Bitcoin Forum
February 23, 2017, 02:51:49 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.2  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Low rewards from Slush's mining pool?  (Read 6855 times)
aim6i

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:41:30 PM

I love deepbit for their transparency but the pool's fee of 3% is too much in my opinion. Other pools do it just based on donations. And 3% is really much more than they need for their server's infrastructure.

“I hate predictions. They never turn out when I make them.” Words of wisdom by Keith Richards
1EUtP8NHwAoa51dg7kQUkucHk2GJ1FFmvH
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
staraptor

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 03:35:34 PM

yep - way too high fee
X68N

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 03:50:52 PM

I'm trying the Mt Red pool and it seems like every pool reports my Mhash/s to be <100 at all times. I'm thinking something may be wrong with my miner..  or is this normal?

in the first hour/s it is normal,
after 3 hours it should be nearly rorrect (+-15%)

but it depends on your Card how mush Mhash shows the miner?

Coinbase - All your money are belong to us  Cheesy -> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us
Tr0gledyte

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 10:34:28 PM

I'm trying the Mt Red pool and it seems like every pool reports my Mhash/s to be <100 at all times. I'm thinking something may be wrong with my miner..  or is this normal?

in the first hour/s it is normal,
after 3 hours it should be nearly rorrect (+-15%)

but it depends on your Card how mush Mhash shows the miner?

I have a HD6850, my miner says 225 Mhash/s and BTCguild says 95 Mhash/s after a few hours.  Huh
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 07:50:55 AM

Ook, SORRY if i was wrong taht is not your pool.
I sawed this twice so i was thinking it was yours.
What's "it"? I mentioned several pools.

In case you meant Multipool then I guess a clarification is in order.
Most pools use the proportional system, which is vulnerable to the pool-hopping cheat. So far this has only been a problem in theory because hopping wasn't rampant. Multipool is a recently opened meta-pool which forwards its participants to proportional pools in a hopping pattern. This means that:
1. As long as Multipool is working correctly, people who mine for multipool will receive a higher reward on average than solo (as opposed to any other pool which is at or below solo levels).
2. Now that Multipool exists, proportional pools have a much more serious hopping problem, and this may cause a noticeable decrease in the rewards of those who mine for them.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
X68N

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 12:29:50 PM

@Meni Rosenfeld "it": i mean that i saw this case at least twice.
But like i said sorry that i was wrong.

Back to topic:
I tried now Deepbit, but for me i pays 10% less in proportional and 15% less in PPS.
So FOR ME with my 300Mhash-card Slush's pool with the score system is the best paying pool.
:-)

Coinbase - All your money are belong to us  Cheesy -> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us
cracker013

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:34:29 PM

same thing happened to me. I'm using S7. any recommendation guys for the best pool so far? thanks
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.