Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:34:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: low hashrate with one of my gtx 1060  (Read 579 times)
Defqon (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:55:04 AM

Hello guys,

I have built a mining rig with 3 gtx 1060, out of the box two of them are mining with around 19 MH/s, if i overclock them, they can stable run around 23 MH/s.
The third card appears to be problematic, out of the box it is only mining around 15 MH/s, if i start to overclock it only a bit, claymore givers me a error message:
"GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure. GPU 0, GpuMiner kx failed 1" together with a "error 999" message.
After that, the hashrate of all cards drop to 2 MH/s and i have to restart my system.

what i have tried so far:

- solo mining with the problematic card
- Using different pci-e slots for the problematic card
- reinstall the latest BIOS-Driver
- reinstall the latest nvidia gpu driver
still only 15 MH/s and no overclocking possible

My setup:
GPU: 3x gtx 1060 zotac mini
Motherboard: msi z170a sli plus
4gb of ram

Has anyone the same problem or an idea how to solve it?
I'm thankful for every suggestion!
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:01:00 AM

Weong section im afraid. This should be in the Mining Altcoins section. Im sure a mod will move it soon. Have you run GPU-z and determined what memory brand you have? My guess is the 15Mh card is Hynix and the other two are Micron. Hynix memory isnt good for overclocking. Micron is better and gets around the 23Mh mark and Samsung will edge up to 24.5Mh.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Defqon (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:10:23 AM

sry my bad.
I've tried it just now and you are right, the two "good" cards are micron and the "bad" one is hynix.
So what you are saying is, it is just not possible to get a better hashrate with this one?
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:44:48 AM

Yes, it's a common problem with Hynix memory in Nvidia Cards. As Hynix doesn't like to be overclocked much in memory parameter which causes them to underperform in comparison to their counterparts. It'll still go 18 if you find a stable setting for your card. Try +100 OC in memory and if its stable give another +50 until you hit errors.
joshuaj

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:35:19 AM

Yes, it's a common problem with Hynix memory in Nvidia Cards. As Hynix doesn't like to be overclocked much in memory parameter which causes them to underperform in comparison to their counterparts. It'll still go 18 if you find a stable setting for your card. Try +100 OC in memory and if its stable give another +50 until you hit errors.

Interesting topic, I did not realize that memory brand of gpu cause a lot of difference in mining hashrate. Then it seems like Hynix is not a good memory module to use.

gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:46:51 PM

I have even found it with different models of cards. I have 5 Asus dual 1060's. Three of them are the "OC" and two are the regular type. The regular ones dont like being clocked as high as the "OC" ones but only by a small margin. Still manage to squeeze 23.7Mh out of them. The "OC" ones i coild get 24.5Mh.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
joshuaj

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:24:20 PM

I have even found it with different models of cards. I have 5 Asus dual 1060's. Three of them are the "OC" and two are the regular type. The regular ones dont like being clocked as high as the "OC" ones but only by a small margin. Still manage to squeeze 23.7Mh out of them. The "OC" ones i coild get 24.5Mh.

Of course OC model is better than regular one, as it is designed to OC. But your regular one not bad though with 23.7Mh/s.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: