Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:03:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about these altcoins for long term investment  (Read 1849 times)
FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:26:33 PM

For the past few days, I have been investing in some altcoins, I managed to invest in civic, nxt, dogecoin,reddcoin, and I am willing to hold these coins for a few years from now. I just hope that I will benefit from all the investments I have made so far.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
BaumT

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:33:11 PM

HODL! There is always hope.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 04:42:58 PM

Out of those you listed the only one i would potentially hold would be nxt. Doge although being the joke of cryptos its a pretty solid coin, I just wouldnt expect the price to rise any further than where its at. Everyone hopes to get in on the next coin to go moonwards, reddcoin i dont know much about other than its some socialnetwork coin so maybe it could hit it big?? Civic i just fail to see where its value comes from.

bouren

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:51:14 PM

For the past few days, I have been investing in some altcoins, I managed to invest in civic, nxt, dogecoin,reddcoin, and I am willing to hold these coins for a few years from now. I just hope that I will benefit from all the investments I have made so far.

Holding of cryptocurrencies with potential is a great form of investment. No doubt, you list includes some good names. But where people loose is "patience".
Continuous checking of rates and charts everyday panic the investor. The daily up/downs force investors to sell off his investment immaturely.
So be patient and don't panic if coin looses value in future. Patience is always rewarded.
piszozo

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:01:26 PM

i cant see waves or stratis buy you say it is long term :/
FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:08:39 PM

Out of those you listed the only one i would potentially hold would be nxt. Doge although being the joke of cryptos its a pretty solid coin, I just wouldnt expect the price to rise any further than where its at. Everyone hopes to get in on the next coin to go moonwards, reddcoin i dont know much about other than its some socialnetwork coin so maybe it could hit it big?? Civic i just fail to see where its value comes from.
I appreciate your honesty, I also have hope that nxt will go big within a period of a few years. With dogecoin and reddcoin I was just trying my luck, I love the solid part on dogecoin.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:18:29 PM

Holding of cryptocurrencies with potential is a great form of investment. No doubt, you list includes some good names. But where people loose is "patience".
Continuous checking of rates and charts everyday panic the investor. The daily up/downs force investors to sell off his investment immaturely.
So be patient and don't panic if coin looses value in future. Patience is always rewarded.
I am going to be patient with these coins, I am just having hope that one day they might reach my desired value. I am thinking of withdrawing them from bittrex wallet and store them on my hardware wallet.

FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:22:16 PM

i cant see waves or stratis buy you say it is long term :/
I will consider those two on my next altcoin investments, I am thinking of buying more altcoins and hold them for a long period for better benefits and outcomes. I see that a lot of altcoins have huge potential.

Kuchiyose

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:24:53 PM

Save more for the future to generate tremendous profits and and good luck for you. Wink
n4poleon

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:39:32 PM

In my opinion civic is over bought, their app does not even work on some devices, civic value is on free rise and free fall at the same time. Because when you use their service, it does not matter the price of the token the finality will be settled on fiat. Nxt is the only decent project you have on your list, you may want to hold on that. Although dogecoin is fun, we can't see reaching $1 don't we? Reddcoin has a lot of supply that'll never equate for its demand.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:50:25 PM

IMO, NXT is good for Long term. DOGE is steady so I don't expect significant price rise, though I keep some too because i like the community.
wizzard0

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 06:24:05 PM

There was a chart on twitter showing historical performance of coins over time. In short... it's getting worse.

Better to exit early and take either profit or loss, there's about the same amount of coins launched every year with long-term potential but they tend to get lost between all the empty ones launched recently.
FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:34:41 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2017, 01:29:25 PM by FrankNoland

In my opinion civic is over bought, their app does not even work on some devices, civic value is on free rise and free fall at the same time. Because when you use their service, it does not matter the price of the token the finality will be settled on fiat. Nxt is the only decent project you have on your list, you may want to hold on that. Although dogecoin is fun, we can't see reaching $1 don't we? Reddcoin has a lot of supply that'll never equate for its demand.
I thank your honesty. I am not intending to sell any of the above listed coins anytime soon. Dogecoin might some day reach $1, I just can't wait for that day. I guess I will be buying some more nxt since I have a few, considering that I will be investing in some more altcoins.

Matic

Activity: 310

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:37:35 PM

the only problem i see is that you bought near the top. so if you have the nerves to hold through bear market everything is good otherwise sell and rebuy at lower.
I would not hold Doge...

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:01:12 PM

i am not familiar with civic.

NXT is decent enough and it is mostly stable with small bumps, so don't expect much profit from it.

Dogecoin is a crappy coin that has no cap and there is billions of it available and there is only one future for it: drop down to zero

RDD: is more of a short term investment. it is the same as Dogecoin with no future and a huge supply. it will also go down to zero. but for the time being it is being hyped up because of Redd-ID and has a pump. there is also stake reward if you are into it.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
suryati

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:03:21 PM

It's been almost 6 months for me to have dogecoin and nxt until to this day I still hold it and will keep it,  until it reaches a higher price than the price when I buy it and hopefully someday they will rise and i will get some profit.
Rosam

Activity: 257
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:18:56 PM

I'm not sure I would hold long term any of these in hope of profit. Doge might keep value because it is an historical coin, has it's fans, and is used to trade on some exchanges (cryptoIa for exemple) low value coins, so it keeps a purpose. Nxt might be around for a while, but I fail to see a reason why it might reach new heights. I can't see any future for reddcoin or civic. I think if you want to hold long term you would be better off holding bitcoin rather that these.

webmastax

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:47:53 PM

I think waves have a huge potential on long terms. It makes it better that you can lease your waves and have an additional rewards.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:06:46 PM

As practice shows, while the greatest profit is given by bitcoin. Competitors in this yet. From altcoyins I like Ethereum. He is second after bitkoin in the list of capitalization - more than 31 billion dollars. In addition, many ICOs can not do without him, which serves him as additional support. Yes, and the growth of his course is impressive. So I think that you need to invest in leaders.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:13:20 PM

Actually as you may see most of all altcoins was rised up in this year 5-10 times. So there is very high chances that this coins will rise again and again! (I only don't know civic).
Buy you need to my some coins on etherium, wings is good in my opinion.
And one more coin, waves - also have some potential.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: