Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:19:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what do you think about pump and dump?  (Read 10001 times)
clrpod

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:07:50 PM

Pumps and dumps is a common thing in trading. You should be ready to face this situation as this will test your emotion how you would react in a critical situation like when you see the value of your coins is falling.

It is common but realistically you shouldn't end up in a situation where your coins are really falling hard due to a pump and dump because that probably means that you bought at the top which you really shouldn't do.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:29:40 PM

I apologize for repeating myself, but it is clear that many people don't understand what "pump and dump" means. I am concerned that they don't know it is a scam and they are likely to fall for it.

"Pump and dump" (P&D) is a form of microcap stock fraud that involves artificially inflating the price of an owned stock through false and misleading positive statements, in order to sell the cheaply purchased stock at a higher price. Once the operators of the scheme "dump" sell their overvalued shares, the price falls and investors lose their money. ...

While fraudsters in the past relied on cold calls, the Internet now offers a cheaper and easier way of reaching large numbers of potential investors through spam email, bad data, memes, and fake news.

A pump group is a pump-and-dump scam.
An alert service or channel is a pump-and-dump scam.
Don't be a victim.

Let me help to bump this information.

Yeaa people got trapped on a misconception about the pump and dump , the real definition is exactly like what you stated above quoting wikipedia explanation.
Pump and dump is a tricks of trade where some group spread the false info expecting people believe on it and drive them to buy or sell without thinking clearly.
It is completely a trick that basically considered as a "scam" attempt , but people fall into a wrong direction about this p&d.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:28:00 AM

Pumps and dumps is a common thing in trading. You should be ready to face this situation as this will test your emotion how you would react in a critical situation like when you see the value of your coins is falling.

It is common but realistically you shouldn't end up in a situation where your coins are really falling hard due to a pump and dump because that probably means that you bought at the top which you really shouldn't do.
These two situations are very favorable and those who are cursing dump they are stupid because dump is the time when one can buy coin at low price and one thing is sure that bitcoin recovers from any type of dump this is just because of its popularity as people start buying it the prices will start going toward upward and more to it bitcoin gives chance to earn in both situation so get benefits from both of these
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:29:55 AM

These two situations are very favorable and those who are cursing dump they are stupid because dump is the time when one can buy coin at low price and one thing is sure that bitcoin recovers from any type of dump this is just because of its popularity as people start buying it the prices will start going toward upward and more to it bitcoin gives chance to earn in both situation so get benefits from both of these
This sounds pretty funny. All I can think about the two opposite phases that is the dump and pump is that the first one is most appropriate time for buying more and more of the digital Assets and saving them in your online wallet waiting for the right time to sell that is the pumping phase.

This is because the dump phase provides you  great opportunity for buying Bitcoins as beginners in this field get too much worried upon the situation and anxiety ,depression along with many other emotions combine together  to the situation that they decide about selling out whatever they have at lowest minimum prices.

Shishir99

Activity: 644
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 12:47:01 PM

what do you think about pump and dump?  did you ever trade on pump and dump event? can you give few tips for how to make money from this events? what i need to look for?
People usually burned out on this pump and dump event.
If you want to make money you need to be super quick.
I have seen few group on telegram who announce the pump coin.
One guy is named captain who did these.
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 01:13:31 PM

what do you think about pump and dump?  did you ever trade on pump and dump event? can you give few tips for how to make money from this events? what i need to look for?

I think pump and dumps are pretty common in the altcoins markets.
I tried to trade twice time ago, once I earned money while the other one I lose it.
In order to make money from this event, you have to be the admin of pump and dump groups and buy before the others.
The movement of the price of bitcoin or any form of crypto-currency in the market should help people particularly teh trades or the bitcoin holder to depend their transactions on the current value or the movement of the price of bitcoin so that they could know if they will going to earn or have profit in the future. It is also a good thing to learned because people could also used it in the investments and business world. So if you are going to learn the price of bitcoin or the movement as it dump and pump in different reasons you could have the ability to have a better form of trading and investments in the future that could give you earnings and profit.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 02:46:40 PM

First, it is a fact and not going to change anytime soon.  The words may go away, but the actions are still there.  The pumps are done by one or two people, sometimes a small group, but the dumping is something that everyone makes happen.  The initial run and bail may be the pump group, but the downward slide is everyone getting the hell out as the price drops.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Hassan02

Activity: 743

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:59:34 PM

Well that was commonly experience by all traders the so called "Winning and losing" pump and dump, you can win and you can also lose that is the well experience of all traders especially thise who is already trade long time ago with the crypto currencies, they lose big time and they also win big time.
I think of pump and dump as the beauty of bitcoin. It is a very unique kind of concept and all your earnings entirely base on this thing. Market price of bitcoin will keep on fluctuating and it will either increase or decrease.

You just need to prepare yourself for any kind of situation in a way that you will be able to make the maximum advantage of the situation through which you are going through.
when you are starting to trade expect that all traders encounter that kind of scenario and pump and dump are very common we all know that this is a movement of coin but the when there is a dump some are panicking on it they make some panic selling so stay calm of pump and dump deware on that when you are in trading.
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:52:47 AM

Well that was commonly experience by all traders the so called "Winning and losing" pump and dump, you can win and you can also lose that is the well experience of all traders especially thise who is already trade long time ago with the crypto currencies, they lose big time and they also win big time.
I think of pump and dump as the beauty of bitcoin. It is a very unique kind of concept and all your earnings entirely base on this thing. Market price of bitcoin will keep on fluctuating and it will either increase or decrease.

You just need to prepare yourself for any kind of situation in a way that you will be able to make the maximum advantage of the situation through which you are going through.
when you are starting to trade expect that all traders encounter that kind of scenario and pump and dump are very common we all know that this is a movement of coin but the when there is a dump some are panicking on it they make some panic selling so stay calm of pump and dump deware on that when you are in trading.
Pump and dump are two opposite phases that are witnessed in the world of digital currency values. Actually the market faces a devaluation of important coin when the supply gets more than the demand and as well as the risks of stable market shares and lower investments get higher. Therefore, the coin gets its price decreased and on the other hand, if investment in term of specific crypto gets increased in the international market and issuance level gets lower then obviously the coin would get a pump phase ahead.
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:21:33 PM

Pump and dump are two opposite phases that are witnessed in the world of digital currency values. Actually the market faces a devaluation of important coin when the supply gets more than the demand and as well as the risks of stable market shares and lower investments get higher. Therefore, the coin gets its price decreased and on the other hand, if investment in term of specific crypto gets increased in the international market and issuance level gets lower then obviously the coin would get a pump phase ahead.
I do not think that. The main of reason made the price of Bitcoin increased is not the total supply limited of Bitcoin. I know many potential altcoins have supply lower than Bitcoin and these coins still have low value in any exchange. Therefore, as long as the community of Bitcoin still believe Bitcoin will have good future, it can still increases the price.

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
khalifa25

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:24:44 AM

for me pump and dump can give us the big profit if we have the right coins especially if we know what coins will getting pump but i think we need to be careful because if we are late to take action we can be get trapped in high price and it will make us can not sell to make profit
jessicawelsh

Activity: 420
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:27:22 AM

Pump and Dump are needed to the exist of Bitcoins, because of this feature , people are earning profit with Bitcoin and become more and more hungry with Bitcoin.
ElitistCA

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:54:18 PM

Pump = Bullish and dump = Bearish. Both are important to create the trading market and there is no traders can trading without both things. Bullish Team and Bearish Team can created by the whale or the groups of those who traders want to keep the trending as their hope.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
furry04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:03:40 PM

I would suggest to stay away from such events. In regulated markets people who are doing these kind of things end up in jail. It is a crime. People are doing fraud and so many others are hurt while just 1% of them profit.
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:38:48 PM

I would suggest to stay away from such events. In regulated markets people who are doing these kind of things end up in jail. It is a crime. People are doing fraud and so many others are hurt while just 1% of them profit.
Why? Do you not know the truth of the market? All markets are controlling by some force, not only the rich are the people control the market. Even the government or the people have power to affect the world's economy, they are also controlling the market every day.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████