Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:37:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Burger King in cryptocurrency  (Read 2541 times)
crockus22

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:25:48 AM

Hi

Could someone who is on the ground confirm that its not a hoax?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VPoro

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:28:26 AM

what do you about the new coin whoppercoin? it was launched by burger king in russia
source: http://amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2017/08/25/burger-king-russia-cryptocurrency-whoppercoin/?source=dam
See it on news last week. How excited! People should protect their burger account now

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:16:53 AM

it sounds interesting but it is far from practical. it is too limited. you see a real cryptocurrency should be easily used everywhere, they might as well have given everyone coupons on a paper because both of them are going to do the same and a piece of paper is much easier to use than a cryptocurrency. and everyone can use it too.
in other words they have just complicated things for no reason!

when a shop or franchise starts accepting bitcoin, it is bitcoin, you can use it everywhere, you can get your change back in the same way. it is not limited only to that shop. so the hardness of using it is justifiable at least.

not to mention that with your own internal altcoin, you will have to explain to every single customer how it is going to work!

A great comment explaining why this is useless even if it will stand for long time.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
mister_john

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:12:35 AM

Good idea. I want buy kingburger and use my bitcoin.
better spend your btc for more reasonable aims. Or keep btc in wallet: after few months you'll be able to buy twice more burgers than now.
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:20:59 AM

gotta eat burgger king every day. well this is a good news, that cryptocurrency can be use to buy a food especialy this famous burger king. i hope this thing would attract all other food business to adopt blockchain and accept cryptocurrency as a trade item.

Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:09:15 AM

better spend your btc for more reasonable aims. Or keep btc in wallet: after few months you'll be able to buy twice more burgers than now.
I think that is not impossible for burger king to offer bitcoin as a payment of their produce because it a very big company already so no wonder if they can buy bitcoin in whatever the price it may be. Unlike other companies don't recognize how great is to use bitcoin in making money of it or in earning coins. It's really good when bitcoin came out in the economy. Only then government must agree everything in bitcoin's benefit in everyone's country. Hope this will be more profitable.
Altcoinster

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:20:58 AM

I dont think that burger king has a nice futures in the cryptocurrency markets. I mean theyre selling burgers and fries  Grin

I think it was just a very good PR for burger king to get some new customers. But it was also good for waves to get more attention in the russian crypto market. But anyways, i am not happy that theyre just giving out Whoppercoins at russia. I want to have a whoppercoin just to be on board Cheesy
saffa

Activity: 147

Good Promotion

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:02:09 PM

what do you about the new coin whoppercoin? it was launched by burger king in russia
source: http://amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2017/08/25/burger-king-russia-cryptocurrency-whoppercoin/?source=dam

very good at it.
whoppercoin is a digital asset in wavesplatform it seems.
Funeral Wreaths

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:16:28 PM

I think that is not impossible for burger king to offer bitcoin as a payment of their produce because it a very big company already so no wonder if they can buy bitcoin in whatever the price it may be. Unlike other companies don't recognize how great is to use bitcoin in making money of it or in earning coins. It's really good when bitcoin came out in the economy. Only then government must agree everything in bitcoin's benefit in everyone's country. Hope this will be more profitable.
i have heard a lot lately about burger king accepting bitcoin as payment. well actually who really knows, maybe it might be the start for some businesses that they would adapt bitcoin as their payment, not only burger king but i already heard numerous merchants and stores that accepts bitcoin. well actually i never tried buying some at burger king using bitcoin though.
jhonbravo

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:11:58 PM

Oh man! this whoppercoin is for keeps. I have 5 whoppercoins in my wallet bought by my waves. Honestly, I do not care about its potential but all I care about is the free burgers.  Roll Eyes

From Where did you bought Whoppercoins ? please share the link

thanks
regards
jzale

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:35:17 PM

I hope this will be a feature to all branches of Burger King worldwide. I think it would establish more connection to everybody that is interested in the whoppercoins. It will be a great attraction to all crypto people around the world with Burger King.
Solutionbenedicts

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:12:40 PM

Well if one talks about it being a marketing strategy then it's a good one.. But it's not an ideal investment destination because of a few facts. First being that the market value of this coin doesn't depend on any economical factors but on pure personal judgement.. Today we have burger king.. Who knows what we might end up with 5 years down the lane.. Second thing these coins can be abruptly ended if the burger king decides to close up rendering all the coins worthless.. 
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:15:03 PM

hahah this is making me laugh, it is a nice idea from burger king, but what kind of profits are they gonna get from this?  i think that having a cryptocurrencie would be nice to pay for burgers or any other stuff in there, that would push other restaurants or fast food to do the same, but it would be a slowly proccess. By the way, that is a nice idea, but i dont feel attracted by that coin , what do you think guys?
speaktome

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:50:39 PM

Oh man! this whoppercoin is for keeps. I have 5 whoppercoins in my wallet bought by my waves. Honestly, I do not care about its potential but all I care about is the free burgers.  Roll Eyes

From Where did you bought Whoppercoins ? please share the link

thanks
regards

If it's like some guy said before,about that it is a digital asset in wavesplatform,you probably need to get some waves first and exchange these inside of the platform.

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack

Sirius receive address:SQusssg3DRrKrEHW26c2skEDYCG7vrj11z
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:10:46 AM

Good to hear about this. Can't wait for this to happen at least there's a proof that bitcoin now is very popular. Looking forward for more stablishment that will accept bitcoin as payment.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Anwar22

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:47:01 AM

I think it is just a little program of burger king in Russia. looks that already not surprised by everyone in here. Because the waves project based in Russia and that was not make me surprised if the putin already supported and especially the burger king already accepted the waves coin as a payment.
miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:42:34 AM

source:
http://amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2017/08/25/burger-king-russia-cryptocurrency-whoppercoin/?source=dam

I think it is just a little program of burger king in Russia. looks that already not surprised by everyone in here. Because the waves project based in Russia and that was not make me surprised if the putin already supported and especially the burger king already accepted the waves coin as a payment.

Good job for burger king. Nice one! May others will also follow the brilliant idea of Burger King.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:45:15 AM

Yes i think that this will make other stores start using cryptocurrencies as a payment gateway in their shops. This would be nice, imagine going to adidas or nike and just pay with their tokens... If that happen then we are one step before the real "future" that we all imagine.
But it need more develop, we need more assets in we can exchange bitcoin for those tokens quickly.
It is a very nice idea, i am impressed about all of this.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Voltroon

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 03:24:43 AM

something new in waves
Therefore we use waveplatform for our coins
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:30:07 AM

They lost my faith after the Whopperito. Still a funny PR stunt!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: