Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:09:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you interested in a turn-key hosted public/private pool service?  (Read 1249 times)
Craig (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:58:55 PM

I'm considering a pool-as-a-service offering, is there a market here?

Basic description of the service:

100% hosted - we handle database security, scalability, infrastructure management and bug fixes/enhancements
good data security practices - properly salted and hashed credentials, SSL-only, offsite backups, etc...
JSON and/or XML API - you put together a user interface (PHP, RoR, Python, whatever…) connected to the service API, requires no data storage/management/mining code on the web tier
possibly multiple scoring algorithms - could choose from several scoring algorithms (proportional, PPS, cheat-proof, etc…)

I'd imagine most interest would be from those who are looking to start a pool but are short on time or technical expertise.  Ant other thoughts or ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PandaMiner

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 09:53:10 AM

Ant other thoughts or ideas?

Yes.  How will your customer be able to be in control? What type of back-end will you be providing? What about FTP/cPanel etc?

What kind of pricing are you ball-parking?  Would you consider a percentage per block? Would you take BTC as payment?  Would there be a contract/lease?  Do you have experience running a pool?

The most important one is the price point.

Good Idea.

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Kingpin

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 10:19:27 AM

Yah Im interested.......But i dont know how to make the site lol.....so how much for all this.....
Craig (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 01:33:02 PM

Regarding pricing, I was thinking about a few different pricing options.  Maybe a breakdown like this:

Low cost plan - something like 1BTC per month plus small fee (1.5% maybe?), unlimited Mhash/s
Medium - say 5 BTC per month and no fee, some mid level limit on Mhash/s
High - maybe 10BTC per month and a very high limit on Mhash/s or maybe a dedicated server instance with no limit on Mhash/s

Again that's nowhere near set in stone, just an idea of how the price structure could look.  I'd imagine most would prefer to pay in BTC?  No contract, no cancellation fees or anything like that.  I want happy customers, not to lock them into something if they decide they don't want to use it!

For those who don't want to or can't create their own front end, I could provide a pretty basic standard interface you could enable.  Depending on extra server load, that might end up being an extra BTC per month or so (don't know yet).

How will your customer be able to be in control? What type of back-end will you be providing? What about FTP/cPanel etc?

I'm not quite sure what sort of control you are referring to here?  The pool server back-end is custom built.  I'm thinking there would be at least a basic admin page, what would you want to see there?

Seems like maybe most people would be interested in using a default website interface to the pool rather than build and host their own front-end?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: