Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:58:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My failure experience with bitcoin  (Read 1209 times)
setifien19 (OP)

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:41:07 PM

Hi bitcointalkers .
I made this poste to show the dark side within bitcoin .
Well, I saw many posts talking about success stories with this cryptocurrency , but no one talks about FAILURE in BTC .
For example : I knew bitcoin since it was 500 usd , I used to use faucets and collected some 0.01 BTC ( that time was worthless) I sold some If the amount to a SCMER on localbitcoin , I lost the big part on yobit , and the rest is still blocked on virwox .
This was my story with bitcoin , it's true that I did not pay attention , but failure can be reality with bitcoin.
setifien19 (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:12:48 PM

Is it late to own bitcoins ? Since I can't neither buy nor invest ?
Any suggestion? Advice? Ideas ?
drubas

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:21:09 PM

This question cannot be truly answered by anybody since there are way too many factors.

My opinion is that it is not too late because there are still so many new persons entering this market... this stream of people won´t stop for many months...

The people are going to invest in something and hence where the demand increases and the supply remains nearly the same --> Price goes high.

Lanatsa

Activity: 2842
Merit: 654

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:27:42 PM

Hi bitcointalkers .
Well, I saw many posts talking about success stories with this cryptocurrency , but no one talks about FAILURE in BTC .
For example : I knew bitcoin since it was 500 usd , I used to use faucets and collected some 0.01 BTC ( that time was worthless) I sold some If the amount to a SCMER on localbitcoin , I lost the big part on yobit , and the rest is still blocked on virwox .
This was my story with bitcoin , it's true that I did not pay attention , but failure can be reality with bitcoin.
If you do try to read up threads on this forum for sure you will find lots of failure stories of people who did miss the chance of getting rich on bitcoin because they do have mistakenly sell out their coins on cheaper prices and didnt paid off attention while its still cheap. You are not the only having this regrets and im sure most people do really have the same experience too, you are not the only one.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:32:14 PM

Hi bitcointalkers .

You failed doesn't mean everyone fails. All one needs a complete knowledge before getting deep in buying / selling BTC.
You said you try selling on LocalBitcoins. Why you give shit about individual selling when exchanges are available in almost all countries. Also Yobit is legit exchange, I don't know how you stuck your amount there.
Thirdly, 0.01 BTC is not big deal to loose. You can still stand up and make much more than that in BTC world.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:38:48 PM

Hi bitcointalkers .
Can you pls tell more details about localbitcoins scam? I've been curious about  any possible problems with those escrow systems but haven't seen anything usefull on the forum. Thought whe worse thing is that your funds can freeze for a long time on escrow acc.
setifien19 (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:53:49 PM

Hi bitcointalkers .
Can you pls tell more details about localbitcoins scam? I've been curious about  any possible problems with those escrow systems but haven't seen anything usefull on the forum. Thought whe worse thing is that your funds can freeze for a long time on escrow acc.
Months ago , I saw a person on localbitcoin​ buying bitcoin ( higher than the price average) , I sold some coins to this person , but he didn't send me anything​to my PayPal account...he was simply SCAMER .
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:54:53 PM

- I used to use faucets a
- I sold some If the amount to a SCAMER on localbitcoin ,
- I lost the big part on yobit ,

- i gathered aluminum containers from the side of the road to sell and earn money
- i was mugged and the thief stole all my money,
- i invested my dollars in a shady business with fake promises and lost money,

do you think any of the things i said means dollar has failed or it is as you put it "dark side of dollar" or do you think i was naive?

There is a FOMO brewing...
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:43:01 PM

Hi bitcointalkers .

I truly know how that feels and I feel your pains too but you cannot attribute your own mistakes and failures to Bitcoin. These failures/mistakes can be made even on a normal day, so who do you want to say is the cause? Now, one way or the other, we have all been there and there isn't anyone that has not lost some satoshis one way or the other due to our own negligence, but instead of sobbing, there is still chance to make it worthwhile. Don't also be quick to make some decisions, most especially if you do not have an idea what you are doing. Ask questions and that is why this forum is there in the first place.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:48:13 PM

I knew bitcoin since it was 500 usd , I used to use faucets and collected some 0.01 BTC ( that time was worthless) I sold some If the amount to a SCMER on localbitcoin , I lost the big part on yobit , and the rest is still blocked on virwox .
You can't seriously black Bitcoin for your bad decision and mistakes. It is like you blame US Dollars because someone in New York would rob you.
How exactly it is Bitcoin fault that you trusted some scammer on Localbitcoin, failed at trading on Yobit and got banned/blocked on virvox?
I have no right to judge you and I wish the best for you, but if you would be a bit careful you still would have your whole BTC stash.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 04:53:46 PM

I lost .5 bitcoin in one of my old phones when it broke and i hadnt backed it up. It was pretty annoying back then but its even more annoying now that the price has gone up to what it has. I wont do it again though. You learn from your mistakes and plenty of people have lost a lot more than me. Most of these problems only happen through lack of knowledge though.   

setifien19 (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:58:04 PM

All what members said is true , they were exclusively my mistakes . But everyone should know that carefulness is highly required to be familiar with such crypto money .
Thanks for your encouragement, your advice and even your blaming 😉😉
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:01:28 PM

Is it late to own bitcoins ? Since I can't neither buy nor invest ?
Any suggestion? Advice? Ideas ?

I think it's still not too late to own or buy it. many rumors circulate that bitcoin will experience pump return, others say that by 2020 bitcoin will break the price up to $ 10000. so it's not too late for you.

warden

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:04:36 PM

Hi bitcointalkers .
you lost your bitcoins because you didn't pay attention what does bitcoin have to do with it ? i though this post was going to be something tech like you found something wrong in the bitcoin source code or something but all you can come up with is some trading mistakes ?

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 05:25:03 PM

I was scammed twice and was hacked once but that's not due to bitcoins or a failure experience. It was because I was careless while dealing with scammers and on localbitcoins, you can get scammed anytime. I too got scammed by a localbitcoin user while I've never had an issue with Yobit or any other exchanges. Yobit has many issues with their crypto wallets and the coins listed there don't have a huge market which is the reason many end up losing. It's not something we can predict as the market of all cryptos is highly volatile and almost everyone has incurred losses at some point of time.

Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:29:45 PM

Hi bitcointalkers .
Months ago , I saw a person on localbitcoin​ buying bitcoin ( higher than the price average) , I sold some coins to this person , but he didn't send me anything​to my PayPal account...he was simply SCAMER .

Did you sent your bitcoin straight to his adress avoiding the escrow system? I thought  it is nessecary for all localbitcoins transactions.
Also remember that PayPal is reversable and such offers might be a scam even if you get your funds after the deal.
pressureonme

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:33:18 PM

Hi bitcointalkers .

These are your personal faults, if you were to ask me. If you don't be careful and get scammed on localbitcoin, and if you trust yobit garbage, this is your personal mistake. No need do complain here. Those have nothing to do with bitcoin's general image. Next time, you'll be stronger by taking lessons from your mistakes.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:48:34 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2017, 06:40:01 PM by mobnepal

Its seems that you have gambled whatever bitcoin you have collected from faucets because you thought it is worthless. Even a satoshi might have price of over $1 in near future so your's 0.01 bitcoin is really huge amount and worth to be saved for future.

Yes everybody might have bad experiences with bitcoin like mine, I have lost over 0.20 bitcoin when price was around $300 in one ponzi because I never searched reviews of that ponzi scam
Arumi.Bilqis

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:10:35 PM

It happened three months ago and sells cheaply and now the bitcoin price is soaring but I am still grateful and I am more excited Wink
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:11:52 PM

Hi bitcointalkers .

Do I read this correct that you all you have lost is 0.01 bitcoins? That is not that much money, not even at the current bitcoin price.
Maybe you can see it all from a different view: You paid about 40 dollars to learn ways on how to do things not.
One thing we all have to learn when we deal with bitcoins is how to handle setbacks.
The next part of succeeding with bitcoin is to find out how to handle things so that they work for you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: