Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:35:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best organization for spreading crypto adoption?  (Read 955 times)
RidleyReport (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:51:17 AM

This is a poll of sorts that I will probably draw on to write an article. What do you think is the world's most effective organization when it comes to increasing crypto use?
I would define more specifically as "the institution which has done more to increase crypto adoption than any other, between August 2016 and August 2017."
Who do you think is the world's most effective *individual* by the same standards?

I'll let you add the options, if that's allowed.

Want freedom? Move to New Hampshire! FreeStateProject.org
Want secession? Same drill! NHexit.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:54:29 AM

Bitcoin is made by people for the people so I also think that it should be the people who spread bitcoin instead of a centralized institution.
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:34:43 PM

Obviously the most popular ones that everyone knows will be the best way to spread. If Google invests in Bitcoins in a large scale, it would probably increase awareness around the world, same goes to any large companies out there. Tongue

If Microsoft installs a Bitcoin Wallet in every computer, or your local supermarket/mall accepts Bitcoin, you can get people to start using them too. Smiley

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 06:12:27 PM

I really don't have any idea about the work on an international level but in my country, I would say Unocoin is doing very well on that front. Recently they encouraged 50+ merchants from offline markets to accept Bitcoin.

* Indian Bitcoin Hotspot Bangalore Sees 50+ Merchants Added This Month - Bitcoin News.

I know in a country with over 1.32+ billion people, the above-mentioned number might be almost negligible but I think we should encourage such activities because we must start it somewhere and eventually that drop will turn in to an ocean. I really appreciate the efforts of Unocoin for this initiative.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:22:40 PM

I really don't have any idea about the work on an international level but in my country, I would say Unocoin is doing very well on that front. Recently they encouraged 50+ merchants from offline markets to accept Bitcoin.

* Indian Bitcoin Hotspot Bangalore Sees 50+ Merchants Added This Month - Bitcoin News.

I know in a country with over 1.32+ billion people, the above-mentioned number might be almost negligible but I think we should encourage such activities because we must start it somewhere and eventually that drop will turn in to an ocean. I really appreciate the efforts of Unocoin for this initiative.

Yesh, I also heard about this news. It will really help the bitcoin community to grow in India. More such steps should be taken to bring the bitcoins in the mainstream market.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:22:47 PM

Every person as an individual is the best "organization" for bitcoin adoption. The more people use it, more people will hear about it and more businesses will adopt it. I've talked and got more people into bitcoin myself than some local bitcoin organization.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
doomloop

Activity: 2268
Merit: 581

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:49:28 PM

Bitcoin is made by people for the people so I also think that it should be the people who spread bitcoin instead of a centralized institution.
for sure bitcoin is a public currency and anyone can use bitcoin without any restriction and it should be spread by the public on high level because it will increase the value of the bitcoin and every men has some knowledge about bitcoin so if they will share with each other it will make bitcoin grow very fast. Sharing our knowledge with others cam make us earn some money as well and we can spread bitcoin with the help of the TV advertisements well teat will be profitable a lot.

Dudeperfect

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 05:23:21 PM

Yesh, I also heard about this news. It will really help the bitcoin community to grow in India. More such steps should be taken to bring the bitcoins in the mainstream market.

I would also like to appreciate the upcoming projects of these companies. Zebpay is trying to allow us the payment of electricity, landline bills directly using Bitcoins (without converting it into INR). We can use our Unocoin Bitcoin balance to buy Bookmyshow, Mobikwick balance but that's similar to converting Bitcoins into fiat currency which is not much interesting in my opinion. I am expecting these companies to allow direct Bitcoin payments through invoice system like Bitpay.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:07:22 PM

I do not know if a website like LocalBitcoins can be taken into account in this matter, because in my personal opinion it has contributed a lot for normal individuals from all over the world to interact, get to know each other and make exchanges through bitcoin, creating an active community even in the most distant regions of the planet and helping to seek an active adoption even among those who saw bitcoin as something too intangible to be real.

In Mexico, this work is being carried out by a company called Bitso, which has made great efforts to make known the bitcoin in this country of 120 million inhabitants.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:23:51 PM

I would also like to appreciate the upcoming projects of these companies. Zebpay is trying to allow us the payment of electricity, landline bills directly using Bitcoins (without converting it into INR). We can use our Unocoin Bitcoin balance to buy Bookmyshow, Mobikwick balance but that's similar to converting Bitcoins into fiat currency which is not much interesting in my opinion. I am expecting these companies to allow direct Bitcoin payments through invoice system like Bitpay.

These site seems so helpful in Indian sub continent apart there are many sites to use to recharge the mobile number anywhere in world like the sites bitrefill. You can book the flight tickets using the site called cheapair.com. Using purse site to purchase the things in online sites to get the daily usage props.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
█████▄               ▄█████
NamedUser

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:27:55 PM

I'd say anyone that is mediating the bridge between cryptocurrency and fiat is the person who is helping the most with mass adoption. Exchanges, crypto debit cards or anything like that. If it's easy to buy and use them it's easier for people to wrap their head around it. I'm assuming when bitcoins do become mainstream they'll be very very easy to use by then and will be a little more similar to our traditional fiat spending is. Debit cards, possibly credit cards and smart people can hold their own bitcoins but people who don't understand them will be able to store them somewhere and pay a fee to store them there or of course that institution could lend them out and we'll all get screwed over when that ponzi fails. History usually gets repeated. It's unfortunate but true.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:15:15 PM

Most viral marketing campaigns are grassroots, word-of-mouth, type things.

That's the best method of spreading something from a historical perspective. Organizations can spend as much as they want. It doesn't mean they'll receive a lot of views or get a lot of attention or public focus on something.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:05:25 AM

I think it would be best if big shopping malls in America and rest of the world starts accepting the bitcoin. They will push the bitcoin world very far as they are the daily life need provider and a good place to start with. Merchants like Pizza Hut, dominos, Burger King should also start with it as they are biggest food industries in the world. There are lots of individual for bitcoin growth but they should accept it from the third world.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:24:56 AM

Yes, there is actually no need for a specific institution or a specialized group to help spread or campaign for the use and acceptance of Bitcoin because this is a decentralized thing and we already the people who are sharing the beauty and possibilities of Bitcoin all over the world. Those businesses doing their things with Bitcoin are also effective actually in spreading Bitcoin. And Bitcoin is now regularly pick up by the mainstream media. Plus it is all over the internet.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:53:51 AM

This is a poll of sorts that I will probably draw on to write an article. What do you think is the world's most effective organization when it comes to increasing crypto use?
I would define more specifically as "the institution which has done more to increase crypto adoption than any other, between August 2016 and August 2017."
Who do you think is the world's most effective *individual* by the same standards?

I'll let you add the options, if that's allowed.
I would have to say that the most efficient and effective organization would like be the news conglomerates that end up normalizing Bitcoin through their repeated articles and pieces of news. Regardless of whether or not they are always glowing articles about Bitcoin, and can often be talking about bad things that Bitcoin is involved in, they still bring it into the "normal" consciousness and it to longer becomes something that more people know about and may end up interested in.

As for individuals, I have absolutely no idea.
Dudeperfect

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 05:16:57 AM

These site seems so helpful in Indian sub continent apart there are many sites to use to recharge the mobile number anywhere in world like the sites bitrefill. You can book the flight tickets using the site called cheapair.com. Using purse site to purchase the things in online sites to get the daily usage props.

I haven't used Purse or Cheapair but while talking about Bitfill, I am little sceptical about it because the India is still a developing country and getting into the digital era and with a population of 1.32 Billion+ it will take some time for the complete transformation. The average cost of the mobile top up is around Rs.50 which is less than a one US dollar so using Bitcoin for a micro transaction is not a cost friendly option for most of the users. However, for the larger amount, I think it could prove beneficial.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:45:43 AM

I haven't used Purse or Cheapair but while talking about Bitfill, I am little sceptical about it because the India is still a developing country and getting into the digital era and with a population of 1.32 Billion+ it will take some time for the complete transformation. The average cost of the mobile top up is around Rs.50 which is less than a one US dollar so using Bitcoin for a micro transaction is not a cost friendly option for most of the users. However, for the larger amount, I think it could prove beneficial.

I understand your concern bro. Henceforth, these little cost for refill the mobile number around 1 USD it won't work at all. Cheapair has the option to purchase the flight ticket to destination you are wish to travel, please try one time you can understand it. Purse is the way to buy things like you do in Amazon or eBay to get the things.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
█████▄               ▄█████
RidleyReport (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:32:43 PM

Thanks for all the responses folks... It's so good to see how the internet is really multinational now after all those years of being an American show.  It seems like I notice that more in connection with bitcoin than anything else.  

The reason I asked this question "what's the best institution for spreading adoption..." is this:  I was inspired by the folks in a German town which discourages neo nazi activity by donating to an anti-neo-nazi organization every time the nazis show up.   I was wondering if the crypto community might be able to use that as a model when the "government shows up" and arrests bitcoiners.   i.e., maybe each arrest of a certain type automatically triggers a donation to some proven bitcoin-spreading organization or basket of organizations.

Further, I'm wondering if any of the existing blockchain smart contract protocols might be better to use for this than something like indigogo or gofundme.    any ideas?  

I don't have the power to make it all happen, but I'm trying to write an article laying out the concept and a scenario for how it might work.

Want freedom? Move to New Hampshire! FreeStateProject.org
Want secession? Same drill! NHexit.com
Oroplata

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:31:02 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Social media organizations are effectively increasing crypto adoption. The likes of Facebook, Twitter, Telegram and Snapchat were being used for crypto currency bounties.
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:21:57 PM

The Internet audience is always more active. Most are young people. They have a whole life ahead and they can easily succumb to adventure. The majority of the world's population is 50+. Such people are more conservative. And promote bitcoin among them, the Internet will be difficult.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: