Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:40:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FTCVanity v1.09  (Read 1696 times)
UKMark (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

Empty vessels make most noise.

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:27:14 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2013, 09:24:30 PM by UKMark

Just released v1.07 that now offers support for Litecoin & Bitcoin, so thought I would post over here:

Changelog v1.07:
Added settings menu.
Can now be configured to generate vanity addresses for Feathercoin, Litecoin & Bitcoin.
Added run once self configuration on first run, this is basically a short test to measure system performance of the PC that FTCVanity is installed on. this is to enable trouble free operation even on the slowest of PC's. < That's the plan anyway  Grin
Edit: Also vanitygen, vanitygen64 & oclvanitygen now start minimised, so if you wish to see progress output on longer patterns, etc, simply double click the black CMD window in the systray.

Description:
FTCVanity is a GUI front-end for vanitygen.exe, vanitygen64.exe and oclvanitygen.exe for the creation of a Feathercoin, Litecoin & Bitcoin vanity wallet address.

It offers a complete user friendly interface for creating vanity Feathercoin Addresses & Private Keys:

Screenshot:

Further info on vanitygen from the original author samr7 can be found here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.0

Windows Installer.exe Complete package for generating Vanity Feathercoin addresses & Private Keys (includes vanitygen.exe & vanitygen64.exe source vanitygen source code here):
FTCVanity_v1.09.exe

FTCVanity Source:
Github

Guide To Importing generated private keys:

To import a valid private key, simply start the QT client as usual and then navigate to:

Help >> Debug Window >> Console

And enter the following command:

Code:
importprivkey "your private key here" [Your Label Here] 

Press enter and once it has been verified with the blockchain you will then have your own personal Vanity address!  Cool

Like so:

NOTE:The wallet must be unencrypted to import the new address, once imported the wallet can then be encrypted!

Feel free to test the validity of my vanity address below  Grin

6uKmarkQQeMJzD8uLyWn6sXiW4hj4ubjNN

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:29:21 PM

Since this is in Visual Basic, It's probably really slow. Nevertheless, congratulations on the effort.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
UKMark (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:47:05 PM

Since this is in Visual Basic, It's probably really slow. Nevertheless, congratulations on the effort.

Cheers.
I am running an i5 2500k and there is no noticeable slow down for me Smiley, but I have tried on an older AMD laptop and it is rather slow like you say.  Undecided
The benchmark type configuration test, hopes to solve any timeout errors in the script on lesser PC's etc.
One day I'll teach myself a decent language to program with.  Grin

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:59:02 PM

VB is still faster than javascript. Can this thing do compressed bitcoin keys?

UKMark (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:05:47 PM

VB is still faster than javascript. Can this thing do compressed bitcoin keys?

Errr I don't know tbh Cheesy
Is it a command line option to do compressed keys? If so you could maybe try entering in the input field before your pattern...Although I can't guarantee it will work
Let me know anyway.

UKMark (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:22:32 PM

v1.09 just pushed OP DL link updated.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: