Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:12:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MOD's where are you guys.  (Read 915 times)
ahmedbodi (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:32:21 PM

Ive sent a message about my hacked account to a number of mods but nothings been done, Ive mesaged theymos who came online, but my message was ignored. The way this is going i may aswell leave this place because its a joke
woodrake

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 06:35:29 PM

I must also admit to frustration that the whitelist thread doesn't appear to be being actively monitored. It is hugely frustrating that I am still a newbie and am forced to loiter here for precious hours when frankly I have many better things to be doing in order to become approved. :/

Kate.

ahmedbodi (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:39:18 PM

exactly, the worst thing is the mod i was told to pm, came online after i pm'd him and blatantly ignored it, He may aswell just quit the way hes going. The altcoin subforums a mess. This whole forum is full of flaming about every other coin.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:41:11 PM

exactly, the worst thing is the mod i was told to pm, came online after i pm'd him and blatantly ignored it, He may aswell just quit the way hes going. The altcoin subforums a mess. This whole forum is full of flaming about every other coin.

Well, the solution is obvious. Kick out all altcoins.
ahmedbodi (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:43:14 PM

Or. The mods could make themselves useful and actually do the role they have or give it up to someone else.
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:05:10 PM

Newbie section doesnt have enough mods
ahmedbodi (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:16:38 PM

none of the sections do
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:25:10 PM

Yeah, we're really starting to feel the pressure of having too much on our plates. Sadly, this is doubly true for theymos. He just doesn't like to delegate.

ahmedbodi (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:38:19 PM

i dont get it why dont you guys get some new mods on the team, hell if i get my other account back, ill offer to be a mdd
masterblaster

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:55:57 PM

Thanks for the work you guys do do, I know you could all do much more with your time.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 08:00:54 PM

i dont get it why dont you guys get some new mods on the team, hell if i get my other account back, ill offer to be a mdd
The problem is that it's very hard to find good new mods. However, if you want to be considered, the best way to do that is to start reporting posts that are off-topic or reporting threads that are in the wrong section. If we take action on over 60% of your reports, that is considered to be pretty good for someone who hasn't yet been properly trained in as a moderator here.

mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:13:03 PM

Seriously complaining about having to wait in the newbie section?!?!!? seriously just calm the hell down. The wait time is there for a reason. If you would see how many scammers still make it through you would be happy to have to wait. We all had to do it an I never bothered the mods to be white listed. Lurk a little make a few post and before you know it you'll be in. The mods have much more important things to do than worry about some guy who is sick of waiting out his term as a newbie. Show a little respect for the mods!

As for "ignoring" your post. Were you sitting right next to him? Stop jumping to conclusions and calm down! Your disrespect for the mods is sickening
ahmedbodi (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:17:11 PM

actually i already have an account that isnt a newbie. Its been hacked. And what else do you think i sent him the message at 2:30 he came online at 5 and i sent him another one at 5:30. Atleast out of courtesy a mod could say that they've seen it and that they will sort it when they get round to it. Just so people know that its been read and that the mods are active.
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:22:21 PM

LOl you dont get it do you. Maybe he opened the page and walked away without looking. Maybe he was shot in the face as he opened it. You just don't know. Again, stop jumping to conclusions and calm down. How was your account hacked? Maybe better security on your end is the answer?
Bunny84

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:29:12 PM

Mods? they are not exist. It is only our imagination!
Doubletime

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:32:11 PM

Maybe he was shot in the face as he opened it.

haha of all the things you could have picked.... getting some love, called away by naked twins, passed out from celebration drinks etc etc .. and you pick that one.  love it!
ahmedbodi (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:26:09 PM

agreed. And it was a keylogger or virus in the goldcoin client i downloaded as far as i believe. You do realise that the majority of those scenarios have something like a  1 in a million chance. right?
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:53:18 AM

agreed. And it was a keylogger or virus in the goldcoin client i downloaded as far as i believe. You do realise that the majority of those scenarios have something like a  1 in a million chance. right?

Well I just so happen to come back to my pc with bitcointalk open almost everday so not even close to a 1 in a million chance. What if he had 50 new pm's and your somehow got missed? What if he signed in and only had a moment to check for a new coin? What if he opened it and someone knocked on the door and he never went back. I'm just saying there are over a million things that could have happened besides him simply ignoring you. Mods have life too they do not get paid for this and If i were a mod and saw you whining about how you pmed a mod saw he signed in and didnt resolve your issue i would put you at the bottom of the list behind the people that were patient and respectfull

EDIT: Proof? Was it a client downloaded from a 3rd party? There is deff no keylogger or virus ever reported by any member of this forum. Did you download trucoin's Liquidcoin revival client? That has a known virus in it.
ahmedbodi (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:45:59 AM

nope, there was a goldcoin client which some fake user had put up which is apparently modified to contain a virus
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:37:54 AM

nope, there was a goldcoin client which some fake user had put up which is apparently modified to contain a virus

Ya Its been happening a lot lately I always download straight from the main [ann] thread for this very reason. Just too many shady people out there. Maybe your account will show up here in a few days slinging fud about all altcoins
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: