Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:15:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Incorrect statements  (Read 1522 times)
misterbigg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:20:08 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2013, 05:38:58 PM by misterbigg

Are abundant here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:24:34 PM

except that exchanges are not critical for Bitcoin to work.

whereas in Ripple gateways, aka licensed financial institutions, are.
bitbitcoincoin

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:31:54 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2013, 05:53:05 PM by bitbitcoincoin

except that exchanges are not critical for Bitcoin to work.

whereas in Ripple, gateways aka licensed financial institutions, are.

Which is by design.

Face it, ripple is a giant scam looking to fool the crypto community into giving up what makes it a thorn in the banking community's side.

The ability to exchange finances without them taking a cut.

EDIT:  Looks like someone forgot to create a self moderated thread and can only edit his OP instead of deleting opinions he doesn't agree with.

EDIT2:  Now you've remade the thread except you remembered to allow yourself to moderate it LOL.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212222.0

You know what they call people who can only make self moderated topics in the alt currency section?  Scammers.  Fitting for the most dangerous scamcoin out there Ripple to have a scammer shill like the OP.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:48:54 PM

Are abundant here.

There is an aweful lot of begging going on for Ripple acceptance. I give it another month or two and we'll be seeing yet another premined coin system take its place.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
misterbigg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:57:46 PM

EDIT:  Looks like someone forgot to create a self moderated thread and can only edit his OP instead of deleting opinions he doesn't agree with.

I wasn't expecting to have to make the thread moderated - I didn't think that a post which had nothing to do with Ripple and everything to do with Bitcoin exchanges would invite trolls to trot out the tiresome anti-Ripple diatribe.

Now you've remade the thread except you remembered to allow yourself to moderate it

Yes, I did and from now on most of my threads will be moderated. Anyone on my ignore list will automatically have their posts deleted from my threads. It is really unfortunate that it had to come to this but that's the current situation I suppose. For the most part I will not delete anyone's post if they are civil but when there's name calling I have to draw the line.

Scammers. Fitting for the most dangerous scamcoin out there Ripple to have a scammer shill like the OP.

From now on I will be quicker to place people on my ignore list when they make personal accusations. Starting with you.
bitbitcoincoin

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:58:58 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2013, 06:23:46 PM by bitbitcoincoin

Reposted deleted comment from self moderated thread.

misterbigg again with the slight hint of pro-ripple masquerade

just give it up buddy, no one wants to use Ripple
bitbitcoincoin

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:00:50 PM

From now on I will be quicker to place people on my ignore list when they make personal accusations. Starting with you.

I don't care if you ignore me, you're a scammer as far as Im concerned.  The people I want to warn about your scamcoin all will see my posts just fine.
AzureEngineer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:21:17 PM

If Ripple was not a scam, their advertisements would not require self-moderated threads to save face. Pathetic.

My name was simply a play on "Blue Engineer" from Team Fortress. I am not affiliated with Microsoft or the Azure project.
SGExodus

Activity: 232

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:22:45 PM

I don't care if you ignore me, you're a scammer as far as Im concerned.  The people I want to warn about your scamcoin all will see my posts just fine.

+1. An ostrich scammer is still a scammer.
bitbitcoincoin

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:24:23 PM

reposted comment from self moderated thread

Civil discussion is welcomed but the personal attacks and baseless accusations have to stop. The problem is that the volume of noise has become so overwhelming that it makes actual discussions impractical.

Your constant deletion of every and any post that you disagree with makes "actual discussions impractical". What a joke.

When you refuse to take criticism and delete in nearly EVERY single thread; literally no one cares about your hinted promotion of the Ripple utility. In fact, I would be surprised if you were taken seriously ever again on these forums after your recent escapades of immaturity.

You have this EXACT graphic in your other XRP post - it is now considered spamming at this point. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211068.0
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:26:16 PM

If Ripple was not a scam, their advertisements would not require self-moderated threads to save face. Pathetic.
I've had countless forum discussions with people that showed the same attitude 2-3 years ago about a different revolutionary monetary system that was "a ponzi", "a scam trying to get you to run malicious code on your GPU", "fake funny money nobody will use" and "if they give it out for free on this faucet page, it must be worthless" called Bitcoin.

Compared to other forums the trolls and scam callers are quite civil here actually, in other forums they didn't hand out money to run advertisements though... Wink

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:28:21 PM

The idea of Ripple isn't that bad, but it needs work. The trust issue needs to be mitigated. Perhaps online Credit Unions can be formed to operate the Gateways. Bitcoin Bearer Bonds consisting of multisig transactions can help keep the operators honest. Perhaps WoT members can hold the bond.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
bitbitcoincoin

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:32:35 PM

I've had countless forum discussions with people that showed the same attitude 2-3 years ago about a different revolutionary monetary system that was "a ponzi", "a scam trying to get you to run malicious code on your GPU", "fake funny money nobody will use" and "if they give it out for free on this faucet page, it must be worthless" called Bitcoin.

Compared to other forums the trolls and scam callers are quite civil here actually, in other forums they didn't hand out money to run advertisements though... Wink

Except bitcoin had a vision, a philosophy behind it that Ripple shits on.  That's the main gripe with Ripple, not that it's another crypto, but that it's philosophically backwards.  Instead of building off what made bitcoin great(decentralized currency), it redirects us towards the establishment's(read: financial institutions) vision of the future; a centralized highly controlled tyranny.
AzureEngineer

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:36:01 PM

Ripple is money controlled by a single entity, not just any entity, a company. A company in it just to make money. They don't care about ideas or values, they just want money and they know Bitcoin fans have a lot of it. Ripple is nothing more than E-money controlled by a company instead of a government. Bitcoin is step forward, Ripple is step back to the stone age.

My name was simply a play on "Blue Engineer" from Team Fortress. I am not affiliated with Microsoft or the Azure project.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:54:18 PM

Ripple is money controlled by a single entity, not just any entity, a company. A company in it just to make money. They don't care about ideas or values, they just want money and they know Bitcoin fans have a lot of it. Ripple is nothing more than E-money controlled by a company instead of a government. Bitcoin is step forward, Ripple is step back to the stone age.
XRP might be, Ripple is not - even in the current opencoin implementation.

Ripple has also a philosophy and vision and had it already longer than Bitcoin exists. Also it is built in a way that focuses on decentralization, it would be much easier to build Paypal or Dwolla 2.0 and integrate an interface to Bitcoin if that was their goal than what opencoinRipple is trying to accomplish.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
SGExodus

Activity: 232

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:06:35 PM

This is a trick thread.   Anything you said in here must be completely opposite to stay valid Smiley
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:22:52 PM

This is a trick thread.   Anything you said in here must be completely opposite to stay valid Smiley
This post is false.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 08:26:23 PM

(: pılɐʌ ʎɐʇs oʇ ǝʇısoddo ʎlǝʇǝldɯoɔ ǝq ʇsnɯ ǝɹǝɥ uı pıɐs noʎ ƃuıɥʇʎu∀   ˙pɐǝɹɥʇ ʞɔıɹʇ ɐ sı sıɥ┴
˙ǝslɐɟ sı ʇsod sıɥ┴
˙spɹɐʍʞɔɐq puɐ uʍop ǝpısdn osl∀

BTC Books

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:41:37 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212490.0;all

G'day, mate.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
ktttn

Activity: 126

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 09:12:11 PM

What even am I reading? GTFO ripple.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: