Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:11:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How the NSA caught Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 1350 times)
Dudeperfect (OP)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 04:11:35 PM

I am not sure this is an authentic way of finding someone or not but I found this interesting.

"By taking Satoshi’s texts and finding the 50 most common words, the NSA was able to break down his text into 5,000-word chunks and analyse each to find the frequency of those 50 words."

* How the NSA caught Satoshi Nakamoto.

I am very sceptical about this kind of research/investigation. What's your take on this? Do you think we can find out real Satoshi with such method?
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:23:12 PM

Sounds like a pretty bad way to look for someone. You would need a lot of filtering. First all people use certain words in English the most, like the word "the" and so on. Then if you are looking for connections to that person by looking at other places where people wrote, then you would have to remove all words relating to those topic.

Here Satoshi was probably using words connected to Bitcoin the most and the words that are common in English texts. Otherwise, I still think that 50 would make a lot of false positives and that it is generally not a reliable way at all.

We really shouldn't look for the guy either. It is not like he got lost in the woods. If he wanted to be found he would show up.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:28:29 PM

I am not sure this is an authentic way of finding someone or not but I found this interesting.

"By taking Satoshi’s texts and finding the 50 most common words, the NSA was able to break down his text into 5,000-word chunks and analyse each to find the frequency of those 50 words."

I am very sceptical about this kind of research/investigation. What's your take on this? Do you think we can find out real Satoshi with such method?
I don't think that using his texts is the best way to try and find out what the most common words he will use in a paper will be, but this is an extremely effective method for finding out who wrote something, if you have more texts of similar lengths to go off of. This would also need phrases, grammar and other indicators, however. Most common words it's the most effective indicator when used alone.

If someone had enough time to sit down and look at all of my posts on here with the name removed, compared against every other post, they could probably be accurate in naming me >50% of the time.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 04:30:45 PM

So Craig went through all this trouble to remain anonymous then goes on the BBC? Yeah right...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:54:43 PM

Haha. Lol. If this guy is Satoshi, I am King Henry the Eight.
I remember this clown coming out few years back with some false proofs on TV. Singing Satoshi's transactions that were already signed (they were valid transactions from the blockchain, ofc they were signed). Later on he promised to give real proof and was letting people wait for weeks or months, I think. I knew that he wasn't Satoshi as soon as I found out that he gave no proof, since it takes like a minute to do it. He could've done it before he even came out on TV. Later he said how he will not give proof, because it wouldn't be ok somehow. Haha, I can't believe someone could be this naive. It is ridiculous for something so easy to prove, to just trust someone on his word and he was talking about it and going on TV for weeks at least. Lol. This guy is so pathetic.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3261

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:01:24 PM

That article is fiction, written to look like non-fiction. The fake Time cover should be your first clue.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:06:24 PM

No, I think you've got it all wrong. Check out the links below about the real Satoshi Nakamoto:

Wikipedia: Andreas Antonopoulos - Dorian Nakamoto
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Antonopoulos

Wikipedia: Satoshi Dorian Nakamoto
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#Dorian_Nakamoto

Reddit: Andreas: I'm fundraising for Dorian Nakamoto : Bitcoin
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ztjmg/andreas_im_fundraising_for_dorian_nakamoto/  
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:07:20 PM

Lol, how many times would people and some firms claim that they found the real Satoshi Nakamoto? Also, using the method they have, they'd be lost in shambles given that everyone can copy how he writes his posts and comments in the web. Speech pattern can help, but with almost everyone fascinated and amaze by this man, they can just copy him and mislead NSA, lol.
tavogi.com

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:16:47 PM

This reminds me of the "computationally impractical to reverse" link from a while ago. It's probably just coincidence, but it's fun to speculate about.

In October 2011, writing for Fast Company, investigative journalist Adam Penenberg cited circumstantial evidence suggesting Neal King, Vladimir Oksman and Charles Bry could be Nakamoto.[69] They jointly filed a patent application that contained the phrase "computationally impractical to reverse" in 2008, which was also used in the bitcoin white paper by Nakamoto.[70] The domain name bitcoin.org was registered three days after the patent was filed. All three men denied being Nakamoto when contacted by Penenberg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto#Other_speculation
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:32:42 PM

This is so undeniably false that it is actually being hilarious. Lol.
Damn dude! I can't even count how many people have claimed that they have found a way to find satoshi and that they actually have found him! Haha. That way of finding someone is really unreliable. I mean, we all know how famous satoshi is, for sure a lot would be copying him in every way possible! Some would even leave possible clues leading to them just to make it seem like they are satoshi. hahahha. But ok, lets just say no one wants to copy him or be him., dont you think out of billions of people here on earth no one would have same patterns in typing or expressing thoughts? That is just impossible. But okay, let's say satoshi expresses himself like an alien. Don't you think he'd try to blend in with other people to erase any leads that people may find to know who he really is or where he's at??

Why not just let the guy be, he doesn't want to be found, sheesh. I don't understand why people can't respect other people's love for privacy. Gawd! These type of people should go and get a life and start doing thing more that are more productive than this. Lol
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 05:53:54 PM

Also how is analyzing Satoshi's posts going to determine his identity? His posts are public, yes, but that doesn't mean that he has made similar posts under his real name somewhere else....

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:59:43 PM

We don't know who creator(s) is and we probably will never know. If he was anonimous since the start, why would he go out now? We might find out on someones deathbed or something like that, after the death of an original creator.

Also, why does it matter that much? Creator could be CIA since they've pretty much created tho tor network as well... who knows.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:18:44 PM

I don't think that using his texts is the best way to try and find out what the most common words he will use in a paper will be, but this is an extremely effective method for finding out who wrote something, if you have more texts of similar lengths to go off of. This would also need phrases, grammar and other indicators, however. Most common words it's the most effective indicator when used alone.

If someone had enough time to sit down and look at all of my posts on here with the name removed, compared against every other post, they could probably be accurate in naming me >50% of the time.

I also don't think that it is possible to find out the real Satoshi by using this method. There is a possibility that hey have picked some words and their whole investigation is based on incorrect data. I am not sure, how accurate it could be ?
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:16:56 PM

Dr. Craig Steven Wright is Satoshi Nakamoto.

"If you don’t believe me or don’t get it, I don’t have time to try to convince you, sorry."

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:21:55 PM

They don't want to take it that they have lost it and that this one is certainly beyond them, so anything to keep their hope alive seems okay. Soon they would run out of steam and then back at the garbage dump in search of next trash can to throw up in the air.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:35:36 PM

I was only able to understand few things mentioned in that article and that would be crazy if it is actually possible. How can you even find someone's identity with all that theory? Hopefully they don't grow grey hairs trying to find satoshi. Good luck to them. Who knows? Satoshi could even be a group of anonymous persons that came together under one name.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:03:01 PM

Yes, this is very possible to do today, but it assumes that Satoshi wasn't aware of
this capability prior and did not write in certain ways intentionally to throw off these
data analysis systems. He would have answered and talked in ways that is very
different than his actual way of speaking and using terms and phraseology. Satoshi
very likely wrote carefully and intentionally to attribute his style to well known public
people in the crypto and mathematics communities to throw off any future analysis,
even using individuals who were deceased at that point in time, for added confusion
and lulz, in the final results.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
ninza

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 08:10:23 PM

I am satoshi nakamoto
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:18:16 PM

The author likes fiction and drama. It reads nice, but that's all it is. A good read with no evidence, full of speculations.
In fact, DHS will not publicly confirm that even THEY know the billionaire’s identity.
The effort took less than a month and resulted in positive match

These two sentences contradict each other. Did they find his identity or not? If they don't confirm it then how come you know they had a positive match? So much bullcrap!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:39:25 PM

Dr. Craig Steven Wright is Satoshi Nakamoto.

"If you don’t believe me or don’t get it, I don’t have time to try to convince you, sorry."
He was smart enough to invent Bitcoin but dumb enough to refuse providing a signed message with his early mined addresses? I'd advise you to be careful with double chick balls sucking of Dr. you might choke on his balls. lol
Of course you don't have time because you are too busy with shilling for your boss emperor Wu, counting your free money and laughing at us while gang banging some under aged virgins. I'm mad because you guys didn't share a piece of the free large cake with me and other community members. double lol.

🖤😏
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: