Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:23:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alot of ICOs around, which one is scam free?  (Read 3339 times)
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 05:22:12 PM

Am actually new to cryptocurrency and I heard there are lot of scammers in crypto, I will like to hear from you guys, which of the ongoing ICO is legit and promising.
As an investors you need to review first all of the project before investing I my self also do that  it will not guarantee that it will give you High profit but atleast can reduce the risk before entering.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the-doctor

Activity: 542
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:25:11 PM

I got these kind of questions from my tweeter followers and my answer usually is that no answer can be followed blindly without doing research yourserf.. Looking back there are so successful ico where didnt expected and vice verso . So ... DYOR

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Kuchiyose

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:29:04 PM

I can't be sure which projects will be promising and reliable to do. Smiley
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:31:26 PM

Am actually new to cryptocurrency and I heard there are lot of scammers in crypto, I will like to hear from you guys, which of the ongoing ICO is legit and promising.
I would recommend that you read and dig deep about a certain project before you can even consider investing. You heart will tell you once you start reading about a certain project whether its a scam or not. You should read and understand their whitepaper, this will help you understand what the project is all about. But they are a lot of ICOs which are ongoing and they are looking promising. I would recommend that you consider investing in social, dimcoin, opus (not sure if the ICO ended or not)

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:35:09 PM

if you do not want to get lost you should first learn about ico concept.

You need to know, a perpesonal can be fooled, it is the foresight and thoroughness we assess an ico project.

you can start from reading an ico concept that you are researching, seeing from their team, dev.
before you invest.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:40:46 PM

Learn first before decides to buy crypto coin, you must know the risk before doing something. You can learn from friends, web or group to develop your knowledge. Actually, we never know where is legit or scam coin. Most trader/ investor only see from concept ( whitepaper ), dev team and also exchanger to sell the coin. Believe or not, sometimes real market has their own answer. I only suggest learning by doing, let's jump into real market to try your strategy. Experience will give lesson how to decides the best coin to buy. Have a nice day.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Xclusive5 (OP)

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:09:07 PM

Every ICO that raises more then $300,000 is a scam.
It doesn't require more than that to develop something, launch it, and prove it is viable in the market.
If viable in the market, more money will flow in and the developers who held some coins can sell to obtain more funding if they need.

ICOs raise $millions so that they take money from idiots.
Or they buy the tokens from themselves to obscure that they own most of the money supply, so they can manipulate the price to take more money from idiots.

However, as long as there is a fresh supply of new idiots coming into crypto on a regular basis,
those who are complicit in the scam by buying the ICO, can find some greater fools to sell the bags to and cash out with a gain.

But if another crypto winter comes… and the oversupply of scam tokens may eventually exceed the flow of new greater fools coming in…

We're clearly in an ICO bubble and probably overdue for a wipeout…

The idea sounds confusing

Xclusive5 (OP)

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:03:17 PM

Thanks everyone

Proximity Scan

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:05:34 PM

I would recommend that you read and dig deep about a certain project before you can even consider investing. You heart will tell you once you start reading about a certain project whether its a scam or not. You should read and understand their whitepaper, this will help you understand what the project is all about. But they are a lot of ICOs which are ongoing and they are looking promising. I would recommend that you consider investing in social, dimcoin, opus (not sure if the ICO ended or not)

Yeah that's true, I always check the white paper and other documents very carefully. And if the project is a legit one, you really feel this while reading their document. The team members are also another important factor. If they're real people with nice career, this is also a good point to enter that ICO.
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:15:22 PM

The best thing how to identify the scam ICO campaign or not, look at the developers and people created the campaign how many information they provided for themselfs mostly companies not giving that information and missing it, second check the ANN thread and white paper and  if all of the points been reminded and the main page design because they should invest in to that a lot of money to show that they are intrested on that

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
phoenixdowndee

Activity: 1036
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:23:20 PM

For me there are a few signs to look for in a ICO

- Strong team - Both in development team and also the CEO's / marketing (no point having a great team to create something, if nobody can advertsie it and push the startup in the right direction.
- Realistic vision - not aiming too high or if they do not reach their target everyone who invested will be disappointed
- Solid whitepaper - Well thought out, shows realistic goals, a strong good vision and a plan of action
- Strong social media presence - A social media that shows they are connected with everyone
- Good customer support - Shows they care, and they have invested time and money into making sure the average investor can ask questions
- Good website - A business who is willing to throw time and effort into a good website are less likely to be a scam
- finite supply - ICO's with no cap can be dangerous and can simply just damage their own coin by releasing more for more investment.
-Market they are getting involved with - Is this a new market? or a dying one? who controls the market?

Finally
- Good concept and catchy name - A good ethos and a name that makes them stand out. Personally i would avoid anything that is something "coin".

If these are in place, then it's a good sign. I am looking at Crowdholding at the minute, seems like a good upcoming ICO (They are in their pre-sale)

https://ico.crowdholding.com/
coolzzz

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

Coins

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:49:05 PM

All you can do is really check out the specific ICO you would like to invest in.
Best is to check if they actually have a product and if everything seems legit.

Maybe also join their Slack and Telegram and dont be too eager to buy Smiley

Investigate and check the forums alot.

melted349

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:48:32 PM

As an investors you need to review first all of the project before investing I my self also do that  it will not guarantee that it will give you High profit but atleast can reduce the risk before entering.
Agree with that it can be your advantage if you study the first the project you are scam free for it . Study first.
industria77

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:08:55 AM

in addition to what everyone else has said regarding doing your own research and vetting both the team and the idea for substance, keep in mind that even if the ICO itself isn't a scam there are plenty of ways to get hacked: make sure to secure your own information well, have good general password and personal security habits, use reputable service providers when you have to, learn to leverage cold storage where appropriate, and stay alert and up-to-date. Some great tips:
* http://jasondrowley.com/2016/08/06/simple-security-best-practices-for-bitcoin-users-and-investors/
yonghongtang

Activity: 483

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:38:43 AM

Before you invest, you should research them yourself, no one knows it's a scam or not, I am serious.Scam often been found after it's happened, not before.
Pasnik

Activity: 649

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:38:47 AM

All you can do is really check out the specific ICO you would like to invest in.
Best is to check if they actually have a product and if everything seems legit.

Maybe also join their Slack and Telegram and dont be too eager to buy Smiley

Investigate and check the forums alot.
Those scams ICO are very intelligent to get investors. They have planned to get investors and sounds their project is good, scam is everywhere. Better lets do some research and read the feedback about their project if its worth investing.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
jzone23

Activity: 194

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:06:08 AM

Make your own research about the ICO you are interested to make an investment. Its advisable to check the dev team and project overview and whitepaoer of an ICO. As many ICO ongoin and upcoming there are also lots of scam ICO also and unfortunately some of this scam looks genuine so dont make fast decision putting your money on certain ICO without doing full reasearch and assessment first.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
Nalienn

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:37:03 AM

I've just written an article on Steemit about AiCoin. It goes into great detail about it's potentials and I've briefed due diligence as well. Here's a link to the Steemit article click. Alternatively you can check the promoted section, it should be the first post.
riffaz

Activity: 148

eCommerce Web Developer & Customer Support -remote

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:59:48 AM

I am reading the same advise, same techniques same questions.. again and again...

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

riffaz

Activity: 148

eCommerce Web Developer & Customer Support -remote

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:01:34 AM

I've just written an article on Steemit about AiCoin. It goes into great detail about it's potentials and I've briefed due diligence as well. Here's a link to the Steemit article click. Alternatively you can check the promoted section, it should be the first post.

are you getting any commission from them?  Tongue Tongue

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: