Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:44:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I still h ave faith in bitcoin's value  (Read 3671 times)
dannickherpderp (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:33:07 PM

So we just had a pretty bad week.

me in particular.  I finally get real money invested in the system and the largest exchange crashes.  Fun fun, but I digress.

We had the largest exchange hacked, the market flooded, security compromised, prices drop to pennies, intentions of traders questioned, and all manner of horrors in a short period of time.

And yet bitcoins are still trading around 14-15 bucks each.  If bitcoins can survive that with really no total loss of value, then they're hardier than many people have given them credit for.

Long live the bitcoin!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Desu

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:34:55 PM

+1
Bitcoins are like a religon,
They always have there little bumps.
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:35:36 PM

And yet bitcoins are still trading around 14-15 bucks each. 

Volume?

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
dannickherpderp (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:45:53 PM

And yet bitcoins are still trading around 14-15 bucks each. 

Volume?

And yet bitcoins are still trading around 14-15 bucks each.   Grin
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:48:04 PM

Volume? Where are we going we don't need volume!

noedaRDH

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:48:18 PM

+1
Satoshi will reveal himself as the second coming of Christ in 2012.

1NwGKiLcAngD1KiCCivxT6EDJmyXMGqM9q

Ask not what Bitcoin can do for you - ask what you can do for Bitcoin.
dannickherpderp (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 09:43:51 PM

+1
Satoshi will reveal himself as the second coming of Christ in 2012.

And satoshi pulls off his mask and it's THE REANIMATED CORPSE OF JOHN MAYNARD KEYNES OH GOD WE WERE SO FOOLISH NOOOOOOO
Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 09:48:17 PM

Bitcoins are in fact like religion because the faith of the people who believe in it give bitcoin it's value. In that aspect bitcoin is very much like a religion. Only difference is that this religion will actually save lives when the world's fiat currencies start collapsing whereas others will tell them to pray for a change.
dannickherpderp (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 09:54:55 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2011, 10:22:05 PM by dannickherpderp

Bitcoins are in fact like religion because the faith of the people who believe in it give bitcoin it's value. In that aspect bitcoin is very much like a religion. Only difference is that this religion will actually save lives when the world's fiat currencies start collapsing whereas others will tell them to pray for a change.

edited:  Derp.  Misread you.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 10:07:55 PM

Only difference is that this religion will actually save lives when the world's fiat currencies start collapsing whereas others will tell them to pray for a change.

How will bitcoins save you?  So let me get this straight, the fiat currencies collapse essentially causing mass panic and destruction but 1) you have electricity, 2) a working internet and 3) someone willing to exchange tangible goods for survival for your bits of code.

Hookay.  Goodluck with that.   

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
Mark Oates

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 10:25:47 PM

Forcing everyone to invest in their own sustainable energy, and thus be more secure?

I think that's a fantastic idea.
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 10:44:13 PM

Yes, and here are additional reasons:

Bitcoin: A New Commodity Created To Serve Market Demand
http://economicsandliberty.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/bitcoin-a-new-commodity-created-to-serve-market-demand/
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:27:03 AM

I find it funny too that the last trade is 15.40 on Tradehill, yet everyone thinks it is going to zero...

Oh, about volume, since it isn't the same volume as Mt.Gox, I guess it would be easier to crush to zero, but jeeze, just doesn't seem to be happening.

It's okay, we'll wait while all the CRASH CRASH CRASH fanatics readjust their theories... comon boys, if it is so easy - why am I not seeing it trade at 1? 0.50? 0.01?

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:28:50 AM

I find it funny too that the last trade is 15.40 on Tradehill, yet everyone thinks it is going to zero...

Oh, about volume, since it isn't the same volume as Mt.Gox, I guess it would be easier to crush to zero, but jeeze, just doesn't seem to be happening.

It's okay, we'll wait while all the CRASH CRASH CRASH fanatics readjust their theories... comon boys, if it is so easy - why am I not seeing it trade at 1? 0.50? 0.01?

+1
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:43:37 AM

It would be fun to read what they say about these events in the history books (or whatever they use by then) of some hundred years in the future

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Hook^

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:46:58 AM

+1
You're cute Desu, but what is that plastic thingy you are wearing?
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:49:38 AM

I don't think BTC's will go to zero over this but you can't really make an assessment while the largest exchange is in a freeze.  You have thousands of users with cash and BTC's that they have no access to.  You can't trade what you don't have.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:50:20 AM

That's what she said ¬.¬

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
bitprotection

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:51:26 AM

So we just had a pretty bad week.

me in particular.  I finally get real money invested in the system and the largest exchange crashes.  Fun fun, but I digress.

We had the largest exchange hacked, the market flooded, security compromised, prices drop to pennies, intentions of traders questioned, and all manner of horrors in a short period of time.

And yet bitcoins are still trading around 14-15 bucks each.  If bitcoins can survive that with really no total loss of value, then they're hardier than many people have given them credit for.

Long live the bitcoin!

+1 long live the bitcoin!

Working on protecting the community!
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:53:50 AM

CRASH fanatic == Not me.
Realistically, we are in a long-term bull market and short to medium-term bear market. There are over 7,000 new coins produced every day, plus the vast majority of ones for sale are trapped at MtGox. IMO, $5 or $6 to $10 is not only realistic, but expected, short-term.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: