Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:39:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud Mining Thoughts  (Read 1273 times)
IAmLucas (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:24:12 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2017, 09:28:48 PM by mprep

Guys,

Would be good to get your opinion on cloud mining contracts from Genesis or Hashflare. Has anyone got any good/bad experiences with them? Are they profitable?

You can get  10,000.0 GH/s Hash Rate for $1200, apparently gives you a return of $60 a week.... Seems like a good investment no? (Worth noting you can invest just 12$ if you wanted a lower hash rate)

~Lucas
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:30:04 AM

Guys,

Would be good to get your opinion on cloud mining contracts from Genesis or Hashflare. Has anyone got any good/bad experiences with them? Are they profitable?

You can get  10,000.0 GH/s Hash Rate for $1200, apparently gives you a return of $60 a week.... Seems like a good investment no?

~Lucas
Don't trust any cloud mining sites. They are scam most (99.99%) of the time. They are more like a ponzie scheme. Just stay away from them, else you will end up with nothing and regretting later. I suggest you to invest on alt coins and try to make profit by trading instead of investing on those shit cloud mining sites.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
IAmLucas (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:40:29 AM

Guys,

You can get  10,000.0 GH/s Hash Rate for $1200, apparently gives you a return of $60 a week.... Seems like a good investment no?

~Lucas
Don't trust any cloud mining sites. They are scam most (99.99%) of the time. They are more like a ponzie scheme. Just stay away from them, else you will end up with nothing and regretting later. I suggest you to invest on alt coins and try to make profit by trading instead of investing on those shit cloud mining sites.

Fair, I have invested massively in alt coins too, just looking at other ways of potentially getting an income.

I've read a lot of reviews on Hashflare so maybe its the 0.01% of non scams?

Was also half debating investing in a mining kit, maybe plug it in on the works electricity supply  Grin
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:47:00 AM

Guys,

~Lucas

Fair, I have invested massively in alt coins too, just looking at other ways of potentially getting an income.

Was also half debating investing in a mining kit, maybe plug it in on the works electricity supply  Grin
As far as i know genesis and hashflare are the companies on which still operating as of now which do offer cloud mining and they are already operating quiet long years as of now which there are still users or investors who do engage with them.In my own perspective and believes if you can able to handle the risk on putting money on them then proceed but thinking off that nothing last forever and maybe there would be a time on which you can able to reach out your roi when they suddenly shut down.
IAmLucas (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:51:24 AM

As far as i know genesis and hashflare are the companies on which still operating as of now which do offer cloud mining and they are already operating quiet long years as of now which there are still users or investors who do engage with them.In my own perspective and believes if you can able to handle the risk on putting money on them then proceed but thinking off that nothing last forever and maybe there would be a time on which you can able to reach out your roi when they suddenly shut down.

Risk wise, we are all taking huge risks by investing in altcoins, my portfolio seems to jump up and down by 25-30% a day.

I'm going to give it a shot, I'll report back if its a scam or not worth it! Worst case scenario, I loose a few 100$
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:54:45 AM

There is no other way, cloud mining is not a reliable source of income, you are simply fueling mining operation of some company and they pay you dividends to cover it up.
The best way to get the most from cryptocurrency is always to bought the coin when it is cheap and hold for the significant amount of time.
I've read some testimonials from the miners who claimed if instead of investing in mining they would buy coins straightforward - than their profits would be much higher.
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:11:26 PM

Guys,

~Lucas

Did you ever do withdraw ?. I do not know, though they (cloud mining) offer a very lucrative offer, I still feel unsure of them, because no one will guarantee that our money will come back. I prefer to do mining using my own hardware.

IAmLucas (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:22:17 PM

Guys,

~Lucas

Did you ever do withdraw ?. I do not know, though they (cloud mining) offer a very lucrative offer, I still feel unsure of them, because no one will guarantee that our money will come back. I prefer to do mining using my own hardware.

That's fair, I've only just purchased my mining contract today, so will update everyone in a couple of months if it was easy to withdraw. Multiple of respected review sites are stating that its pretty simple.

I wouldn't mind getting my own kit, just concerned with electricity bill / heat from the rig.

This definitely isn't a get rich quick scheme, but a really easy way to get bitcoins (if its not a scam), it's a lot less hassle than doing all the verifications with the exchanges and you can buy the contracts with a credit card
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:34:34 PM

Guys,

~Lucas

with that investment I think you can start a small rigs which you can earn some more btc than investing it inside any cloud mining online as you have your own control just incase btc mining is no longer profitable you can sell your rig.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:42:02 PM

Cloud mining isn't the most reliable thing to be using as most of them are proven to be scams and close down as soon as they get some deposits. Usually it's hard to run a mining company and if they're paying you from their profits because you invested, it's hard for them to maintain profit themselves and end up running away with everyone's money.

You could always save up the small amounts you wish to invest and eventually you'll have enough to buy and run a small rig yourself which seems much more feasible than putting trust in a cloud mining venture.
IAmLucas (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:48:11 PM

Cloud mining isn't the most reliable thing to be using as most of them are proven to be scams and close down as soon as they get some deposits. Usually it's hard to run a mining company and if they're paying you from their profits because you invested, it's hard for them to maintain profit themselves and end up running away with everyone's money.

You could always save up the small amounts you wish to invest and eventually you'll have enough to buy and run a small rig yourself which seems much more feasible than putting trust in a cloud mining venture.

Thanks 13abyknight, good post. In theory I could buy a ridiculous mining rig now, but then I don't want the hassle of the maintenance/heat/electricity.

The calculator on the site suggests I'll have paid off the mining contract price in 135 days... anything after that is profit, its a life time contract too, so they will always run and its just free money ticking away. - It does seem to good to be true, but I really don't think Hashflare is a scam, or Genesis by that matter.
Koadharber

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:51:24 PM

Risk wise, we are all taking huge risks by investing in altcoins, my portfolio seems to jump up and down by 25-30% a day.

I'm going to give it a shot, I'll report back if its a scam or not worth it! Worst case scenario, I loose a few 100$
I dont see that you would able to earn 25-30% more in a day even on bitcoin or altcoin profit unless if theres a pump knowing that mining difficulty does rise overtime as the days goes by which means earnings would really mainly affected and if you can able to handle the risk then it isnt bad at all to put money just be aware that anytime you can lose money on the thing you made.
IAmLucas (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:55:12 PM

I dont see that you would able to earn 25-30% more in a day even on bitcoin or altcoin profit

Not just profit, I mentioned up and down. To be honest it's mainly been the last few days as I have a large Ripple holding.... Should of sold yesterday *cry*
lakimens

Activity: 392

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:10:49 PM

Most people will say it's a scam. I'll say that I haven't tried it and at a time I wanted to, but then I lost interest. If you want to try it out, do so and post here if you got your money and desired hashrate.
Mining is a more reliable source of income, because it's stable to a point, my whole portfolio went red when BCH started rising.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
IAmLucas (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:19:20 PM

Most people will say it's a scam. I'll say that I haven't tried it and at a time I wanted to, but then I lost interest. If you want to try it out, do so and post here if you got your money and desired hashrate.
Mining is a more reliable source of income, because it's stable to a point, my whole portfolio went red when BCH started rising.

Apparently you get daily return information, I'll ping over some screenshots etc.. once it gets going and if i'm able to withdraw ok.
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:22:53 PM

There is no other way, cloud mining is not a reliable source of income, you are simply fueling mining operation of some company and they pay you dividends to cover it up.
The best way to get the most from cryptocurrency is always to bought the coin when it is cheap and hold for the significant amount of time.
I've read some testimonials from the miners who claimed if instead of investing in mining they would buy coins straightforward - than their profits would be much higher.

Never wonder for any profitable cloud mining these days of modern times and that advice of buying cheaper coins to hold is a nice idea for now. Who knows that coin will grow of it's value triple that what price you bought for your trading assets. Mining coins is not as profitable this time, it may take you to more energy consumptions and even other sites promising the so called legit was really resulting to ponzi or referral type of investments.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:54:49 PM

Never wonder for any profitable cloud mining these days of modern times and that advice of buying cheaper coins to hold is a nice idea for now. Who knows that coin will grow of it's value triple that what price you bought for your trading assets. Mining coins is not as profitable this time, it may take you to more energy consumptions and even other sites promising the so called legit was really resulting to ponzi or referral type of investments.
You have a point on that. I think in mining is also a good contributor throughout countries because their job is too difficult to handle. Cloud mining maybe not a reliable source but if you buy coins then it will gain or you will get big profit of it. Look for other ways to trade it or keep reading or asking others testimonies.

Koadharber

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:01:19 PM

I dont see that you would able to earn 25-30% more in a day even on bitcoin or altcoin profit

Not just profit, I mentioned up and down. To be honest it's mainly been the last few days as I have a large Ripple holding.... Should of sold yesterday *cry*
You shouldnt cry since you didnt still miss the train on earning profits with ripple. I would say just a little bit more because theres a news that price would rise up again on XRP. If you do hold large amounts then it would really be an advantage for you to make good profits later on.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:05:49 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2017, 09:29:11 PM by mprep

Guys,

You can get  10,000.0 GH/s Hash Rate for $1200, apparently gives you a return of $60 a week.... Seems like a good investment no? (Worth noting you can invest just 12$ if you wanted a lower hash rate)

~Lucas

I can't say that it's a good idea, but I also can't say it is bad. But even so, i think it is legit. I have seen it a long time ago and still is running to this day. It has risks, but any profit driven man will alaways say that nonrisks no glory. So i say if you have the extra bucks for the investment and all the other needed things for mining, go and do it. Better to try and fail if ever than to go and think about what ifs at night just because you never tried. Hope this helps, cheers.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:12:56 PM

If you want to start mining, then don't mine Bitcoin. Try mining some alt coins which might give you a higher profit later. Don't forget about all those maintenance you will have to be doing. Check the forum to know which coin is currently more profitable to buy. There are some online calculators which shows you how much you are going to be making, not sure about the accuracy though.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: