Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 11:24:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining rig 6 gtx1060 6gb keeps on crashing since last Thursday  (Read 509 times)
ledsgo (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:00:56 PM

Hi guys, I need your help.

I have a 6 GPU GTX1060 6GB mining rig running on a ASUS Prime Z270-P  on windows 10 which has been mining perfectly for almost 2 months.

Last Thursday, it crashes and since then I am not able to make it run with more than 1 card.

When run alone, all my 6 cards run perfectly well but if I make any combination of 2 cards, it crash in less than a minute.

Most of the time when it crashes the screen goes black and all the cards fans start blowing like crazy.

I have 2 CPU Supernova 750, I tested both independently but it does not solve my problem.

I am using claymore 9.8 dual mining but the same problem happens with 9.7 or nicehash.

I am out of ideas.

Thanks a lot!

Please let me know if you need more infos
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:42:10 AM

Well, first of all, give nvOC a try and see if the 6x GPU rig mines okay with Linux OS. If yes, then the problem is in configuration. Rip every configuration and clean install. From bios reset to updating bios --> implementing proper bios setting --> Clean Windows 10 Install --> Latest Nvidia Driver --> Start Mining. Moreover, give your risers a check, they are the only ones to create problems in a long run.
GaryH

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:05:17 PM

Check the Windows logs and see if there are any errors?  You could also force removal of the NVidia drivers and reinstall them.
ledsgo (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:52:03 PM

Thanks for your advice!

I found my problem, it was one of the PSU.

I manage to make everything work again after plugging my PSUs directly into the wall (at this point, I was checking if my power bar was the problem). Though I found out the hard way that my power bar was in fact protecting me...after 30 second the smoke started to come out of a cable that was connecting my 2 PSUs together. (I think I received that cable with my motherboard but I am not sure).

Anyway I am using another PSU now and everything works fine again.

MATHReX

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:30:10 PM

Thanks for your advice!

I found my problem, it was one of the PSU.

I manage to make everything work again after plugging my PSUs directly into the wall (at this point, I was checking if my power bar was the problem). Though I found out the hard way that my power bar was in fact protecting me...after 30 second the smoke started to come out of a cable that was connecting my 2 PSUs together. (I think I received that cable with my motherboard but I am not sure).

Anyway I am using another PSU now and everything works fine again.

Btw, what did you use to connect your two PSUs? Add2PSU relay or 24-Pin ATX cable that is made for Dual PSU set-up like this.

ledsgo (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:39:05 PM

Yes, exactly and that seemed to be the problem.

This is the cable that burned.

All my other PSU are shorted alone and they work fine.
MATHReX

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:01:44 AM

Yes, exactly and that seemed to be the problem.

This is the cable that burned.

All my other PSU are shorted alone and they work fine.

Thanks a ton for your feedback. Actually, I've always used this for my dual PSU set-ups.

I wanted to give the cable that I've posted above, a try. I might change my decision after your feedback though.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: