Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:19:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Slow BTC Network  (Read 995 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Yoandy10 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:05:00 AM

Well fellas, it took two different transaction about an hour each to get just three confirmations. Does this have to do with the fork? Or is it because a lot more people are using bitcoin?
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:30:24 AM

Well fellas, it took two different transaction about an hour each to get just three confirmations. Does this have to do with the fork? Or is it because a lot more people are using bitcoin?

Well, this depends. I havent really tested out the network since all the shit (the fork, segwit, bitcoincash sweet jesus its been crazy). but, what were your fees looking like when you sent the transaction, and what time of day did you originate the transaction? latent network congestion is always a factor, and despite the changes, a low ball fee will make you wait. with that being said, once you get confirmed, the subsequent confirmations should roll along at a steady clip, if all is well. 20 minute confirmations are kinda the norm for me at the moment (i usually transact in DOGE/ETH for the very reason, the speed is vastly superior, let alone the fees).
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:38:32 AM

I need to see the transaction to make a fair judgement to be completely honest.

Based on a very, very general and abstract guess, I would assume that the only issues with the network that you could be experiencing right now are either having a really low (or potentially non-existent) fee, or the confirmations were just having really wild timing. A lot of my transactions don't even start to get confirmations for about 30 minutes, and then it takes at least an hour to get 3-4. This has been the same since I started using Bitcoin to be entirely fair.
pawanjain

Activity: 2688
Merit: 715

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:03:13 AM

there may be multiple reasons for slow confirmations of transactions
1) paying low transaction fee
2) slow connectivity on the network
3) issues due to segwit and other stuff
4) maintenance issues etc..
we dont really know why it would take a particular time for a transaction.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:17:34 AM

Does this have to do with the fork? Or is it because a lot more people are using bitcoin?
No fork doesn't have any direct impact on bitcoin transactions but after split on august many miners have shifted towards bitcoin cash mining from bitcoin. Mining difficulty is adjusted at certain time and it happened few days ago when there was lots of miner for bitcoin so difficulty was quite high but after adjustment many miners have left mining bitcoin and start mining bitcoincash because it is profitable, thats why right now because of less miners and high difficulty blocks are being mined in more than 10 minutes that is causing congestion on bitcoin network.

This will be solved on next difficulty adjustment...

This chart shows changes in mining difficulty for bitcoin over time https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty
revswim93

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:31:11 AM

I always use the ViaBTC transaction accelerator. I dont agree with ViaBTCs politics 100% but the transaction accelerator works great.

https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:32:26 AM

I actually have been having the same problems as you man, and it really is irritating and testing my patience. Specially now that i need it as soon as possible. I really don't know the reason why this is happening. But a friend of mine told me that the reasons maybe the slow internet connection(which is pretty common here in my olace), spams in the network that people who are trying to take advantage of the current split are doing or choosing low fee transactions. So maby one of those is really the reason for this problem. I just hope this gets fixed soon.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:37:59 AM

Why are blocks so slow? Because a lot of miners (most associated with Bitmain) are mining BCash since it's slightly more profitable atm.
 there are ~79k transactions stuck in the mempool. 104 blocks have been found in last 24 hours instead of the normal 144 blocks.
That's 40 blocks less (in 24 hours) than during normal 10 min blocks. With ~2000 txs per block that's roughly ~80k txs, so no more backlog. And Segwit might be active, many exchanges and wallets haven't switched yet to segwit compatible addresses, I expect that to start next week.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:53:18 AM

I think the first question here is how much are you willing to pay for your transactions to the miners. You know the game of transactions, the bigger the fee, the faster the confirmation. Maybe just follow the suggested fee of your wallet to not experience any problems . And  I think it has nothing to do with the fork but the fee because this is a problem even before the fork happened.
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:55:31 AM

We're supposed to start using Bitcoin Cash. It's soon to be the real Bitcoin.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3843

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:00:37 AM

I actually have been having the same problems as you man, and it really is irritating and testing my patience. Specially now that i need it as soon as possible. I really don't know the reason why this is happening. But a friend of mine told me that the reasons maybe the slow internet connection(which is pretty common here in my olace), spams in the network that people who are trying to take advantage of the current split are doing or choosing low fee transactions. So maby one of those is really the reason for this problem. I just hope this gets fixed soon.

It's definitely not because of you having slow connection. One of the biggest reasons is because the network couldn't handle the influx of transactions that's coming through. Miners are currently in a sort of "see-saw" between BTC and BCC/BCH since mining profitability is shifting, hence the miners are going back and forth between BTC and BCC/BCH. Fewer miners = fewer blocks that's being mined.

Currently we have a total of 86868 unconfirmed transactions, yep.  Sad

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:03:25 AM

I always use the ViaBTC transaction accelerator. I dont agree with ViaBTCs politics 100% but the transaction accelerator works great.

Yes its great and I have used them before and got confirmation on my transactions within few hours during huge congestion on bitcoin network.

But you have to be first 100 users to successfully include your transaction in their queue, this resets every hours (GMT time/Forum Time)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:05:30 AM

what is your problem exactly?
is it the fact that your transaction was confirmed after a long time?
or is it the fact that it had 3 confirmation after a long time?

the first one can be because of low fee, high number of unconfirmed transactions, full blocks, miners finding blocks with a delay (maybe a lower hashrate issue), and also some miners finding empty blocks.

but the first one has only 1 reason, and that is miners aren't finding blocks. and that is a difficulty thing, and it is common from time to time when there is a bigger gap between the blocks that are being found so your see 3 confirmation after an hour for example instead of half an hour!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
ReindeerOnMe

Activity: 245
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:09:40 AM

We're supposed to start using Bitcoin Cash. It's soon to be the real Bitcoin.

LOL, It may be the ideas of the creator of bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto, but I think it will not be the bitcoin that we will be using everyday but the altcoin forked out of real bitcoin's block chain. Bitcoin Segwit will still be the original bitcoin in the eyes of the users.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1666

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:12:17 AM

Yes its great and I have used them before and got confirmation on my transactions within few hours during huge congestion on bitcoin network.

But you have to be first 100 users to successfully include your transaction in their queue, this resets every hours (GMT time/Forum Time)

No doubt, I have used their service before and was able to get confirmations and good thing it is for free. But as you have mentioned, they only accepts first 100 users so you have to wait before getting your transaction to be confirmation. But it really works.

Why are blocks so slow? Because a lot of miners (most associated with Bitmain) are mining BCash since it's slightly more profitable atm.
 there are ~79k transactions stuck in the mempool. 104 blocks have been found in last 24 hours instead of the normal 144 blocks.
That's 40 blocks less (in 24 hours) than during normal 10 min blocks. With ~2000 txs per block that's roughly ~80k txs, so no more backlog. And Segwit might be active, many exchanges and wallets haven't switched yet to segwit compatible addresses, I expect that to start next week.

I think Antpool is mining empty blocks that's why the network is congested. I don't know what they don't mine using Segwit software as it was agreed up and it seems that they are doing is on purpose. On the other hand they are losing $100K for not mining Segwit transaction. We may never know the real reason behind why they are acting like this.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
leonair

Activity: 1246
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:21:51 AM

Actually Not only you is experiencing this kind of slow sending of payment for Bitcoin, even me I experience it too but I think the main reason behind it is just simply supply and demand. We all know that in able to mine a good hashes for bitcoin you need the latest technology of Bitmain and that is the antminers and many of this miners switch to mine Bitcoin Cash instead of mining Bitcoin continuously so with this the supply of the transaction that is being made with Bitcoin is not met up that is result to congestion and high fees that is resulted to this kind of slow network that you are telling.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Hagmonar

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:29:28 AM

Sometimes even me also like that and when i check the blockchain record there so many adresses fall in line waiting for a confirmation somatimes fast and sometimes also too slow its because a lot of people withdrawing there bitcoins and transfer to there own wallet
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:00:33 AM

Sometimes even me also like that and when i check the blockchain record there so many adresses fall in line waiting for a confirmation somatimes fast and sometimes also too slow its because a lot of people withdrawing there bitcoins and transfer to there own wallet
Most users experiencing this slow btc network because I think the higher the demand the slower transaction. Yes when you check the blockchain record it has so many awaiting to be on process the confirmation. So it become slower btc transactions the demand is increasing. But hope there will be a correction.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:15:59 AM

Because there are a lot more of users that can pay more for their bitcoin to be transacted. There are some individuals that are always pissed with how the confirmations go but I think it is just how they handle the transaction. If they will be just paying a good fee for their transaction, there will be no problem.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:22:47 AM

I guess hash power s been switching betweer BTC and BCC, this is just a temporary phenomenon since large mines re going to increase their hash on both networks due to increased profitability. Not to mention BTC lighting network will be here soon.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: