Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Review/Guide) BW.com BW-L21, 550 Mh/s, 950W Litecoin (scrypt) ASIC miner  (Read 34677 times)
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:56:43 AM

I have 91 such miners and im getting day by day more and more disappointed for weeks now.
Lot of details missing, miner freezes, no chance to know which one from looking at the lights, only one firmware update so far, expected for weeks another one but nothing yet.
Lot of restart needed and most of miners need a manual restart (power off / on) to get back. if you are lucky miner runs again for another few hours until it freezes again. In most cases another forced reboot is needed.
Hashrate acceptance is very bad on almost all pools. Even on BW it self.

I hope my post wakes up some of those from BW and HB representatives.

I have sent few times printscreens, videos etc but the reply is: BW team isnt getting the firmware out.

This brings lot of questions for hyperbit, but i will wait few more days, even it is causing is so much damages.

Unfortunately, we all seem to be in the same situation.  I'm having lots of problems with my miners.  The L3+ is MUCH more stable and productive IMHO.  I might add that the BW.com website has now listed the L21s for sale.  I am not sure what the status is of the former distributor, but they are not answering our messages any longer.

When I unpacked my miners, I could see that they had been running for 187 days previous to arrival at my house.  See picture.
https://imgur.com/a/vre7B

wow thanks for posting that!  Sorry you had this happen to you!  How dishonorable

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
apax

Activity: 71
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:56:04 PM

The first 2 L21 I bought  before hyperbit are running with no problems, but the pools never reach over 500MHS.

The last batch I got are always freezing and restarting. The dashboard should have a reboot button cause I'm always having to use ssh and
Code:
reboot -f

I dont trust that uptime value since it's. always jumping around

Antminer S9 & D3
BW L21
MSI RX570 armor
Seph213

Activity: 124
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:54:39 PM

The dashboard does show 586mhs but mine can hardly stay above 500 for reported hashrate. I would say it runs between 430-500 , more on the lower end .

Does BW falsely adervtised 540 for their miner to justify the higher price vs bitmain or is it a software issue that they don't even seem to care enough to adress and fix .

I tried sending them an email but i always get a message saying the email could not be delivered

I'm also wondering the legitimacy of OP's review since all we see on his thread is people reporting lower reported hashrate than miner is "producing" .
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:03:49 PM

The dashboard does show 586mhs but mine can hardly stay above 500 for reported hashrate. I would say it runs between 430-500 , more on the lower end .

Does BW falsely adervtised 540 for their miner to justify the higher price vs bitmain or is it a software issue that they don't even seem to care enough to adress and fix .

I tried sending them an email but i always get a message saying the email could not be delivered

I'm also wondering the legitimacy of OP's review since all we see on his thread is people reporting lower reported hashrate than miner is "producing" .

Wow, what a nice way to ask help by throwing a accusation here.  Cheesy

I think you are having a high rejected shares rate.

Seph213

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:41:36 AM

My reject rate is Always between 6-8% i'm on version 2.6, stale share around .15% and thats on all my L21's

As for ur comment about accusations . I searched the web , emailed bw , wen through their twitter , tried hyperbit , all gave that and no help was probided , also looked on this thread and realized i was not the only one . All i'm seeing is people with the same issue and no word from BW or hyperbit .

I basicaly spent money on 6 L21 , this other guy in the thread said to have 90 units but hey ur feelings are being hurt, very unreasonable of me to question the only person who says having no issue with this miner when everyone else seems to have the same problem .

Dam so insensitive of me
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:14:44 AM

I'm not denying the possibility of a such problem.
I do have seen other reports saying the same too.

If you have the miner pointed to a low latency stratum server and you still get a high rejected rate, then there is something wrong.
In this case please contact BW.com and report this issue to them.

You win nothing by yelling at me, and you don't really encourage me to help you.
This will be my last reply to you.

You should point your criticism to BW.com, the manufacturer.

Seph213

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:05:16 PM

Obviously there's something wrong haven't you read the previous post where i clearly say that i have tried contacting BW and it did not work .

Great help reminding me to contact BW , amazing effort .

Again sorry for hurting ur feelings snowflake , now i know people wasting their hard earn money < ur over sensitive feeings .

PS:i never screamed at you , criticism does not equal screaming.
notey

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:52:23 PM

Obviously there's something wrong haven't you read the previous post where i clearly say that i have tried contacting BW and it did not work .

Again sorry for hurting ur feelings snowflake , now i know people wasting their hard earn money < ur over sensitive feeings .

Easy now! He just reviewed the miner.  We operate the L21s as well.  Although we mostly run Bitmain products, we do have 12 of the L21s.  I can tell you that it's not a latency issue.  It doesn't matter which pool you point to, it's still a problem.  There is a high number of rejected shares on all of our L21s (10-40%) and the reported hashrate (as a result) mainly fall mid to upper 400 MHs. 

This is a real issue.  I am not sure if BW will fix it or not.  I know that Hyperbitshop's CEO just told a friend of mine that he would get to a firmware update in a few weeks.  But, seems as if Hyperbitshop isn't selling the miners any longer since they are listed on the BW.com site.
Seph213

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:13:16 PM

Could it be because of 2 much idling ? When i lookk at the miners log , see lots of "set work ttys 1 ttys 2 and 3 -4 "

Not lots of accepted work or new jobs . My reject rate never goes over 6-8% . Noticed even when i reboot the miner and my reject rate is below 3% , hashrate is still between 480-510
notey

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:50:28 PM

Could it be because of 2 much idling ? When i lookk at the miners log , see lots of "set work ttys 1 ttys 2 and 3 -4 "

Not lots of accepted work or new jobs . My reject rate never goes over 6-8% . Noticed even when i reboot the miner and my reject rate is below 3% , hashrate is still between 480-510

Maybe but I don't see much of any improvement until a firmware update that has been promised soon.  A couple of things I DO like about the L21:  They are very cool.  It's almost impossible to overheat them if they get fresh air.  The other thing I like about them is that they provide us with a lot of flexibility in our power circuit planning.  We can get three L21s and 2 L3+ miners on a 20 amp, 220V circuit with a full 80% utilization.  Makes planning flexible.  Hopefully, the firmware update will smooth out any performance issues.
Seph213

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:20:43 PM

Anyone found a solution for this issue ? Bw support rejects emails and hyperbit is not answering support emails

Checked latency and its below 30ms , played around with frequency's and 672 seems to be the least worst . I'm out of idea's .
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 10:34:08 PM

I sent them e-mail too, I would like to help you guys but I don't know the answer for this.  Undecided

I've usually had good response when messaging with Ronald from Bitbank Group, so let's hope we can get some help to this issue soon.

apax

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:19:57 AM

I've been in touch with hyperbit guys and for those who bought from December batch there's an actual hardware problem.

They found a defect with MOSFET in power distribution board and are trying to get new boards to ship to buyers.

Also, the new firmware should improve the global hashrate by having fewer rejected shares and better memory management blablabla.
The new firmware should also bring fan control so it's no longer running full speed.

Antminer S9 & D3
BW L21
MSI RX570 armor
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:47:22 AM

I've been in touch with hyperbit guys and for those who bought from December batch there's an actual hardware problem.

They found a defect with MOSFET in power distribution board and are trying to get new boards to ship to buyers.

Also, the new firmware should improve the global hashrate by having fewer rejected shares and better memory management blablabla.
The new firmware should also bring fan control so it's no longer running full speed.

Please keep us updated periodically and thank you!

HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 05:59:30 PM

@apax
Thanks for sharing this info.
Good to know that they are working on a solution to fix the issue.

notey

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:56:19 PM

@apax

Would like to note here that over the last week our L21s have been hashing well at prohashing.  The accepted rate is almost at dashboard level for about 1/3 of them and is in the mid-500 MHs for most.
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2093
Merit: 1396

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:08:50 PM

Easy now! He just reviewed the miner.  We operate the L21s as well.  Although we mostly run Bitmain products, we do have 12 of the L21s.  I can tell you that it's not a latency issue.  It doesn't matter which pool you point to, it's still a problem.  There is a high number of rejected shares on all of our L21s (10-40%) and the reported hashrate (as a result) mainly fall mid to upper 400 MHs. 

This is a real issue.  I am not sure if BW will fix it or not.  I know that Hyperbitshop's CEO just told a friend of mine that he would get to a firmware update in a few weeks.  But, seems as if Hyperbitshop isn't selling the miners any longer since they are listed on the BW.com site.

It is a software issue...I work pretty closely with them since my miners use their chips. Been trying to get a L21 unit from them to help them fix the software but so far they have been out of stock and cant send me one.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
apax

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:42:41 PM

It is a software issue...I work pretty closely with them since my miners use their chips. Been trying to get a L21 unit from them to help them fix the software but so far they have been out of stock and cant send me one.

What do you mean by "my miners"?

Antminer S9 & D3
BW L21
MSI RX570 armor
Seph213

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:40:01 AM

@apax

Would like to note here that over the last week our L21s have been hashing well at prohashing.  The accepted rate is almost at dashboard level for about 1/3 of them and is in the mid-500 MHs for most.

What's the pay system you chose ? I been meaning to try prohashing .
HagssFIN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 03:43:22 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 12:50:05 AM by HagssFIN

What do you mean by "my miners"?
Jstefanop is the entrepreneur and main developer for the FutureBit miniminers.

His latest product is FutureBit Moonlander 2, which is a USB stick miner.
It uses the same 28nm ASIC chip as the BW-L21 miner uses.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: