Bitcoin Forum
September 01, 2024, 11:19:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think of the idea?
Awesome! - 3 (27.3%)
Meh. - 3 (27.3%)
Dumb as shit - 1 (9.1%)
I want to be involved! - 1 (9.1%)
I'd need to see more. - 3 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gauging Interest for a Bitcoin Collectible  (Read 569 times)
coinchase (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 11:04:30 PM

Hey guys! Here's my idea:

Special collectible card set celebrating bitcoin's history and community. Like every trading card set, there would be common, uncommon, rare, and 'shiny'.

Shiny cards would have a private key printed on them with tamper proof holo tape over top. (Just like casascius coins.) They wouldn't have a lot of bitcoins associated with them, but the most rare would have something like 1 btc in them. Shinies would be found very infrequently. Maybe 1 in 20 packs or so.

The cards would have a consistent design theme but each card would have artwork on it depicting something involving the bitcoin community.

Some possible cards:
Satoshi Nakamoto
Genesis Block
Mining Rigs
The million dollar pizza
"First they Ignore You"
"Second they Laugh at You"
"Third they Fight You"
"Then You Win"
Bitcoin
Litecoin (and other altcoins)
"Decentralized"
"Hacked"
Cold Wallet
Anonymous
Blockchain
Hashpower
etc.

Each cards artwork would be created by a member of the bitcoin community and they could have their email address/ username on the cards they designed. I would try to have competitions and specifically curated artists design specific cards. I would try to make participation as inclusive and fun as possible while maintaining a certain level of quality.

Cards would be printed on glossy/heavy card stock just like regular trading cards and would be packaged in a foil 'booster pack' style. Limited edition sets could be created for special events/ promotion of bitcoin related product announcements.

If enough people show interest I might take the concept to the next step and start designing/ seeking out printshops/packaging suppliers.

Thoughts? Cool? Stupid? Any suggestions? Wanna help? This is literally in the idea stage so it may or may not continue. Depends on you guys.

What do you guys think?!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: