:23 PM

I have 91 such miners and im getting day by day more and more disappointed for weeks now.
Lot of details missing, miner freezes, no chance to know which one from looking at the lights, only one firmware update so far, expected for weeks another one but nothing yet.
Lot of restart needed and most of miners need a manual restart (power off / on) to get back. if you are lucky miner runs again for another few hours until it freezes again. In most cases another forced reboot is needed.
Hashrate acceptance is very bad on almost all pools. Even on BW it self.

I hope my post wakes up some of those from BW and HB representatives.

I have sent few times printscreens, videos etc but the reply is: BW team isnt getting the firmware out.

This brings lot of questions for hyperbit, but i will wait few more days, even it is causing is so much damages.
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 06:16:35 PM

@floala
Here are latest instructions that I got a while ago from Hyperbit to upgrade the firmware to a new firmware including a English GUI.
PDF document at my Mega.nz cloud: https://mega.nz/#!VxVUGKgI!7NTQlT6FJuwoo3rkacMDM9ByyUh7mpkOfJq0Bw3OPLQ

It is an easy process when you follow the instructions very carefully.

Would this provide any help to your issue?

omgcoins

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:54:07 AM

Same thing here, after receiving December batch and run for 2 weeks. The unit starting to have problem, it's not hashing (4 led on the back  is off) , i have to turn off then turn on then hit reset button for it to hash again.
I contact hyper bit and they said that BW will release new firmware in 4-5 weeks. Hopefully, they will get rid of this problem soon.
apax

Activity: 71
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:19:09 PM

I have 20 of them stuck in customs asking me for the European  Certificates of Conformity. "LVD 2014-35-UE" and "ROHS 2011-65-EC"

Does any one has that or how did you manage to go through customs?

Antminer S9 & D3
BW L21
MSI RX570 armor
omgcoins

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:32:26 AM

I have 20 of them stuck in customs asking me for the European  Certificates of Conformity. "LVD 2014-35-UE" and "ROHS 2011-65-EC"

Does any one has that or how did you manage to go through customs?

Ask hyperbit, they provide it i guess.
notey

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:58:34 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 07:12:54 PM by notey

I have 91 such miners and im getting day by day more and more disappointed for weeks now.
Lot of details missing, miner freezes, no chance to know which one from looking at the lights, only one firmware update so far, expected for weeks another one but nothing yet.
Lot of restart needed and most of miners need a manual restart (power off / on) to get back. if you are lucky miner runs again for another few hours until it freezes again. In most cases another forced reboot is needed.
Hashrate acceptance is very bad on almost all pools. Even on BW it self.

I hope my post wakes up some of those from BW and HB representatives.

I have sent few times printscreens, videos etc but the reply is: BW team isnt getting the firmware out.

This brings lot of questions for hyperbit, but i will wait few more days, even it is causing is so much damages.

Unfortunately, we all seem to be in the same situation.  I'm having lots of problems with my miners.  The L3+ is MUCH more stable and productive IMHO.  I might add that the BW.com website has now listed the L21s for sale.  I am not sure what the status is of the former distributor, but they are not answering our messages any longer.

When I unpacked my miners, I could see that they had been running for 187 days previous to arrival at my house.  See picture.
https://imgur.com/a/vre7B
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: