Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:26:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What a bloodbath...  (Read 1421 times)
greyworld (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:26:26 PM

Anyone else getting murdered on altcoins the last 48 hours?

Seems like BTC goes up, alt's go down....

I'm holding, and have snagged a few free coins / profit selling 90% at +20%, but lately my folio is looking like a sea of red.

Do alts eventually regain lost value from BTC appreciation?  Or is it a one way street, BTC up, Alts down?

So far, BAT, VIA, CFI seem to be gaining despite the trends in my other holdings.  

I'm really disappointed in Dash.  I was expecting great things for that with it's diff rate constantly reaching new heights but so far it doesn't seem like diff is actually making much of an impact on it's price.

'¸ __ ¸*ˆ * ·¸ ____ ¸*ˆ*· ¸ ______________________ ¸ ·*ˆ*¸ ____ ¸· * ˆ*¸ __ ¸'
. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ `·.,¸¸,' ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ',¸¸,.·´ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
electricretard

Activity: 170

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:30:50 PM

Things are barely moving. Relax and hodl. Tiny movements like these mean absolutely nothing in crypto. Also a lot of my alts are up so I don't know what bloodbath you are even referring to. Anyway, just hodl and chill Smiley
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:36:07 PM

Its an usual thing. When bts stops alts go back up, but not as high as they were. Some regain old values some dont
greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:37:13 PM

Things are barely moving. Relax and hodl. Tiny movements like these mean absolutely nothing in crypto. Also a lot of my alts are up so I don't know what bloodbath you are even referring to. Anyway, just hodl and chill Smiley

I keep expecting OMG, MCO and PAY to take off but so far no joy.  Well like you say, patience.

I think part of the problem is I made a custom folio viewer for Bittrex using their api, it shows profit/loss, average buy in price, etc differently than theirs does, so it's easier to see exactly which ones are losing money and how much.  Maybe I should switch back to Bittrex's view, so much easier to forget about lost money lol.

. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
adChain

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:51:34 PM

The age old adage, "what comes up must go down" seems appropriate for crypto.
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:23:21 PM

I keep expecting OMG, MCO and PAY to take off but so far no joy.  Well like you say, patience.

I think part of the problem is I made a custom folio viewer for Bittrex using their api, it shows profit/loss, average buy in price, etc differently than theirs does, so it's easier to see exactly which ones are losing money and how much.  Maybe I should switch back to Bittrex's view, so much easier to forget about lost money lol.

Jesus I wish that's all my losses were..

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:27:09 PM

Jesus I wish that's all my losses were..

Yeah that's the only thing that keeps me from being more bleak about it.  Basically I have nothing in the market, it could all race to the bottom and I don't really care that much.  I can only imagine if I had some real money in it...

Good learning experiment though.  Looks like altcoins are a very, very risky investment.  I'm going to let it ride with my sells in place though and see what catches.  So far I've snagged a few free coins, and that's kinda cool.

FYI my losses have ehhh... gone up quite a bit since I took that screen shot.  Still though, they'll never go up more than $200 so whatever.

Good luck, I hope your reds turn to greens soon!

KenM

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:30:23 PM

My altcoin portfolio gained 3.89% in the last 24 hours, things aren't that bad, at least for me.

I've had a handful of weekends where I've lost 30%, crypto is volatile AF, HODL and it should come back.
cryptohorsee

Activity: 229

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:30:49 PM

Anyone else getting murdered on altcoins the last 48 hours?

Seems like BTC goes up, alt's go down....

I'm holding, and have snagged a few free coins / profit selling 90% at +20%, but lately my folio is looking like a sea of red.

Do alts eventually regain lost value from BTC appreciation?  Or is it a one way street, BTC up, Alts down?

So far, BAT, VIA, CFI seem to be gaining despite the trends in my other holdings.  

I'm really disappointed in Dash.  I was expecting great things for that with it's diff rate constantly reaching new heights but so far it doesn't seem like diff is actually making much of an impact on it's price.

Just hang in there brother. Bitcoin is now strong but it will need something more to pass $5000 mark. Every altcoin has its time, but if you have weak hands you can just sell your bag and invest in another coins

swissgang

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 05:32:22 PM

If bitcoin rise slowly altcoins also rise. If bitcoin rise hard, altcoins decrease. I think people are scared of bitcoin's hard rise so they sell their altcoins for btc.

cryptohorsee

Activity: 229

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:42:58 PM

If bitcoin rise slowly altcoins also rise. If bitcoin rise hard, altcoins decrease. I think people are scared of bitcoin's hard rise so they sell their altcoins for btc.

Yes 100% truth

Here is the pattern:

Bitcoin price spikes hard =altcoin blood
Bitcoin is slowly rising = altcoins rise
Bitcoin is down = altcoins blood

greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:10:40 PM

OP must work on Wall St.

Where a 5% move is HUUUUGE!

Welcome to Crypto, son,

Crypto -It's where the Alpha lives

Hey, I was promised instant riches. 

WTF.  It's been like... 5 whole minutes now.

(taps foot impatiently)

shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 06:14:35 PM

But which coins are you holding?
I only hold the best coins, and i am currently holding 5 coins, they all are in green and more than 5% in the last 24 hours.
I have Monero, Ethereum, Waves, Neo and Litecoin. I think you should take care of wich coins are you going to hold.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:38:43 PM

Current movements in the altcoin markets don't seem too extreme at the moment. These are probably simply 'usual' ups and downs in a trend that still can be considered bullish if you look at a wider timeframe. I'm pretty confident the massive inflow of funds into the cryptomarket will eventually reach most altcoins.
Ganglo Saxon

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:42:39 PM

But which coins are you holding?
I only hold the best coins, and i am currently holding 5 coins, they all are in green and more than 5% in the last 24 hours.
I have Monero, Ethereum, Waves, Neo and Litecoin. I think you should take care of wich coins are you going to hold.

I agree with this.  When I first got into crypto I was a big fan of the low priced shitcoins.  I would buy hundreds of thousands or millions of each.  Things moved slowly and I was unhappy with them (XVG and DGB are prime examples).  As I have progressed, I sold off all but 2 shitcoins.  The majority of my investments are in 8 coins (2 shitcoins, 6 higher value coins), which currently are all doing very well.  7 of my 8 coins are in the green during the past 24 hours.
greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:43:07 PM

Current movements in the altcoin markets don't seem too extreme at the moment. These are probably simply 'usual' ups and downs in a trend that still can be considered bullish if you look at a wider timeframe. I'm pretty confident the massive inflow of funds into the cryptomarket will eventually reach most altcoins.

Yeah it's a good time to buy, and that's what I've done for some coins I think are under valued like SC and XLM.

That's helped push my average buy in price down significantly, so hopefully that recovery isn't too far away.

It's ok if it takes a while.  I'm not really as impatient as I sound here, I'm prepared to hang onto all of my holdings to the end of time if that's what it takes to see a return.  

greyworld (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:45:02 PM

I agree with this.  When I first got into crypto I was a big fan of the low priced shitcoins.  I would buy hundreds of thousands or millions of each.  Things moved slowly and I was unhappy with them (XVG and DGB are prime examples).  As I have progressed, I sold off all but 2 shitcoins.  The majority of my investments are in 8 coins (2 shitcoins, 6 higher value coins), which currently are all doing very well.  7 of my 8 coins are in the green during the past 24 hours.

I think you're onto something there.  DGB has been especially disappointing.  It looks so promising, slick operation, they've been at it a while, etc... but the chart looks bleak.  Maybe they have too much inflation built into their system?  I dunno, it's dragging my holdings down though.

bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:51:40 PM

It seems bitcoin is trying to break the 4500 mark again and it is greatly affecting altcoins, again. Like everyone said, it is good news because you can buy your favorite altcoins cheaper this time.
Altcoinster

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:56:34 PM

That was just a small bloodbath, i think the game is changing soon. Most alts trying to build some new bottoms and load some fuel. When bitcoin goes up very high like the last weeks, the most alts are going to follow in the next time.
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:37:14 PM

That was just a small bloodbath, i think the game is changing soon. Most alts trying to build some new bottoms and load some fuel. When bitcoin goes up very high like the last weeks, the most alts are going to follow in the next time.

Yup, its only a small correction mate don't panic and everything will be fine. There are still few coins that are trying to recover. I'm seeing a good gain on ETH today as well.

Yeah it's a good time to buy, and that's what I've done for some coins I think are under valued like SC and XLM.

That's helped push my average buy in price down significantly, so hopefully that recovery isn't too far away.

It's ok if it takes a while.  I'm not really as impatient as I sound here, I'm prepared to hang onto all of my holdings to the end of time if that's what it takes to see a return.  

Yup, I guess, the best thing to do right now is to buy into those dips. Just hang on, most of us have also experienced it and patience in crypto is really a virtue. Hodl, buy more and stay relax. I'm pretty sure that it can recover in due time. I have seen this before, and believed me they can rebound as fast as you can blink.  Grin

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████