Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 04:32:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MOD's where are you guys.  (Read 920 times)
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:48:56 AM

The problem with this forum is that it will be spammed with off topic posts and posts that consist of text that says "I don't know" to a question posted by the OP because of the forum restrictions for newbies.

I think they purposely don't Mod this forum as heavily because if they did, more than half the replies in this section would be deleted since they are worthless.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:10:18 PM

If you see someone commonly posting short worthless posts, let us know. However, if most of their posts are actually useful, we tend to give them some leeway. It's hard to check everybody, though. That being said, you would be surprised how many posts get deleted as a result of someone asking to be whitelisted  Tongue

If you're curious, kodo is queued for being reviewed by our administrator for banishment.

WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:14:52 PM

If you see someone commonly posting short worthless posts, let us know. However, if most of their posts are actually useful, we tend to give them some leeway. It's hard to check everybody, though. That being said, you would be surprised how many posts get deleted as a result of someone asking to be whitelisted  Tongue

If you're curious, kodo is queued for being reviewed by our administrator for banishment.

Thanks for the info!  and yes, I've gotten a bit more liberal with the "report to moderator" button! :-p
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:08:09 PM

Ive sent a message about my hacked account to a number of mods but nothings been done, Ive mesaged theymos who came online, but my message was ignored. The way this is going i may aswell leave this place because its a joke

I cannot stress this enough. And try to spread it around as best as possible. Check out the stay safe link in my sig or > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159424.msg1685280#msg1685280

Yeah, we're really starting to feel the pressure of having too much on our plates. Sadly, this is doubly true for theymos. He just doesn't like to delegate.

I could only imagine. Mods and theymos are excellent at what they do, and do what they can when they can.

i dont get it why dont you guys get some new mods on the team, hell if i get my other account back, ill offer to be a mdd
The problem is that it's very hard to find good new mods. However, if you want to be considered, the best way to do that is to start reporting posts that are off-topic or reporting threads that are in the wrong section. If we take action on over 60% of your reports, that is considered to be pretty good for someone who hasn't yet been properly trained in as a moderator here.

I'd love to become a mod, I just don't trust myself enough with anger issues and mind changing all the time, other than that, I believe I would be an excellent mod to help out. It just sux the way that I am. I've had experience before running a clan forum years back, but would need freshening up.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: