Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:08:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoind running on the N900 smartphone  (Read 10762 times)
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 08, 2010, 04:42:19 PM

I was using the swype from left to right gesture

The swipe gesture is awkward, I agree. You can also easily make precise selections by tapping at the start of the selection then typing shift-rightarrow to extend the selection, or shift-tap to set the end of the selection.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ribuck
Donator

View Profile
December 08, 2010, 04:48:56 PM

Here's how it looks on the phone, in case anyone's interested:

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 08, 2010, 07:33:58 PM

I sent .61 btc to your phone because this is pretty cool. Im on a laptop does that count as a mobile device?

Its also cheaper than a text message   Cheesy

Now if starbucks publishes a bitcoin address you can buy a coffee . Does the n900 have copy and paste? Tongue

I received the .61 on the N900, thanks! Yes, the N900 does have copy and paste although it can be a pain to get exactly the right area to copy in the browser. I need a good way of getting addresses onto the phone. So if I see an address on a web page, or printed out, how to get this on the phone easily so I can send to it. Barcodes were discussed in the android thread so that's a possibility I guess.

Has anyone tried to intergrate bu.mp?  Use an extra data field in bu.mp that a script can automagicly copy from the bu.mp addressbook into the send money address field in bitcoind?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
ribuck
Donator

View Profile
December 08, 2010, 08:39:09 PM

Bump currently works on iPhone or on Android, but not on the N900. Anyway, it's a centralised proprietary solution and I think we can do better.
The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
December 08, 2010, 10:11:08 PM

Now if starbucks publishes a bitcoin address you can buy a coffee . Does the n900 have copy and paste? Tongue

Bah!

That Capulin coffee stuff at Coffee4Bitcoin is far better stuff than starbucks sells, in my opinion. Plus you get to drink it at the best cafe in the world: your own home! Cheesy

Edit: Their slogan "It's a trip" is quite accurate!  Don't use too many of those green beans (light roast).. I haven't slept for days. Seriously. Haha!
Ricochet

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 12:40:41 AM

I'll admit I've been curious how well something like this would run on something like an iPhone or other smartphone, performance aside.  Cool to see it actually working!
britschler

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2011, 12:28:17 PM

Hi all,

I experience problems with the bitcoin version for the n900 (I got it from http://bluishcoder.co.nz/bitcoin-pool/bitcoind.gz). When I try to execute the file I get the following error:
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2541/screenshot15d.png
I'm running version 20.2010.36-2.

Cheers,
britschler
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
January 01, 2011, 01:25:27 PM

I'm off-topic but :  anyone has a spare USB cable for n900 to sell for bitcoins ?

doublec (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 01, 2011, 11:05:21 PM

I experience problems with the bitcoin version for the n900 (I got it from http://bluishcoder.co.nz/bitcoin-pool/bitcoind.gz). When I try to execute the file I get the following error:

Did you download it and gunzip it on the phone? I just tried the following steps from the N900 terminal and it worked:

Code:
$ wget http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz/bitcoin-pool/bitcoind.gz
$ gunzip bitcoind.gz
$ chmod +x bitcoind.gz
$ ./bitcoind
doublec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2011, 05:26:29 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

I've updated the N900 binary to a newer version. I built from gitub commit b1a657. It's available here:

http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz/bitcoin-pool/bitcoind-b1a657.gz

I start it on the N900 using:

Code:
./bitcoind -noirc -connect=xx.xx.xx.xx -nolisten

Replacing 'xx.xx.xx.xx' with a node to connect too. This means no incoming connections will be made to the phone and only one connection is made outgoing.
Luke-Jr
Legendary
expert

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
February 04, 2011, 06:32:01 AM

... make one minor change to util.cpp. The ParseHex function in util.cpp has code like:

Code:
if (c == -1)

'c' is a 'char' type which is unsigned so this comparison never does what's expected. Changing both instances of this to the following gets a working bitcoind:

Code:
if (c == (char)-1)
This "fix" seems wrong. Really, 'phexdigit' should be redefined to a 'signed char' array, and 'c'  a simple 'signed char'-- then none of this casting mess is necessary. The problem stems from the fact that the C standard allows 'char' to be either signed or unsigned: implementors can choose (and I've often see it signed). That means if you might need to use values above 127 or below 0, you must specify signed/unsigned explicitly for your variables. What (char)-1 does, is turn it into 0xff (255) on compilers that have an unsigned 'char', which might work, but it really depends a lot on how the compiler handles the constant "-1" stored in the  (undefined signedness) phexdigit array.

ih8censorship

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 09:34:44 PM

I was referred to this topic from https://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=3940.msg56271#msg56271 . Did you have to change anything in the makefile? If so what all did you have to change and/or replace?
doublec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 10:20:29 PM

I was referred to this topic from https://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=3940.msg56271#msg56271 . Did you have to change anything in the makefile? If so what all did you have to change and/or replace?

I had to remove the -march and SSE stuff from the makefile. I've posted the makefile I used in the other thread. Hope that helps.
JesusTheCaffeine

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 06:35:48 AM

You can also do this on android by installing a few libs or using a chroot.  Tongue
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
March 11, 2011, 09:39:42 AM

Could you make a .deb for installing this please (optfication and all) ?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
gohan

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 03:57:38 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

I'm getting 280 khash/s while overclocked to 1150 Mhz. Not bad at all. Smiley
Luke-Jr
Legendary
expert

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 05:13:00 AM

I'm getting 280 khash/s while overclocked to 1150 Mhz. Not bad at all. Smiley
If you want to fry your N900 in a matter of months (at most).

johnieeliang

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 03:50:36 PM

lol nice, probably not the most effective thing but nice nonetheless
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 03:53:49 PM

Sorry, I haven't read this whole thread but I've seen that some people managed to hash at around 280kH/s.  I know the N900 has some graphic capable hardware:  any chance this device could be used to hash?

britschler

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 23, 2011, 09:37:03 PM

Update: 2010-02-04: The changes to ParseHex are no longer needed as they're part of the bitcoin source now. An updated build for the N900 is available here:

http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz/bitcoin-pool/bitcoind-b1a657.gz

This is built from github commit b1a657.

When I'm running bitcoind-b1a657 I notice an irc connection to some irc server being established, e.g.
tcp        0      0 192.168.3.118:56738     irc.lfnet.org:ircd      ESTABLISHED

What's the purpose of this connection?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: