Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:39:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Fuck Nazis Virtual Lapel Pin Sale Under Way  (Read 828 times)
jeremyrubin (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:48:52 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 09:57:27 PM by jeremyrubin

FUCK NAZIS VIRTUAL LAPEL PIN

Excited to announce my new project here, the Fuck Nazis Virtual Lapel Pin. The sale is currently underway until September.

You can participate by sending Ethereum to the Sale Address: 0x648f3501556345B5a6e9CC3742F7070382BbEa5F.

The Fuck Nazis Virtual Lapel Pin sale is for those who want to proudly declare "FUCK NAZIS". And if you don't want to condemn Nazis, FUCK YOU TOO.

Saying "Fuck Nazis" out loud is incredibly empowering — try it!

Purchasing and holding a Fuck Nazis Virtual Lapel Pin represents a small act of defiance and measurable virtue signaling against dangerous and violent Nazi ideologies. Large acts of defiance can have large impact, but small reminders of your stake in critical issues create opportunities for you to have the strength to make larger acts. True virtue signaling also serves to build a community of shared values and network of support around those making large acts of defiance.

There's more information on the official website, including a participation guide, but as a sampling of the types of things we aspire to do:

• Donations to organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League.
  • Sponsoring guards for synagogues who are denied publicly funded police details.
  • Developing curricular guides for parents and teachers instructing their children on the recent rise in Nazism.
  • Summit for Rabbis on how to respond to Nazism in 2017.
  • Workshops on how to non-violently oppose Nazis in cities where they are staging demonstrations.
  • Producing a documentary on the few remaining holocaust survivor's thoughts on how to respond to current events.
  • Financial support programs for financially struggling Holocaust survivors in America.
  • Support for those in legal trouble as a result of their acts of defiance against Nazis.
  • Publishing a quarterly online magazine for pin holders on related topics.
  • Operating phone campaigns to call every Senator, Congressman, Governor, etc to collect and document as many comments on fighting Nazism as possible.  
  • Running special fund-raisers using FNZ pins to mock Nazis.  
  • Running a hackathon on protest technologies -- what is the modern-day megaphone?  How can it be used by us; how could it be used against us?  
  • Building statues as symbols of emancipation in the South.
  • Sponsoring pro-tolerance guerilla art.
  • Planning workshops with other anti-hate movements to train them on how to use crypto.
  • Advocating policies to stop the use of Gestapo like secret police in America and related practices.

Key Info

Name:Fuck Nazis Virtual Lapel Pins
Symbol:FNZ
Sale Contract:0x648f3501556345B5a6e9CC3742F7070382BbEa5F
Sale ABI:Link
Token Contract:0x3ec412Bab5A52bb2C1be82dA625eFCc9be1a05B1
Token ABI:Link
Sale Price:1 ETH : 300 FNZ
Decimals:18
Cap:Uncapped
End Date:Approximately 9AM EST on September 21st, 2017
Start Block:4187977
End Block:4310177

Join our Slack and Mailing List (link removed by forum, see site for mailing list).
Follow on  @FuckNazis Twitter.
Follow Fuck Nazis on Facecook.

Happy to take any questions!

Jeremy
Adykingcity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:53:47 PM

It's like racism, if your project title like this may be investors will not be interested in your project
jeremyrubin (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:05:21 PM

It's like racism, if your project title like this may be investors will not be interested in your project

Saying Fuck Nazis is not like racism. To insinuate otherwise is ridiculous.

That saying Fuck Nazis a little bit of a filter is a good thing -- purchasers of the virtual lapel pin are more likely to actually value the cause.
Jabstep

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:11:42 PM

Who are these "Nazis" and what did they do to you?
The Nazi label gets thrown around so easily these days. Basically if you're a white male who don't agree with certain view's you're automatically a nazi.
Feels like you're just riding the wave to get some attention.
jeremyrubin (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:37:02 PM

Who are these "Nazis" and what did they do to you?
The Nazi label gets thrown around so easily these days. Basically if you're a white male who don't agree with certain view's you're automatically a nazi.
Feels like you're just riding the wave to get some attention.

I'm guessing you don't need a lesson historically on who the Nazis were...

But who are the Nazis today?

Well, they're the cowards who painted Swastikas and "Work Will Set You Free (1941)" on my universities campus. Who draw "Jews did 9/11" outside of high schools and graffiti crossed out stars of David on walls in the town where some of my relatives live. They're the people who shout at me on the bus because of how the Jews own America. Those are Nazis, no? Sure those are anecdotes, but that's what you asked me... what did they do to me.

These are the people who then go on to commit atrocities like those seen in Holocaust. They are so brash as to even take the same symbols in public. And it's not those Nazis who take those symbols that concern me the most, it's the ones who don't. Because at least if you're wearing a nazi swastika there shouldn't be room to justify your intent.

No, some white male I disagree with isn't automatically a Nazi. But a Nazi is a Nazi. This isn't just a white male thing, there is anti-Semitism and other forms of racialized hate on both the left and the right. Neither get a free pass for what they think about healthcare.

I'm guessing you care about free speech. That you want to have your unique views and not be labeled as a Nazi for them. And you're worried that the left is going to take away your free speech because of it? I'm worried about that too. Free speech is absolutely critical for our society to continue to function. Nazis work on intimidation. They want you to fear for your life to speak out against them.

That's why it is so important to speak now, and to make it known that we will not let people be intimidated out of their voice.

ItalianBitcoin3r

Activity: 219

ENG > ITA PDF, PSD, TXT, DOCX TRNSLATION

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:09:24 PM

really a Honorable project for the bad history of all nazy corps!!!
hope this will be a great success..
ZhuldyzKaladinova

Activity: 289
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:10:30 PM

Utterly useless
franss

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:30:26 PM

Maybe that should be considered better not to attach frills nazi
Because surely everyone has different thoughts  Wink
l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:51:39 PM

I hope this project has more complete information, what is the total coin or token suplay made for this project, and the roadmap for this project. maybe with a whitepaper would be better
ItalianBitcoin3r

Activity: 219

ENG > ITA PDF, PSD, TXT, DOCX TRNSLATION

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:47:26 PM

Utterly useless

i not agree..
if it help to remember what they have done... it is not useless...
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:15:13 PM

Scamming commies by virtue signaling, I like it and it's refreshing that OP is honest with it.  Grin

However I have my doubts that any nazi will care about anyone holding these or the campaigns launched with it (more details on that would be nice). Also the logo of this token just screams "this is bait":

jeremyrubin (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:17:31 PM

Utterly useless

i not agree..
if it help to remember what they have done... it is not useless...

really a Honorable project for the bad history of all nazy corps!!!
hope this will be a great success..

Thanks for your support Smiley

Scamming commies by virtue signaling, I like it and it's refreshing that OP is honest with it.  Grin

However I have my doubts that any nazi will care about anyone holding these or the campaigns launched with it (more details on that would be nice). Also the logo of this token just screams "this is bait":

Hah -- Not a scam. I think I'm ~fairly~ reputable to not being doing such a thing (I'm a bitcoin core contrib, I run Scaling Bitcoin, I co-founded the MIT DCI, I did the MIT Bitcoin project and gave every MIT Student $100 in Bitcoin, I fought the State of NJ over Tidbit in 2013, etc).

It's more or less a fundraiser, and I'm going to put the funds raised to fighting Nazism and other forms of racist extremism in America.

It's fine if the Nazis don't care (I actually prefer that). This is more about bringing unity over the condemnation as a common principle, and doing some good work with any cash raised.

I hope this project has more complete information, what is the total coin or token suplay made for this project, and the roadmap for this project. maybe with a whitepaper would be better

I think you'll find that information on the site under "Sale Structure " (it's uncapped); it has all the information that a whitepaper would have. I can add a roadmap though, but its's heavily dependent on how many tokens are sold what types of the missions I listed we'll be able to do. I'm working with a tech-savvy Rabbi on making sure I'm making the maximum impact with the project.

Utterly useless

I hope not! At a minimum I just want to help people to find their voice to speak out against Nazism and other forms of racist extremism. Is that so useless?

But yeah, the tokens are perfunctory. It's not about fake technical features it's about the community that can be built as a response.

Earn with Bitcoin

Activity: 65
Merit: 7

Reviewing low-investment Bitcoin opportunities!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 06:24:34 PM

Interesting project. To be honest, at first I did think this was in fact one of these 4chan-like operations, where people pretend to be anti-Nazi, with the goal of getting money (or identifiable data) of left-leaning people, in order to troll them. But I guess considering the fact that you are indeed supporting the project with your real identity etc, this might indeed be legit. So best of luck to you - not sure how much positive impact it will have, but it's a commendable cause at the very least.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: