Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:43:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: weopij 09*U KM<M)(U  (Read 2687 times)
just_me (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:13:06 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 05:36:39 AM by just_me

jkla;dkfj ,mewl

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 12:27:51 PM

Hi. I would like to mine for coins, but wary of downloading so many programs, as I have experienced virus attacks on my pc in the past, so generally I don't download much at all. Unfortunate there is this requirement to download all the time, to be involved with mining. I remember reading about bitcoin years ago, and I think I skipped over it, because of the downloads.
But I was busy doing other things in life, that are more important, so not kicking myself really at all.
Too bad no one didn't set it up, so we could 'mine' somehow, without downloading programs.
But that is not the case, I see.

How do I know for sure, I will not get attacked or viruses, from any of these programs?

Remember, I am experienced on the net, and I have watched computers become useless as viruses took over and would not even allow the user to use the pc at all.
I threw a computer out like that once years ago, after I repented and turned back to God, and I smashed the inside of the computer a bit first. God doesn't give his glory to images. But I am saved by grace and not by works, through faith in Jesus Christ.

I also realize that competition in the mining areas, is also not favorable, in regards to malicious attacks either, where current miners or programmers might want to squeeze the competing miners by infecting their computers to slow or stop them from competing. I thought about this.

This malicious type of behaviors is also evident on these forums as well, with all the petty bashing and name calling and such. At the same time there are pump and dump advertising types, for sure, or virus spreaders perhaps as well?

Nonetheless, I am thinking of mining, but don't want to get viruses. Can anyone help give me some understanding of how I might be able to test these programs first before downloading?  Any guidance? No viruses or attacks please.
Experienced? I think not.
Being safe from viruses, malware and such is pretty simple, hackers that target you are a problem (there are probably none). Anyways register on a pool such as "http://www.btcguild.com/", their support page has a set up GUI miner which, ofcourse, is virus free.
Tell me what anti virus program do you use, firewall, is it free or payed?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:58:01 PM

We get it. You've seen the internet, all of it. You throw away every computer you get with a virus, and that is somehow related to you being saved? I don't really know.

If you don't want to sign up to a pool, you're going to need 2 pieces of software: the Bitcoin Client, and CGMiner.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 02:04:40 PM

Dear lord, you're completly wrong.
No wonder you had to throw out those computers (I don't even know who does this due to virus infection?)..
You need AV software in anycase.

Mining in a pool is much better for you unless you have crazy high Ghash/s which I doubt you do.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:41:24 PM

Why don't you ask Jesus to install the software for you. He'd never steer you wrong. Him telling you to throw out an infected computer is the best advice He could have given you. Unfortunately, you didn't recognize that he was telling you that computers/internet ain't your bag, baby. Why did you go against His will and buy another computer?  Undecided

Ask Him (in faith, nothing wavering) to install some mining software on your computer for you. If it be His will for you to mine, He will install it, and start it mining for you. If, however, you wake to no mining taking place, don't despare. Take it as a sign from the good Lord above that he has other plans for you; and I'm sure they'll be AMAZING!  Wink

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 04:29:07 PM

Why don't you ask Jesus to install the software for you. He'd never steer you wrong. Him telling you to throw out an infected computer is the best advice He could have given you. Unfortunately, you didn't recognize that he was telling you that computers/internet ain't your bag, baby. Why did you go against His will and buy another computer?  Undecided

Ask Him (in faith, nothing wavering) to install some mining software on your computer for you. If it be His will for you to mine, He will install it, and start it mining for you. If, however, you wake to no mining taking place, don't despare. Take it as a sign from the good Lord above that he has other plans for you; and I'm sure they'll be AMAZING!  Wink

So much win in this post! Smiley

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 04:34:10 PM

Buy a computer just for mining.

Very few viruses can withstand a proper disk wipe. I recommend Derik's Boot And Nuke (dban). Note: that program erases all of the data stored on the computer.

You can then install the Operating System of your choice. I recommend a GNU/Linux distribution. While not immune to viruses/malware, you will have a harder time accidentally running them.

Edit: buy a second computer (does not have to be an expensive one) just for your bitcoin wallet. Get one with 4GB of RAM so you can run Armory. That software relies on the reference client. I suggest this because it does not sound like you are able to secure the computer you use for day-to-day usage.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:37:17 PM

Marduk

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:59:16 PM

No wonder you had to throw out those computers (I don't even know who does this due to virus infection?)..

Unfortunately, quite a few people do this.  They load up on 100s of silly little programs that all want to load on startup or malware of some sort until their computers slow down to a crawl.  Then they buy a new computer because they don't know any better.

I've had people tell me they "...had to get rid of their computer because of a virus."  I just giggle, tell them that wasn't necessary and try to talk about something other than computers at that point.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 09:26:01 PM

Unfortunately, quite a few people do this.  They load up on 100s of silly little programs that all want to load on startup or malware of some sort until their computers slow down to a crawl.  Then they buy a new computer because they don't know any better.

I've had people tell me they "...had to get rid of their computer because of a virus."  I just giggle, tell them that wasn't necessary and try to talk about something other than computers at that point.
Dear lord, probably people like him. Sad but true..

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
JonnyBravo

Activity: 129

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 09:29:46 PM

somebody needs to at least ask -- what GPU would you dedicating to this noble and MOST HOLY mining effort?

Grin Grin Grin

Operator of the L8 site family, featuring classic Roulette, Blackjack, Video Poker, Dice and more on your favourite altcoins (CLOAK, DOGE, LTC and more)
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 11:09:05 PM

somebody needs to at least ask -- what GPU would you dedicating to this noble and MOST HOLY mining effort?

Grin Grin Grin
Let me pray to Jesus, may he enlighten my choice..
He told me "Intel HD 4000" would be best for this holy undertaking..   Cheesy

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
JonnyBravo

Activity: 129

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 12:38:16 PM

Grin

Operator of the L8 site family, featuring classic Roulette, Blackjack, Video Poker, Dice and more on your favourite altcoins (CLOAK, DOGE, LTC and more)
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:33:04 PM

this can't be serious...

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
CoolIT

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:37:53 PM

Edit... I should have read your third paragraph sooner...

If it's serious... read up on evolution as intelligent people must understand more then one opinion to make a good one.

If it's a troll... I love it. (and I wasted my time with the below post)

Original post.
OMG, Poor OP.  Grin

You kind of asked for it.

Anyways, here is some advice.

1- A mining computer is usually a dedicated mining computer

2- You need a good PSU 600W to 1000W depending on amount of videocards you run, a motherboard with 2+ PCIE slots and most importantly an AMD Videocard such as R5850, 5870, 6870, 6950, 6970, 6990, 7870, 7950...
Google Mining hardware comparison and you will find the link that details what cards hash how fast.
edit: Yahoo it then... Cheesy

3- Windows XP or Windows 7 with Guiminer works well, you also need to set yourself up at a pool.
(there is a guiminer for bitcoins or litecoins) coinotron pool does it all

I run 2 dedicated rigs,
both run guiminer for litecoin
Both have guiminer for bitcoin installed but not operating (more profitable to mine litecoin for me)

None of the 2 computers have windows updates or an antivirus.
None of the 2 computers have had any issue in the many months of operation.

You get viruses by browsing on the internet, opening links on emails and so on and no antivirus will save you...
Well to my experience, avast does a fair job... but no antivirus can stop more than 50% of existing threats.

You, the user are the best or worst antivirus by experience or judgement.
Frankthetank

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:09:09 PM

Troll of the day!
induce

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:10:34 AM

No offense to the OP, but this is why people who are not already experienced in this area should avoid mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: